Home

Introduce Yourself

Gabez

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm 16 years old and I live in the Netherlands. About four years ago I discovered Day of the Tentacle and I loved it immediately. When I had finished it I played the Monkey Island games and after that all the other Lucas Arts adventure games. I'm a really big fan and I had been reading the Mixnmojo forums for quite a while before I signed up here.

My biggest hobby is playing guitar, I really love guitars. I now own five guitars which some people consider many,

r :p

My biggest hobby is playing guitar, I really love guitars. I now own five guitars which some people consider many,
r :p

I love string instruments! I currently have a banjo, an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, and a ukulele. :)

@Lagomorph01

I'm from Haarlem! It's a really nice city!

It's quite far from Panningen though :p

Distance is only present in your mind.

It just limits us to look beyond the horizon.

And on another note, it's the Netherlands, you can travel from North to South in 3 hours. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, I'm Hayden and I live in Australia. I don't know what perceptions everyone has about Australia, but we don't all wrestle crocodiles, we rarely say 'Crikey!', kangaroos are not a mode of transport, and I have never heard anybody say 'shrimp on the barbie' in actual context. Anyway, enough about my country, more about me. I like games, I love adventure games, but the games in the Monkey Island series are at the top of my list (yes, even Escape). I also enjoy Australian Rules Football as well as two-wheeled motorsports (MotoGP, World Superbikes, etc.). I'm also a huge music fan, rock and metal being my favourite genres, but I do listen to other genres occasionally. That's a brief summary of, well, me.

Hachachachacha! Its Dexterspet here. Im always the joking around life of the party kind of guy. I love cracking jokes and this is my first post of what I assume will be many. I wanna say it's an honor to be part of such a community as this. Im young but not too young and I am a HUGE fan of Monkey Island and Star Wars. I have blue eyes and enjoy my 360 very much. I tend to typo a lot because my computer has weird messed up keys. Just the more reason to proofread everything I type. Also, I think that walkthroughs are wrong, mostly because once I complete a game, I never forget anything about it, so I think walkthroughs are stupid. But I know that is a stupid statement, because I used a walkthrough for some very obscure puzzles, or ones that are just really out of my league. (Like giving "how to get A-Head in navigating" to the cannibals....Har har har Lucasarts....) I also tend to rant/go on tangents a lot when I type for no explicit reason. Well, I think i've typed quite enough. I'll be happy to talk to anyone reading this in the near future on a hopefully more interesting topic.

I don't understand what's wrong with them entirely. They aren't sticky, it just seems that they work whenever they want to unless you hit them semi-harder than usual in the exact center of the key. Otherwise if you are typing fast and just typing the sides of the keys, they work about 90% of the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Hellbeard and I used to frequent the Mixnmojo forum quite regularly about 7 or 8 years ago, however that made me 12-13 years old and I was incredibly annoying. In fact, I think I was what would be classified as a "troll" before trolls even existed. I made a habit of making stupid threads and irritating metallus, gabez, elTee and haggis among others. Not sure if I ever came close to getting banned, but I probably deserved to be.

My most famous thread was "Hellbeard's Pong Challenge" where I challenged people to beat my score in a 3D internet ping pong game, and the winner got a desktop background I made (it was bad.. I was 12). I thought I was amazing at the game so I refused to believe people who said they beat my score. I was also obsessed with the fact that I got an Earl Boen autograph of his head with a dartboard drawn on it (He drew the dartboard).

I'm from Toronto, Canada and I've played every Lucasarts Adventure game except for the Dig and Zak McKraken, and I am thrilled that Monkey Island, and Sam and Max came back from the dead. (remember when mojo lost its mind when Lucasarts canceled Sam and Max 2!? That **** was crazy!)

Anyways, I just figured that with the recent influx of telltale and lucasarts adventure games that it would be a good idea to make a glorious return to the world of mojo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived