Home

LucasArts Posters

Laserschwert

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings all! Haven't been here in a while but I like the new poster editions that have been added!

Anyways, sorry if this is slightly off topic from the current discussion, but Laserschwert, you wouldn't happen to know what the font is that is used on the Loom box for "Lucasfilm Games Presents" and "A Fantasy Adventure..."? (I think it's actually the same as the Simon the Sorcerer font as well) Thanks a ton!

Greetings all! Haven't been here in a while but I like the new poster editions that have been added!

Anyways, sorry if this is slightly off topic from the current discussion, but Laserschwert, you wouldn't happen to know what the font is that is used on the Loom box for "Lucasfilm Games Presents" and "A Fantasy Adventure..."? (I think it's actually the same as the Simon the Sorcerer font as well) Thanks a ton!

Well, you're lucky, because I had look it up as well for my Loom-poster. It's Uncial ATT (be sure to get the right one, as there are several versions of it... you can identify the correct version by the "y"... you can see on the Loom-poster how it's supposed to look). With a little googling you'll surely find a download.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried to ignore this thread for a long time because I knew what would happen. And it has - I have finally succumbed, I'm getting a LeChucks Revenge poster printed. Great work Laserschwert, the posters really are fantastic.

I eagerly look forward to Grim Fandango posters. Those would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! Those posters are great, thank you Laserschwert! I'm looking forward to the Grim Fandango one :)

I did some minimalistic (mini)poster from Monkey Island. I don't think they are good for print, but here they are.

:thmbup1: Very good, especially SoMI, MI2 and ToMI. :) Higher resolution pleeeease!!!

edith: are these vector-based? If so, would you mind sharing SVGs?

I'm really sorry because I started them for fun, I didn't think that someone would really print them. I'm not a pro and the originals are 1130x1546 pixels (200 dpi). I still got the .psd files (no vector), if someone is able to make them good for printing, can pm me (yes, almighty Laserschwert, I'm talking to you :D)

(Thank you all, by the way)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, not been here in a while but recently acquired a new pic to hang alongside the fantastic work of Laserschwert, the community and of course Mr Purcell.

http://twitpic.com/1ipnih

Bought from the Telltale Games store and framed in Teddington UK.

(Cost of framing is a little nuts but I think I managed a balance of budget frame that still looks like tarnished gold, it even has green flecks around the edges which was algae and rust from the ocean... in my imagination lol)

Thanks again everyone :)

Any way of getting a version of this more suitable for printing?

http://www.theawesomeevery.com/Jumbo/10-03-09_BrutalLegendTributeL72.jpg

Or will I be able to print it? It's at a lower resolution and DPI than the ones showed here, but I don't really understand that yet, so it might just be suitable for printing, some clarification would be appreciated :)

Other than that, I just want to say that I love your other work Laserschwert! Gonna print some soon, and definitely looking forward to some Grim Fandango stuff!

That would probably print up pretty decent. General rule of thumb (at least according to most printers) is that 100 DPI will produce a quality image when printed, although I'm sure there are people out there who swear by no less than 200 or 300, but I guess it's all personal preference.

Basically it works like this: 100 DPI is 100 Dots Per Inch, so that when printed, 100 Dots (or pixels in this case) will be squeezed into 1 inch of space on the paper. Every 100 pixels in the image is equivalent to 1 inch of space on paper. So in the case of your image which is 1912x2475 pixels, at 100 DPI it would be printed to a size of 19.12" x 24.75" (just divide the image width and height by 100 and that will tell you how many inches it will be when printed).

200 DPI (and anything else for that matter) is the same thing, but you have to divide by 200, which would result in a print that is smaller.

Does this help? I'm usually not that great at explaining things in words and usually just do it in pictures instead, hah. To put it simple, if you're content with a (roughly) 19" x 24 3/4" printout, that picture would be just fine then.

If you do print it, make sure that the image is 100 DPI, most imaging programs will let you change the DPI, so if it's not, you should be able to just change it.

I understood everything up until the part where you said that the image had to be 100 DPI.

Right now the image is 72 DPI and Irfanview tells me that translates to 67x87 cm which would only need a bit of cropping to fit a A1 poster, is there a special reason it has to be 100 DPI, and if so why are the other posters here in 200 DPI?

Archived