Home

Monkey Island: Special Edition OFFICIAL!

spiralout

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll have gone in and changed the code though, of course. Every new SCUMM game improved upon the previous one to some extent. I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to run the SE in ScummVM, for example. (Not that you'd need to...)

They'll have gone in and changed the code though, of course. Every new SCUMM game improved upon the previous one to some extent. I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to run the SE in ScummVM, for example. (Not that you'd need to...)

I'll bet we could modify the code and files a little to get running in ScummVM. If it's running on Scumm then it's using the ScummVM file formats which we would only need to decrypt, then we could import the new audio files in to ScummVM for instance.

I'll bet we could modify the code and files a little to get running in ScummVM. If it's running on Scumm then it's using the ScummVM file formats which we would only need to decrypt, then we could import the new audio files in to ScummVM for instance.
Do not fear, it will be looked at as soon as it is released :p

I've got this on my radar too. I'll be poking around MISE when it comes out. Another explorer tool is a possibility and if its feasible (and the hair is genuinely bad) I'll be looking into a "hair patch".

I'll be posting about any progress on the SCUMM subforum. Hopefully others will too.

Sometimes it's fun to search through your own old posts:

I wish they would re-release MI1 and MI2 with full speech... I mean, they shouldn't change the game itself, or the graphics. Just let Dominic Armato give Guybrush his perfect voice again...

I'm sure Dominic would be up to it...

Heh... it took only 7 years.

Now I wish for 10.000.000 $

Okay, see you in 7 years, suckers!!!

Edit: Gee, there's more... looks like I was FULL of IDEAS back then:

All right, maybe we should just ASK it all the time, until it comes true: "Do MI1 and MI2 have full speech?"...

Or we "simply" start a petition and send it Dominic Armato... he isn't doing anything "Monkey Island"-ish right now, so he should step up, and do it for free! C'mon, Dom... how much money does a man need??

Or we call Dom all the time, tricking him into saying every single line of dialogue we need for the two games (of course just as part of some small talk), recording all of it... and then we bribe some officials at LucasArts (with money collected for the MI-charity) to hand out the uncompiled source code for the games... and then we kidnap some competent computer geek (but not me) to implement the recorded dialogue into the games, selling it, earning millions, getting sued for half of it, and still having the other half to celebrate in huge orgies at our mansions, built after the design of Edison-mansion...

It is almost too easy.

And I want $ 1.000.000 for playing the adventure games very often. Dott every week. Since I´ve got the English version on Xmas 2006 (or was it 2007?). Every Sunday if I´m not on vacation. The English voice acting is cool! The German is bad. :D It´s my favorite adventure game.

Say what you want. :D I know it´s sick. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's just a rumour, I just know I saw steam mentioned quite often on the telltale-forums (or maybe somewhere on these forums, don't remember) when there was talking about the SE. So I just assumed it would be released through steam. If that's the case, I hope it's not the only way it's getting released. Would it be possible to alter it if it gets a Steam-release?

Would it be possible to alter it if it gets a Steam-release?

I think/hope so, most third-party games are not packed differently on Steam, they are basically the same as retail but within the Steam folder.

Looks like you were right, and I'm glad about that.

"The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition will be made available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade

for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC via

Steam and other online distribution channels."

Hm, now it looks like the game will be released on Steam. I don't know anything about Steam, but I guess this will make it a lot more difficult to tinker with, right?

Not in terms of an extractor/viewer tool. In terms of an editing tool - I dont know. I dont think Steam games do checksum checks on the datafiles or anything like that, but I could easily be wrong.

Pricing for Monkey island: SE anyone?

Personally I'm hoping for 1200 ms points or less. (£10/$15ish)

It's totally worth more than that, but at the moment I only have 2400 ms points, and I'm reserving the rest for Marvel VS. Capcom 2!

Seriously though, now that I compare Sam and Max (completed, love it btw) to Monkey Island it better not be 1600+, as it nowhere near offers the same amount of content that offered. BTW I'm not b****ing that it's too expensive I just hate purchasing ms points, and I would want both on without any hassle.

It's just difficult putting piority on 2 of my most favourite games :-( What do you, Mojo'ers think? ;)

Archived