Home

TSL Content Restoration

Pikmin

Not sure if this has been covered and please don't miss-understand what i'm about to post. I'm not meaning an offence by it.

You say your going to replace/restore the voice acting in some parts. i'm worried that it'll sound sub-par to what the voice actors did originally. Plus you can't just replace some of the non-existent lines and keep the original voice acting, if your going to replace some lines from a character, you have to replace all of it IMO.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mlah... I see you both don't understand something... I will try to explain this ;)

There will be just few "recorded" VO in this mod. Most of VO were already recorded by original voice actors, you can even listen to them now if you know how to find them.

Unfortunetly, some of VO aren't in game files. Then, if it's character that already is saying sth in game, Pikmin just splicing VO from the existing ones.

BUT if this character doesn't have any VO recorded in entire game, there's no other way than just recording (example: Dustil, or in TSLRP it'll Kaeeve [i think that's her name]).

Hope it was clear.

Eh, looks like the mod police payed us a visit... :rolleyes:

Anyway, looks like you're near the end. When TSLRP gets released as well, we will finally get a chance to play K2 like it was meant to be played. :)

I wouldn't say their near the end just yet. The bug list went up again. Its more like eventually we will get to play KOTOR 2 like it was meant to be played.:)

I don't have a bug list, this project is different than TSLRP...

oh I know you don't. I was merely saying that the waiting for a complete KOTOR 2 may be longer with TG's mod slowing considerably. I feel you guys have made some impressive progress in the small amount of time you have been working on your project. :) keep it up

(and now has an issue tracker for when the lazy beta testers start their playthroughs)

You didn't call me lazy, did you? :lol: I'm not lazy! I'm on Harbringer already! (in 3 days? OK, maybe I am a bit lazy...)

Not sure about the others,but this really isn't the best way to get your testing done faster

Well, perphaps not, but I pesonally think it is a simpler way to reporting bugs. And at least now people will not asking "how testing\bug fixing is going" few times in week ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I for one have been looking forward to these restoration projects since 2005 when I first heard about TG...

It'll be worth the wait and after so long I can wait a little more. Thanks a ton for doing this kind of work fellers. You rock.

:)

I find your lack of faith disturbing : ) I belive they are going to fix those bugs, as TG is fixing bugs left by Obsidian.

TG is only fixing the non-engine bugs; there are a lot (well some at least) of bugs that TG can't restore because they're problems with the engine itself. Which I suspect applies for the Bounty Hunter Class as well.

If you want a bounty hunter class here is a way;

When the character decides to be a bounty hunter, have a give item script for the rocket launcher to the character. This can be done in a dialog.

ex. Who are you?

I'm a bounty hunter. (give rocket launcher or a new created arm band with bounty hunter guild logo )

If the rocket does not work then create a arm band that will represent the bounty hunter guild, use this item for checks.

Now what you do is have a script run that will check if party member has item, if true then at levels ups you can give an extra point to be place in one of the level up categories.

This link has the script to change attributes,... etc

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143412

When ever its a bounty hunter related issue, just do a check on the rocket launcher or arm band item. You can do a check if its equipped on the PC or a party member.

This should in theory bypass any issues plus its easier then fixing the bugged bounty hunter internal slot.

Logan

Archived