Home

World will end on Wednesday!!!

jonathan7

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like yelling "WE'RE ALL DOOMED!" and complaining about Switzerland turning into "THE GAPING BLACK JAWS OF OBLIVION" to wind up one particularly loud Hadron Collider fanboy that tails me around. Good times.

It's intriguing, I suppose, but as I don't know enough about the science I can't say for sure. I don't think anyone will know what will truly happen until we do it, mind.

I hope it makes a micro black hole. Hawkins deserves a Nobel Prize already (IMHO)...

But then again, I'd say the same thing about Richard Dawkins... And then I'd finally have to decide to give the nobel prize to everyone who I would veiw as 'brilliant' I guess.

I can see something like antimatter power coming along soon if this LHC of theirs works right.

I'm excited. I've been watching all the marketing available on YouTube for months.

Get ready for the 3rd superstring revolution. The next decade could potentially be very exciting indeed. While I wish to congratulate Europe for reclaiming the their spot at the forefront of scientific discovery, it's kind of sad to the U.S. era ending :(

It's funny actually, I had to give a presentation today of at least 8 minutes. My topic?

"The World's Going to End on Wednesday".

Got quite a few laughs, and I think I educated some people too. :D

I hope it works, and that they do find the elusive Higg's boson, and we'll be closer to learning how the universe works.

Or, we'll be sucked into a vacuum. I've cancelled the milk for this week either way. :lol:

While I wish to congratulate Europe for reclaiming the their spot at the forefront of scientific discovery[/Quote] Indeed.
it's kind of sad to the U.S. era ending :(

Yea, I remember Texas actually was planning on being in the lead on this discovery. Still we are probably better off. Had the SSC project stayed in Texas, you’d most likely had a bunch of drunken Waxahachie rednecks shooting their gun at it the first time it was attempted to be used.

Excited to see what new discoveries come from this and how stupid Congress was to cancel the project here in 1993.

Oh yeah, just saw that, Achilles. Nevermind.

He discusses the wager in the series Stephen Hawkings' Universe. He cracks a grin when he mentions the wife's reaction and it's a painful reminder that inside that wasted body is a real human being with a brillant mind.

Yea, I remember Texas actually was planning on being in the lead on this discovery. Still we are probably better off. Had the SSC project stayed in Texas, you’d most likely had a bunch of drunken Waxahachie rednecks shooting their gun at it the first time it was attempted to be used.
Wow, way to put things in perspective, man. Suddenly I'm not bitter anymore.

Excited to see what new discoveries come from this and how stupid Congress was to cancel the project here in 1993.
Well said :golfclap:

Stephen Hawking's £50 bet on the world, the universe and the God particle

Discovery or doom? Collider stirs debate

I'm excited. I've been watching all the marketing available on YouTube for months.

Get ready for the 3rd superstring revolution. The next decade could potentially be very exciting indeed. While I wish to congratulate Europe for reclaiming the their spot at the forefront of scientific discovery, it's kind of sad to the U.S. era ending :(

We could be looking at subjects such as proving the existance of multi-dimensions, time travel, space exploration, etc... This could be very exciting.

Darn when I saw the thread title I thought it might be a cool thread about "If you knew the world was goingto end tomorrow, what would you do?"

Of course the first thought that passed through my mind was "Darn it, I just paid rent."

As for the LHC, I hope it does produce something. It's been so publicised and in the news so much, it had better produce more than a *fizzle* *POP* when it's fired up... I would prefer something practical.

Archived