Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

Maybe you should switch the white and gray and compare the two helmets.

I'll see if I can manage that. To be honest; I'm somewhat sloppy in photoshop so it might turn out to be a bit to much work to switch the colours just like that.

Now it actually looks like plate metal with a design painted on it :thumbsup:. The face doesn't look quite like embossed metal, but the tiger stripes down the fin DO look like they are recessed down and filled with paint. Maybe it's because the face plate is convex (and pushed out), so the only thing that looks recessed is the eye slit. Once you've settled on a design, maybe you could model the embossing into 3D?

Yeah, I used the same effects though on the crest and facial plate. But doesn't seem to work that well. I guess I might have to play around with light shadows to make it more 'pop' down/ up :confused:

Well it needs some more work :)

As for the face design, it looks like it has a nose (it's a bit comical to me), and the black on white around the eyes looks a bit too much like Kiss face paint in my mind.

:lol: Kiss? Oh dear!

Hahaha, it's always suprising how something turns out differantly when it gets mirrored.

That looks amazing, Q! :)

...Is there any way to make the visor part glow/pulsate?:D

The visor is a second seperate texture; so, yes it will glow in the game. Pulsating no sure if I can pull that off properly.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The visor is a second seperate texture; so, yes it will glow in the game. Pulsating no sure if I can pull that off properly.

Admittedly my knowledge in texturing is somewhat rusty, but...

It seems to me that you can use the .txi on the visor texture to animate it, and then have the texture cycle between "good glow" and "subdued glow". This of course depends on how you're making the visor glow in the first place(lights, texturing, alpha layer, .etc)...

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to me that you can use the .txi on the visor texture to animate it, and then have the texture cycle between "good glow" and "subdued glow". This of course depends on how you're making the visor glow in the first place(lights, texturing, alpha layer, .etc)...

Yes, but the animation loop is quiete fast or you would need a big texture; with many frames to slow it down. It would look like a strobe light instead of a sturdy pulse.

Anyways, the helmet is a bit on a rest; I had some lightsaber hilts floating about. Felt like it was time to give them a texture.

Here's how things look so far. Mind work on the middle one has just started. Saber on the left and right I consider done. Just need to pick a blade colour and do the exporting part. Plus setting up an item file ofcourse. Oh, and place them somewhere in the game.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Prev_Sabs01_zps6c1eb466.jpg

Prev_Sabs02_zps850cad4f.jpg

Prev_Sabs04_zps57872a54.jpg

Prev_Sabs03_zpse5c4a442.jpg

Yes, but the animation loop is quiete fast or you would need a big texture; with many frames to slow it down. It would look like a strobe light instead of a sturdy pulse.

All I'm gonna say is that the fps setting in the .txi can take decimals less than one...

For example, the .txi for the first dantooine animated skybox had the fps at something close to 0.00334598374 frames per second, which resulted in about a minute to a minute and a half between the frames...

• 2 weeks later...
All I'm gonna say is that the fps setting in the .txi can take decimals less than one...

For example, the .txi for the first dantooine animated skybox had the fps at something close to 0.00334598374 frames per second, which resulted in about a minute to a minute and a half between the frames...

:headbump: Now I feel absolutely like an idiot :headbump:

I've done animated textures before with an TXI file. I was certain I'dd seen it all there was to see about the TXI thing... Ah, well, just shows an old dog CAN learn new tricks.

Big thanks for that insight Fair Strides :D

Have a slow steady progress on the saberhilts. Last one is nearing completion, skin/ texture wise. Almost done. Then I need to setup the UTI files; give each an unique story and 'powers'. And figure out how I should sprinkle them throughout the game for players to find.

Pictures!

Show spoiler

Prev_sbber3a_zps2e0ce05b.jpg

Prev_sbber3b_zpsb8a94752.jpg

Then I need to setup the UTI files; give each an unique story and 'powers'. And figure out how I should sprinkle them throughout the game for players to find.

Or offer the lightsabers to folks with large scale mods and let them find a place for your sabers? I think I know a certain twi'lek that your new saber would work well with. . .

:headbump: Now I feel absolutely like an idiot :headbump:

I've done animated textures before with an TXI file. I was certain I'dd seen it all there was to see about the TXI thing... Ah, well, just shows an old dog CAN learn new tricks.

Big thanks for that insight Fair Strides :D

To be fair, it was one of those things you have to try, all the while thinking "This is never gonna work!". Malkior had asked how I had intended to animate the skyboxes. I then mentioned TXIs and he posted on here about animating textures. This prompted either Prime, Disbeliever, or some other rare modder to post the info and it got added as a tutorial.

