Home

What are you watching/reading now?

Mav

This is the place where you post what you're currently watching, be it if the show is currently airing or if you're catching up with an older series or re-watching a favorite. You can also tell us all about what manga you're reading/following. I'll start it off.

Right now I'm watching...

• K-ON! - currently airing, full of loli goodness :p
  • Valkyria Chronicles - currently airing, pretty good anime adaption of a great game, so far, love the ED
  • Cowboy Bebop - Re-watching because it's awesome, I just watched "Cowboy Funk" last night.
  • Last Exile - Re-watching, but with the English VA's this time because Lynk says they're awesome, just got my DVDs not too long ago too.

Right now I'm reading...

• Naruto Shippuden - I really liked the whole fight with Pain, but now it's doing a boring backstory type thing xD
  • Bleach - Bleach got kind of stupid for a few chapters, but it looks like it's getting back on track.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big manga reader. I'd like to catch up on Bleach, but I'm so far behind and been too busy to catch up.

As for what I'm watching, really only K-ON! right now. I'm liking it pretty well so far, made me laugh quite a bit. I also like both the OP and ED, especially the ED, I forgot to check if they were released yet on CD but I want to say they are, I'll have to get those.

I haven't even bothered watching the last couple episodes of Bleach because it's on really bad fillers, but once those get over with I will pick it back up again.

The only thing I'm watching right now is G-Gundam. Great series in my opinion, plenty of explosions.

What I'm reading...

Naruto Shippuden - I loved the begining of Naruto Vs Pain, but like Maverick said, it's just boring flashbacks now.

One Piece - Still packed with action and stretchy goodness.

Naruto (pre-timeskip.) - Cathing up with this one because of the classic fights and the action.

Those who frequent the "Who Likes Anime" thread back in Ahto already know this, but what the heck, I'll repeat it one more time...

Currently watching Naruto Shippuuden and Bleach. Just two more episodes until Shippuuden's Three-tails filler arc ends and the manga adaptation continues - Yippeeee!!!

As for Bleach, the "Turn back the pendulum" adaptation ended a few weeks ago, so now the main event is on!

Right now, I am watching:

Bleach

Blood+

Pokémon

I am reading Chibi Vampire.

Might I suggest to everyone a website called My Anime List? Here you can organize all of your anime and manga into categories, like "watching" or "completed" or "plan to watch." You can also rate the anime and stuff too. Here's mine for an example.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Dattebayo fansubs picked-up 07 Ghost since they dropped Shippuden, so I watched the first episode of that, and it seems interesting so far, so I'll probably sort of try to keep up with that.

Currently, I am not watching any particular show, but lately, I have been watching many of the Studio Ghibli films. So far, this week, I have watched some of their classics, such as: My Neighbor Totoro, The Cat Returns, and Porco Rosso. And then I watched Steamboy, but that is not quite Studio Ghibli, but it's good:D

My two favourite Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. If they did a sequel or a series to Spirited Away, I think that would be great.

Oy! Those two are some of Ghibli's best!:D Yeah, I agree, a sequel would be awesome, they created such an amzing story, plot, and setting:D All in all, that film was excellent:D The same for Howl's Moving Castle:D

Currently just watching the new episodes of FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Only anime I've seen lately is the movie Vexille. Great soundtrack, excellent mix of animation and CGI, good story and highly recommended.

Ah, but how's the ending? That's where so many animes fall through (imo)...

Watching: Eureka Seven, Bleach

Reading: Vampire Hunter D 1&2

...if this counts: Playing MegaMan Zero...when I have time

EDIT: OH yeah... Fred's...total play off of Fender...I should know, as I have seen that brand...From that one show with the psycho chick with pink hair and guitar--and that boy with the forehead think going on...or am I tihnking of another anime?

I actually have a Fender Squire Precision Bass. Good times, back in the day. Wasn't cut out for the music biz tho. Play'd Black Sabbath and M4n50n riffs. Some Slipknot.

Thanks for the recommendation, leXX! Vexille was an enjoyable watch - the animation was very good and some of the scenes were almost jaw-dropping. The dub wasn't too shabby, either. I would agree that it had a good ending.

Why is it that anime movies often have satisfying endings, but anime series so often don't?

Archived