Home

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Details pls. I'm still very apprehensive about seeing this movie. Which ending did it have? I've heard multiple endings will be shown depending where you go - which is very off-putting to me and an epically underhanded cash grab in and of itself.

There are 2 endings. But there not the real "ending" nor is it alternative. They are just scenes after the credits. They are:

Following the credits, one a few scenes will play:

Weapon XI's blade returns to his arm, and he picks up his head.

Wolverine is in a Japanese bar, drinking heavily to "remember."

And yes one is shown in different places.

Ehh I thought it was alright, fun to watch, but not really a The Dark Knight or even Iron Man or anything. Hugh Jackman was great and the guy who played Sabretooth was awesome by default of course, but I'll never forgive them for screwing up Deadpool.

I'm looking forward to this one, I wonder how they're going to do Deadpool, whether he's going to break the fourth wall or what. :)

well, i saw the movie last night.

First impression: good movie with a couple of quirks that hold it back.

The good: the action sequences are great, and the acting from Jackman and Schreiber is excellent. Patrick Stewart makes a cameo.

The bad: so-so performances from the supporting cast didn't help much.

The ugly: the storyline was a bit too predictable aside from one or two minor twists that don't really have a major effect.

Overall: worth a trip to the theater, but make it a matinee instead. 7/10

As another poster said, more eye-candy. Was WAY too fastpaced IMO - I think they didn't give enough background on Gambit - IMO he is a character that could have a lot of potential

I had no idea Sabretooth was his brother though. And the way he lost his memory was interesting but too simple in my opinion..

they deviated WAY too much from the comics.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Sabretooth and Wolverine never ran away together to fight side by side in the Wars. They became enemies the instant James killed Victor's father. Plus Deadpool had ONLY a healing factor, that too taken from Wolverine. He was never a hybrid of many other mutants. And where the heck did Storm, Cyclops and Quicksilver come from? Magneto never lets his son out of his sight. How did Weapon Plus manage to capture Quicksilver?

But as a movie, it was kick-a$$. I definitely enjoyed the action in it.

Fairly good movie, worthy of how ever much it was I paid to see it.

The acting from Jackman and Schreiber were absolutely epic, and some awesome fight scenes.

The only real complaint I have is that Gambit was more of a cameo than anything else. I was hoping he'd play a large part in the movie but I was disappointed, though the guy that played him was very good.

But X-Men 2 is still the best one.

I -cannot- forgive them for ruining Deadpool. Ryan was perfect at the beginning of the movie, and how they managed to f that up is just infuriating.

Other than that, it was a nice eye candy movie. I liked the Sabretooth conflict and thought they should have stuck with that instead of going off on the many tangents that the movie attempted.

And, yet again, more mutants thrown in just to make the movie sparkle more.

Compared to the source material it's a shame it was so off-topic. The Weapon X, wolverine origins and so on stories are some of the best Marvel material and yet they still saw it fit to forget most of it. I liked what they did with Sabretooth, but everyone else was more cameo than anything.

But, despite the horrific crime of messing with Deadpool, it was a good action movie to start the summer off. Now, onto Star Trek and Terminator.

Considering that this movie was a prequel, and therefore already hard enough to make both good and setup the trilogy, I thought the movie was pretty good. I enjoyed the conflict between Wolverine and Sabretooth, and I thought the end resolution to it showed how different the two of them are. :)

The ending, IMHO, was lame.

There Wolverine is, walking happily with his girl, but then out of nowhere, BAM! He gets shot in the head, there went his memories.

I know that they needed to setup Wolverine's memory for the trilogy, but the ending was still lame. :p

There Wolverine is, walking happily with his girl, but then out of nowhere, BAM! He gets shot in the head, there went his memories.

:p

I could actually bear that, what didn't make sense at all was

If a man with an adamantium skeleton and a regenerative factor is shot by an adamantium bullet, by what logical reasoning is he guaranteed to lose his memory?

Archived