I threw the number of frames into the calculator, divided by the time interval involved, and then threw the number into the txi file. I was not sure if it would even work...

• 3 weeks later...

So I've got my hilts working in the game. And I've already setup the placeables where the hilts will be found. I've been peeking at the scripts, but I'm a bit at a loss where I should let my spawning scripts fire. And how I should use the TSL patcher to include my scripts without breaking everybodies game, who uses my mod...

Any tips are welcome. :D

Another tiny update. The lightsaber hilt pack is almost ready to ship out ^_^

Had to relearn on how to spawn objects into the game via dialogues.

I've picked most dialogues that start automaticly, though the hilts won't appear in the inventory magicaly.

You'll have to look around the area a bit.

Planets where one of the hilts can be found:

-Taris

-Dantooine

-Tatooine

I'll add a small spoiler section to the readme, also for compatibility issues; which npcs dialogues where edited.

If all goes well, tonight ( my local time ;) ) or tomorrow the mod will be up for download.

Héh, thanks Marius!

Okay, another tiny update for today. Scripting and testing has finished. Everything works, yahoo! Though to give it a real polished finish, I'll be using the TSL patcher. Perhaps for such a simple mod it's not really required. But it's just that much easier for the you guys, the users :)

Plus I've got learn this stuff!

Anyway, here's a peek at those 4 saberhilts:

Show spoiler

Preview_Pack.jpg

Gorgeous stuff! It is a pity that these hilts won't be in VP's package.

Or am I completely wrong about that?

Here's a post from early in VP's thread:

Here's a preview for my part of the mod, modelwise. Not as highpoly as above and differant; but that's a good thing isn't it? ;)

Show spoiler

ibk5.jpg

They do look much nicer now that they've been skinned. Excellent job as always Quanon :thumbsup:. How do they look in-game?

Looks excellent, Q! Really looking forward to the release. :D

Gorgeous stuff! It is a pity that these hilts won't be in VP's package.

Or am I completely wrong about that?

I thought VP dumped the idea using these hilts? :confused:

Must have misread that in his WIP thread.

^Not that it really matters (in regards for them being in "USM2") but these sabers are for K1.

Yes, atm, these are for K1 only. Though I see no problem in passing along my files to VP. It's not much work to make these models work in TSL.

They do look much nicer now that they've been skinned. Excellent job as always Quanon :thumbsup:. How do they look in-game?

I still need to do some proper shots of the hilts in the game.

I did make these quickshots:

Show spoiler

Lily of Felucia and The Righteous Hand hilt:

Prev_Game_zps805641a8.jpg

Sceptre of Conthu:

Prev_Game2_zps13fc2c8d.jpg

ITS OUT!

CLICK ME

Helmet that puts Knight into Jedi Knight >:D

Show spoiler

V2prev4_zps5def98a6.jpg

V2prev3_zps0bb1b5a3.jpg

V2prev2_zpsf1d4b6bb.jpg

V2prev_zps7ac14ab8.jpg

Nice! Good work. Not to be lame, but is there any chance you'd release such a helmet with a somewhat blander texture (that blends in a bit more)?

Nice! Good work. Not to be lame, but is there any chance you'd release such a helmet with a somewhat blander texture (that blends in a bit more)?

I'll see what I can do for a second skin for this helmet. Less ornamentation.

I assume you want it more 'basic' looking. With bolts on and just metal or plastic looking. Rather then all this 'pomp'.

I like it, it seems like a jedi guardian in a time of vast war would wear it, I don't know thats just the vibe i get from it

Looks good, Q! :)

That helmet looks awesome. Good stuff!

Hilts look fan-flippin-tastic in-game.

Thanks for all the praise guys! :)

Your helmet continues to improve :D

I've decided it's finished. I won't touch the texture anymore. I've messed around with it enough so far.

And testing has thrown up an annoying problem I've had before. It's to dark. Somehow the color of the mesh mixes with the texture. Not nice. And I can't remember how I fixed this sort of thing in the past.

I've altered the diffuse and ambient settings in the ASCII file of my model to white before compiling. Thought it would have profound effects in the game, but no. I even kicked out the Alpha channel.

So far this is how it looks in game: On far left and right; the bling effect is 'on', though I had to rotate the camera to make my texture pop up. Else it's all blurry dark. No details.

Center is the result of switching of the bling effect; you see the texture but it's waaaaay to dark. Plus an odd red tint to it aswell :confused:

Show spoiler

Prev_Ingame_zpsb4e4a769.jpg

Archived