Home

LucasCast: Episode 0

Jeff

How do you rate this episode of LucasCast?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode of LucasCast?

• 5 - Excellent!
    • 4 - It was very good.
    • 3 - It's okay.
    • 2 - You guys can do a lot better.
    • 1 - It sucked!

lucascast_threadtitle.png

Episode 0 is our test recording which we did before any LucasCast episodes were released to get comfortable with each other and practice for the real thing, and is being released to you guys as a bonus episode while you're waiting for our next release. We discuss what games we have been playing lately, what games we are looking forward to most, the first videogames we’ve ever played, and the future of LucasCast.

Record date: 9 February 2009

Download page: http://www.lucascast.com/episode-0/

Summary:

• Killzone 2
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • Pokemon
  • First videogames we’ve played

Extra information and resources:

This section contains spoilers. Please listen to the podcast episode before you view the hidden area.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Not this time, you're just going to have to find out what happened for yourself.

Oh and also, Rhett's connection dropped out halfway through this recording. Like the dedicated muppet he is, he recorded this test podcast while sitting in his car out the front of a Subway (the food place) using his laptop and leeching off someone elses Internet connection.

Comments:

Since this is our test episode it does not have a real structure and we pretty much talk about whatever, but we'd still love to hear your comments. And then as mentioned in our previous episode, if you have any questions you would like answered on a future episode of LucasCast send us an email to questions@lucascast.com or use our contact form on the website.

Hope you guys enjoy this bonus episode!

I liked this 'cast it was half serious business *insert niner pic* half extended blooper-reel, cool to see how you guys (and gal) got it started. Although I'm pretty sick of hearing about FIIIIVE already *glares at Lynk and Jeff* the other stuff was cool to listen to as well. Oh, after hearing just a little bit, you have to get Rhett-ski back to do some more, which I know you're already planning. Also, I don't know how some of you managed to remember the first game you played, thinking back myself, I can't remember mine. If I had to take a wild guess though, I'd say it was probably the Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. combined cartridge. Anyway good stuff, obviously it wasn't as polished as the actual first two episodes, but I still largely enjoyed listening to it. I used it to replace Galaxy News Radio while I played Fallout 3 XD.

(oh embarrassing mav fact - my Pokemon Diamond Pokedex currently sits at 491/493)

It WAS the original plan, and we are sticking to it. Rhett's profile has been posted on cast section of LucasCast.com.

I saw... He should be in the next episode, as long as he's not using someone else's internet... And he needs to put pants on. :xp:

:xp:

Podcast was good, guys. I wouldn't mind seeing it come out on a weekly basis in the future, rather than every 2 ;)

_EW_

That was suggested to us, but will not happen for a few reasons.

1. We all have jobs and school and what not, so we have to juggle our lives around the podcast. Kind of difficult.

2. Since LucasArts only puts out two freaking games a year, we have to stretch our material out as it is. Weekly would put a strain on content, big time.

3. There is a long process that involves a certain Asian having to sift through all of our bull****, and salvage what is good to make a good cohesive podcast. The process can take a few days, or up to a week considering how many screw ups we have. If we ran weekly, it would be like a full time job.

Ya never know, if technology catches up with us....or somebody starts paying us a decent salary to do this all the time, weekly, or even daily would be great, but for now, we will have to stick with every other week.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming boys and girls!

Archived