Home

Filefront no longer 'indefinitely suspended'

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JOKE. THEY JOKE.

this is simply a brilliant productivity increasing stunt to devised by some corporate bigwig's neglected crackpot son to garner love from his failure of a father.

no, seriously, after i recovered from the initial shock... March 30: APRIL FOOLS.

I have now downloaded ALL the K1 mods, and have them safely backed up.

I'm about to start helping DI with the TSL section.

but in the case that this was rather masterminded by the crackpot son as a means of ultimate revenge for the neglect from his father,

THEN WE LOVE YOU, FETT AND DI

thank god we have people like Marius...and im sure every modder out there will with no doubt mind have there mods hosted at another site. But you still might need permission?

idk.

I hope this is just another april fools joke..although if it is...ill be pretty ****ing pissed...

thank god we have people like Marius...and im sure every modder out there will with no doubt mind have there mods hosted at another site. But you still might need permission?

idk.

There is a big issue with permissions, with regards putting mods on new or existing sites; it would need the modders permission, most modders will I would of though done what I did, which is host your mods at multiple places...

Marius, DI, what about the great reviews? are they going to be saved?

Nope.

Just to remind everyone if my sig didn't give it a way that I'm K-Files staff too ;)

Look at comment number 61-69 here: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/potd/77588x#1750044

We're saved!

If your talking about your site; No offence, but this really raises a lot of questions... Firstly to my mind, I don't really know you from adam, so while I'm sure your intentions are honourable, how does the community know you can be trusted with modders work? What experience have you got of running a website? Especially a file hosting one? What mod archives do you have? What is your bandwidth limit and the amount of data you can host? What is your website policy regarding permissions, theft of work etc?

There are already discussions behind the scenes about existing and new sites among those who have all the above, that is all I can say for now.

JOKE. THEY JOKE.

this is simply a brilliant productivity increasing stunt to devised by some corporate bigwig's neglected crackpot son to garner love from his failure of a father.

no, seriously, after i recovered from the initial shock... March 30: APRIL FOOLS.

but in the case that this was rather masterminded by the crackpot son as a means of ultimate revenge for the neglect from his father,

THEN WE LOVE YOU, FETT AND DI

Not impressed, swbf files did this already last year

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/news/April_Fools_SWBF_Files_closes;37936

They could at least come up with an original idea

I sure hope this isn't some cruel April Fools Joke (considering the date it goes down is March 30th, it might not be.)

In lieu of saying mean things to all of you, I'll just let you know that March 30th is not, in any country, April Fools.

Maybe if it was March 31st? Or April 1st? But not March 30th.

_EW_

Also I wanted to tell everyone that if it was an April Fool's joke, it is one from the bigwigs of Ziff Davis, and not from our local Kfiles staff.

I've been talking more to our staff - they should have all the files backed up within the next few hours. If it was a joke, I wouldn't be seeing people like MF, DI, Devon, and J7 scurrying about downloading from Kfiles sections at a time.

_EW_

I really don't think there would be a problem if we put all the old files back up on whatever new site we'll use. Just call it KOTOR Files, have the same staff, and everything's the same except for the host. It's not like taking it from PC Game Mods and putting it to KOTOR Files.

Also, I'd advise everyone to leave the creation/management of the new main site to the professionals.

Archived