Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything that makes it look more like an ancient Sith Academy.

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but what are your plans for the interior?

Nothing yet. The plan is to release the surface first, then I might look at the inside of the academy. Depends if I can resist my plan for a heavy Sith armour with helmet plan :lol:

And the idea to model a full new head. To see if that works.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, about time I posted an update in this thread.

Lately all my modding time has crept into my Nar Shaddaa project.

Things have moved nicely along. The latest area is now almost fully textured.

And I've been rendering a small movie that flies through the model to show some bits and bobs.

Though this takes time ofcourse. And to appease your thirst here's a few snapshots from said area model!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

movie_Shot01.jpg

movie_Shot02.jpg

movie_Shot03.jpg

New_Street_25.jpg

New_Street_26.jpg

Taking a break from all the rendering. Started to work on a new helmet, this time it's for the Sith warriors. Just like the crest helmet its a bit 'whack'. I'll do a new Bandon reskin aswell to match with the helmet.

I did a couple of sketches and like the 'straight line' idea. Though it looks nice on the side it's a bit more odd on front :p

But I like it so far. It leaves place for ornamentation, thinking of a daemonic visage, baroque style or something.

Sith_Helm01_zps8058ed2d.jpeg

Sith_Helm02_zps0a1be245.jpeg

Sith_Helm03_zps9ac39a0f.jpeg

Feel free to comment!

Pfff, for some reason, the contrast gets killed by windows live movie maker.

And youtubes fix doesn't seemed to work;only made it fuzzier... *sigh*

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

EDIT:

Messed around some more with the video thing. Can't say if it looks any better?

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Looks good Q! I think the area needs the little extras...like the occasional street light, or overhead billboard or overhead pipes connecting some buildings, or maybe a periodic grate floor panel with steam or underground pipes.

On your new Sith helmet...I don't know..how about adding some horns or something like Marka Ragnos...give it some flare.

Looks good Q! I think the area needs the little extras...like the occasional street light, or overhead billboard or overhead pipes connecting some buildings, or maybe a periodic grate floor panel with steam or underground pipes.

Those will be added; I've got little street kiosks, billboards and other techy pipe things ready to be placed.

My own work method is to first fully model the area at large. Then go back and add in the details ;)

On your new Sith helmet...I don't know..how about adding some horns or something like Marka Ragnos...give it some flare.

Mmm, I'll see what that might look like. Was going for a pure bucket look though :lol:

Spend a little time on the helmet. Had another idea about the colors.

Now I just need to tweak the layering of the plates.

Like the shapes, but feel that I need to break them up a little more. Might add in little bolts.

Prevzer01_zps693e9f92.jpg

Prevzer02_zpsc2c49f33.jpg

• 6 months later...

Looks like the modding gods are with me these last few days.

I did another test run on my Nar Shaddaa street area. The first part looks ok, only one mesh is being an *ss; but that's mighty fine, I expected a lot more troubles.

Hopefully all the other parts that make this new area will be as cooperative.

Now for some screenshots, mind it the lighting is now set to be very bright. It's easier to spot mistakes, it'll be turned down in the end ;)

QNarStr03_zpscb600bb3.jpg

QNarStr04_zps3d4413cc.jpg

QNarStr05_zps5b0d2e53.jpg

QNarStr06_zpsc1c238aa.jpg

More news on the Nar Shaddaa street area. Added more parts into the game.

All is going pretty wel so far. Just a few little bugs to solve.

Now it's just making it look a bit dirtier and more cluttered. It's Nar Shaddaa after all. And setting up a more fitting lighting to match the scene.

Here's how things look so far.

Q2NarStr10_zpsdb852b4e.jpg

Q2NarStr03_zpse6f48423.jpg

Q2NarStr06_zpsbf5ba6ca.jpg

Q2NarStr08_zpsa24e52c9.jpg

Archived