Home

Failure to Release Inner Nerd...

Well perhaps.. Considering I get hounded for my picture in every Star Wars message board I join up with.

Errr, ever heard of learning from your mistakes? Seriously, it reduces the frequency of 'doh moments by quite a bit. Since I would never question your intelligence, I'll instead presume you like the atention:xp:

But seriously, this is a fun topic... and well, let's not let the thread turn into an attempt to get pictures of the female fans... shall we?

Depends on the hawtness of said fans, the moment people like Jae start providing such pics is the moment the thread gets back on track:D.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Errr' date=' ever heard of [b']learning[/b] from your mistakes? Seriously, it reduces the frequency of 'doh moments by quite a bit. Since I would never question your intelligence, I'll instead presume you like the atention:xp:

Mmm, yup the attention is a good thing. :D

To get back on track:

I met this guy the other day who had Yoda on his iPod. It was quite interesting, as well.. It's on my iPod too. Lol, my iPod has many Starwarsy songs on it, as well as all 6 soundtracks plus the Complete Edition of Episode I. :xp: Anyone who looks at my iPod will know I like Star Wars. ^^

At one point, my message tone was Yoda saying, "Mmm, message from the dark side there is." :p My mum's and grandma's reactions to it were...humourous, to say the least :lol:

Mine is Edgeworth's "Objection!" from Phoenix Wright. I love getting messages while talking to people :xp:

I once played around with the sound effects on the computer to make a Lord of the Rings theme... I had the Ring poem that Galadriel says play when I start up the computer... critical errors were Sam Gamgee saying "He means to murder us..." Stuff like that... :D I never got around to making a Star Wars one though... :disaprove:

I would just like to say that this thread inspired me to release my inner nerd recently... I was on the last page of an end-of-term paper for my Organizational Behavior class for my MBA, and part of the assignment involved analyzing a self-assessment I took online about hunger for power. I decided to use a Jedi/Sith analogy theme throughout that entire section of the paper. It was awesome. I only hope my professor sees it the same way I do. :)

My inner nerd flys as free as a bird, mostly becuase my school is full of nerds. :xp:

I usually sit in the library and just surf this forum until lunch ends. It's the only forum not blocked by the school. :xp:

I AM THE UBER NERD!

Hmz...I'm too 'down to earth' to be a real geek. Although I have to admit...my knowledge of the SW universe became frightening when I managed to turn the letter 'W' into Darth Vader's mask.

There's a writing method (for children who learn to write on school) and it requires the children to turn every newly learned letter into 'recognisable' object so they remember to write it correctly.

So, we were testing it out (laughing about the method...it's realy...60's LSD stuff..freeeedom. It's called 'Writedance') and I turned a 'W' into Darth Vaders mask. Which the teacher used as an example...because it rocked. :xp:

PS: She recognised it alright...so did most of the class.

I was sat in an assembly in school (around 10 years ago now), and our headmaster was talking about missions and goals. And said that Star Trek has a Prime Objective.

All my friends happened to know that I was (and still am, to an extent) a massive Trek fan (as well as all things sci-fi). And, not wanting to let an error about my beloved obsession slide, I put my hand up. And corrected the HEADMASTER of my entire school, right in front of 600 people.

Needless to say, the taunts of 'Spock-ears', 'Nerd' and 'Loser' were totally worth it. :shades2:

I was sat in an assembly in school (around 10 years ago now), and our headmaster was talking about missions and goals. And said that Star Trek has a Prime Objective.

All my friends happened to know that I was (and still am, to an extent) a massive Trek fan (as well as all things sci-fi). And, not wanting to let an error about my beloved obsession slide, I put my hand up. And corrected the HEADMASTER of my entire school, right in front of 600 people.

Needless to say, the taunts of 'Spock-ears', 'Nerd' and 'Loser' were totally worth it. :shades2:

:rofl:

That's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing it with us :D

_EW_

Hmm, my Inner geeks comes most out when I play Warhammer 40.000

I just know about all the rules and stat lines, so I can like play a match in my head when bored on the long train tracks I have to do 3 days a week.

Its absolute fun, comparing WS skills, checking AP strenghts of weapons and whatnot. Our just reading mindlessly all my codexses.

And this board just has dragged me down deeper into it, with modding and doing "research" in SW lore and fluff :lol:

It really shows ! When people ask what I did this weekend, I reply: " I"ve been making this level for 15 hours for this 5 year old game, named Kotor. And... blablabla... "

^_^ Though I'm a happy geek

It really shows ! When people ask what I did this weekend, I reply: " I"ve been making this level for 15 hours for this 5 year old game, named Kotor. And... blablabla... "

Haha, I can relate there. Do you realize how hard it is to explain even BASIC modding to someone who has no idea what you're talking about? :lol:

Also I use this site during study halls and what not, I'm usually in the RP during that time... People call me nerdy, when they see it's some Star Wars site that I'm on... and furthermore... I'm RPG'ing... :xp:

I would just like to say that this thread inspired me to release my inner nerd recently...

Well kudos to you. :D This thread has made me let some of my nerdy side show though more often as well. :lol:

Haha, I can relate there. Do you realize how hard it is to explain even BASIC modding to someone who has no idea what you're talking about? :lol:

Absolutely. I've tried telling my friends. One has tried it out. The others just kind of look at me funny.

Even the one that tried it only worked for about a month and then stopped.

_EW_

Oh oh, I've got one. I once dressed as Elvis and sang I Just Wanna Be Your Teddy Bear in front of a crowd of 500 people. Pelvic gyrations and all. Yeah.

The worst part? There's at least three video tapes of it floating out there somewhere.

Vids or it didn't happen :carms:

:rofl:

That's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing it with us :D

_EW_

I guess the fact I forgot to actually add the correction was 'Prime Directive' (as opposed to his Prime Objective) is a testament to how much of a nerd everyone else is too, right?

right? :(

I certainly didn't need to see the correction, if that makes you feel any better :D

_EW_

Well, I didn't get it... So I did need the correction... XD But my Star Wars and Lord of the Rings nerdiness makes up for never having seen Star Trek I suppose... :xp:

I just wish to thank everyone contributing to this thread' date=' seeing such extreme geekishnes makes me feel so, so, so normal :xp:[/quote']

You're welcome, it makes me feel rather normal too. :lol:

I'm labeled as a nerd greatly just becasue I like Sci-Fi, and wear shirts with Star Wars or something else related every day, I don't like it, but hey, everybody has nerdy secrets I bet.

I must confess...I have a shirt that says "I've turned to the dork side."

Feels good to get that off my chest.

Archived