Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time slips by... Most of you have been here 10 or more years at this point, remember. (Which is a kinda weird statistic in itself...)

Giant rock band last night. A lot of work... but it was kind of fun.

Meetings this morning. Gotta go in early. With the other hall manager out on maternity, and my boss moving into his apartment this week, I'm the only person in the office for the next week or so. Gotta hold down the fort.

more hours for you

which is a good thing, aside from you getting burned out by the end of the week

yeah i get easily annoyed my children. i don't know why, these were grade school kids, and it's not like they were intentionally doing anything wrong.

other than that i think i should get a better pair of shoes. going to have someone at the shoe store show me which ones i should buy.

i did buy gel heel inserts today but they don't seem to be helping much.

i think i'm going to go buy some tires tomorrow. I am sick of risking them blowing out on me. they're almost showing wires...i wanted to get used, but new are gonna be worth it in the long run.

Had dinner with M. tonight. Just me and her. She actually let me pay without putting up a fuss for the first time, too.

I don't know what that means... if anything.

I actually even let her borrow my car for a couple of hours today to help her out with work. She had to show 6 places spread all over the city in a couple of hours. No way she could have done it all by subway... and it would have been a fortune by cab.

It was a tiny bit nerve wracking when I thought about... but then, my car usually spends all day out of my sight anyway... just sitting unprotected in a parking garage somewhere.

Not a scratch on it; the inside was spotless; and the tank was filled to the top. Not too shabby.

If it helps her make a big commission, then we'll both be happy.

And I got an invite to a home-made dinner at her new place when she's finally settled in for all my kindness. Hopefully that's one-on-one as well...

I talked to that other girl who kind of likes me on the phone last night. I don't know. She's a good traditional Catholic girl, and she's very pretty, but I don't know that we actually have anything in common. It's hard to pin her down. I ask what kind of music she likes, and she'll say "oh, I like everything..." Nobody freaking likes everything. And she seems to be into outdoors type stuff, which I am really not. So I don't know. But on the other hand, I wasn't so sure about the last girl the first few times we talked either. I never fall for people right away - it takes time for me to get interested. So I guess there's some potential here. I guess I'm still hurting prety badly from the last girl, so I'll just take this slowly and see if anything comes of it naturally.

Shot a 622 set against my cousins last night, and my team took 6 of the 8 points. I was especially proud of the first game: everything was either a strike or 9-spare, and, indeed, if it had been 9-pin no-tap (9 on first ball counts as a strike), I would've had an opening game 300.

Good times. :joy:

stupid sellers lawyer scheduled himself in court the day of the close, its not like we signed a contract june 22 saying aug 19th

oh wait, we did! what a dumb putz :rolleyes:

so they want to move the closing date and I told them, sorry, but if it moves it has to be earlier, just like the contract we both signed says, ON or BEFORE Aug 19th . arg.

Shot a 622... an opening game 300.

Good times. :joy:

Whoo-hoo!

:D

Oh, and Zarg... good luck with all that, and welcome to the special Land Of Confusion that seems to be set aside for those folks who are trying to buy a house.

stupid sellers lawyer scheduled himself in court the day of the close, its not like we signed a contract june 22 saying aug 19th

oh wait, we did! what a dumb putz :rolleyes:

so they want to move the closing date and I told them, sorry, but if it moves it has to be earlier, just like the contract we both signed says, ON or BEFORE Aug 19th . arg.

Aw. how sweet

you're giving me a house for my birthday :thmbup1:

Keyan, I've found that the most important things to have in common are core values. My wife and I share very little in common when it comes to music or movies or little stuff like that, but we both recognize that we share the same values when it comes to family and faith and big stuff like that. It makes life interesting, to say the least :)

Besides, most chicks I know who aren't music majors like "everything" when it comes to music. The other exceptions would be if they are country music fans or hip-hop/rap/r&b fans. Then it seems it is all they listen to.

Zarg, Ed just edited my quote in such a way to make it look like I shot a natural 300 game. If you read my post carefully, I was talking about an alternate scoring method where you count 9 pins on the first ball as a strike. That alternate scoring method is popular for stuff like fun tournaments, but can also be useful practice, as it gets you to really concentrate on your first ball in every frame. :)

My actual first game was only 215, but it had 6 natural strikes and 6 9-counts in which I made the spare. Counting those 9s as strikes, and given the fact that the 10th frame was all natural strikes, I had the no-tap 300. :)

Zarg, Ed just edited my quote in such a way to make it look like I shot a natural 300 game. If you read my post carefully, I was talking about an alternate scoring method where you count 9 pins on the first ball as a strike. That alternate scoring method is popular for stuff like fun tournaments, but can also be useful practice, as it gets you to really concentrate on your first ball in every frame. :)

My actual first game was only 215, but it had 6 natural strikes and 6 9-counts in which I made the spare. Counting those 9s as strikes, and given the fact that the 10th frame was all natural strikes, I had the no-tap 300. :)

Still... that's pretty good. At least 9 pins, that many times in a row is nothing to sneeze at.

Going home... along with thousands of people just getting out of the McCartney show at Fenway Park.

FML. :rolleyes:

I'd stick around work for a while until the crowds on the subway die down a bit... but I have to be back here in less than 10 hours... at least 2 of those being commute.

Hooray!

:dozey:

Facebook, twitter, and Livejournal experainced a lot of DDoS attacks yesturday. THousands of addicts are now seeking therapy. And i have now learned of another way to take over the world MUHAHAHAHA

HAve two picnics this weekend to go to.. on differant days. Also watching the UFC fights SAturday with some friends.

Not going to need to worry about food til next week :) and next weekend my unoffical Girlfriend is coming down to visit.

Keyan, I've found that the most important things to have in common are core values. My wife and I share very little in common when it comes to music or movies or little stuff like that, but we both recognize that we share the same values when it comes to family and faith and big stuff like that. It makes life interesting, to say the least :)

I guess that's true. We definitely have the core values in common, and there's clearly a mutual attraction. Still, it seems like we should want to...you know...DO things together. And maybe we will. We hardly know each other at this point, so that remains to be seen. I guess I'm just comparing it to the last girl - right away we could see we had absolutely everything in common.

Meh, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Archived