Home

[WIP] TSL, Yavin IV

Exile007

Well, what do you know? Exile thinks he can handle a planet mod. Well I probably couldn't, but luckily this is a joint project between myself, Marius Fett. and Quanon. :D

Yavin IV, a planet that is held by both the Republic and Sith. Both sides have been in a stalemate for a time, but recently the Sith have had mystical powers on their side. The question is why? The Republic requests for your help in a small effort to drive the Sith back. This small effort has a much bigger threat then what meets the eye when the spirit of Exar Kun is revealed, a lost Jedi found, and a battle that will change Yavin IV forever...

Features:

-A new planet (moon) added to the galaxy map to be explored.

-New unique weapons and items.

-Over five side quests.

-Two new force powers to be learned.

-New enemies to be fought.

-Exar Kun's Spirit to confront.

I put a trailer on youtube featuring the first module.

Watch it here.

And I have a few screenshots to show off, all of which from Kun's tomb. :D

Fight

Another fight

And yet another fight :p

And our release date is :wid:

I will attempt to make updates weekly or every two weeks.

Any opinions or suggestions are welcome. ;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is excellent! I loved the other Yavin IV KotOR mod that was recently translated to English (well, a few months ago) and while they made good use (mostly) of pre-existing modules, it will be great to see you guys tackle it.

May I ask what the new Force powers will be? :D

So far I've deleted 3 off-topic "when its it going to be done/no, he'll kill you!!!" type posts. I'll hand out infractions the next time I see any more spam posts like that. I hate handing out infractions--don't make me do that to you, please.

Thank you Jae, I was just trying to say don't ask for when it will be done. Regardless, I have removed the "I will kill you!" part of the thread post to prevent further temptation.

@xrefusex - You'll have to play the mod to find out. ;)

@everyone else - Thanks for your kind replies. I should have an update sometime in the next few days. ;)

Looks great, Exile.

Good luck - I hope you have some Advil to combat the headaches you're going to have :D

_EW_

Thanks, I guess I should go out right now and buy some huh? :xp:

You might have said this before, Exile007, but how many modules does the moon have? I assume it'd have at least 2 (the initial area and the tomb of Exar Kun), but are you adding others?

More than two areas. I'd say we have at least five. Some of them are new thanks to Quanon. ;)

My goal for this mod, is 3 new areas:

- A base for the Republic, interiour, sort of bunker/military thing.

- A big generale Jungle area, that connects all others, an entrance to above mentioned base, a link to the landing area and a link to Khuns big tomb/temple.

- Last area would be Jungle around the facade of Khuns evil Tomb.

This is all in the planning and subject to change ofcourse.

After taking Advil numerous times to combat some frustrations with my computer I can finally update this mod! :emodanc:

A couple notes to y'all.

-I used a texture that Marius Fett gave to me some time ago for the texture of the ghosts. This may or may not change, depends whether Fett wants it to stay.

-I changed the "Disciples of Exar Kun" to "Brothers of the Sith." The reason for this was because that was the actual name of Kun's Organization during the Great Sith War. Just trying to clarify. ;)

And without further ado, screenshots! :D

-A view of the tomb

-Another View

-Combat Shot 1

-Combat Shot 2

-Final Combat Shot

EDIT: Forgot to say that that saber looks awesome Marius Fett. :D

For clarification, by Dark Jedi, he means the twi'lek you all saw in the trailer.

Archived