Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC, you can change the mesh colour in the material tab, can't you?

Yes, I thought so to, but the diffuse and ambient had the usual standard grey. Which never posed a problem before. Though I had a tiny clue in how my wireframe was colored.

I had to check out the Objectproperties, it was set on bright blue. Changed it to grey. Then had a new export and compile session. I also warped to the unkown world/ Rakatan planet.

The lighting there is more neutral, Tatooine is very yellow and orange. The result was very differant then a few hours ago.

I then set my eyes on the Alpha channel and the shiny 'bling' effect. It looks much better now!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Prev_Ingame2_zps156f16af.jpg

Now to just fix a few minor faults in the skin. And also creating a better master PSD file. It might be interesting to do a few more color variants.

Allthough, perhaps I should focus on the Bandon armour first. Have to relearn the 2DA editing thing. IIRC there was a limit on the number of possible armours. Something the disguise thing could circumvate.

Great job!

What I see here is the mask of a new faction of Mandalorians.

These could be a group who aim to create a new era for their people.

There is a lot you can play with- wither you use it for kotor1 or kotor2.

Kotor1- these new clan is growing in power.

Kotor2- You see them challenge Canderous's right to be Mandalore

=)

I love it, is the just for k 1 or will it be for tsl as well later down the line?

K1 release is first. Though it would be a bit daft to not release it for TSL.

I might take another armour type to match it with in TSL though.

Great job!

What I see here is the mask of a new faction of Mandalorians.

=)

It's not Mandalorian in my eyes. Jedi only ;)

But as with many of my mods I don't see an issue with people altering it and making something new out of it.

Wow - looks a lot better in-game now, Q! But it seems a little dark, IMO; perhaps try changing grey to white?

wasn't it on this page? #373 and #374

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2792860

Yeah, it still needs a little tweaking. It's funny though, my latest lightsaber hilts had no issue with this grey/ white thing. They looked okay from the start. Oh well, it's Kotor modding, you can't predict what you'll get in the game :lol:

Thx for the link RedRob, I couldn't remember having the same issue with those masks for J7. Oy, my memory it's a black hole.

I think it looks better on left and right.

Those screenshots are from the same game session of the same mask model. It's just differant camera angles and the lighting :lol:

Does show how deceiving it can be.

Work continues on the Jedi helmet and armour set.

I've joined forcer with Marius Fett to get this set in the game. Marius will do the honor of setting up the TSLpatcher and the 2DA files.

Instead of replacing an armour, this will work as a disguise. Just like the Sith armour and Tusken Raider thing from K1.

Though to make it work I had to melt my helmet model with a head model. Asian Nr 3, the bald one is exellent for this.

Had to do some Hex editing and other dark magics to get it to work in game. No fear, that asian head isn't lost as an option for the player.

Hopefully I'll get an update from Marius soon ^_^

Plus, the helmet will still be a seperate headgear option aswell, so it isn't tied to only this Bandon armour. I like giving options to the users of my mods.

EDIT: I dabbled some more with thise ambient and diffuse options for the helmet. It's a very odd affair. I did various tests, even altered my alpha channels in the TGA file; just to make sure the 'bling' effect wasn't to strong. All I can say; the look of the helmet depends very much on the lighting of the area your exploring.

Tatooine desert gives a darker, more redisch look. While the Unknown world really clearly shows a crisp texture on the helmet. I just don't know why this has such an effect on my helmet. I"ve used the overriding of the AuroraTrimesh settings in Max. Double checked my ascii files. And yet, it isn't fully what I expected. :confused:

But anyway, I'll release the thing as is.

While I let Marius my pet slave... uh... :animelol: my dearest modding buddy work on the Jedi Armour thing; I shifted my attention to Malachor.

SithHolocron did a request once; to give the skybox some loving attention, as it's rather one of the more poorests in looks.

So here's the results I have so far:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Malach_Sky.jpg

Looks awesome but a little flat - kind of like the stones/jagged things are shadows projected onto a wall of fog.

I agree. While the clouds and rocks are crisp and beautifully rendered, there isn't any sense of depth. It looks like there's only one row of peaks (kinda like Godzilla's spine :lol:), and the clouds have closed in and hidden the horizon (and any other peaks that might be further away).

It's a really good start :D

Thanks for all the input :)

@Canderis: The rocks all get rendered at 800x600pix, takes about 4 to 5 minutes.

And I think 1024x1024 might be big enough for that texture. Ofcourse 2048x2048 allows more details, I'm not sure my PC can handle it to well.

I like to make the sky in one big file, then slice it up in 4. When I got those parts I'll do the top.

And I think 1024x1024 might be big enough for that texture. Of course 2048x2048 allows more details, I'm not sure my PC can handle it too well.

Well, even if you make 1024 x 1024 the "official release size", I'd love to get the larger size for personal use once it is done. (You know my email. ;))

Archived