Home

Your favourite Jane Austen work?

jonathan7

Which is your favourite Jane Austen Novel?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Jane Austen Novel?

• Northanger Abbey
    • Sense and Sensibility
    • Pride and Prejudice
    • Emma
    • Mansfield Park

For all those who love Jane Austen, what is your favourite book of hers?

Personally "Pride and Prejudice" is my favourite book to read, personally I think it the best book in terms of themes and comedy, it also has the best villain in Wickham. Though I love each of the books for different reasons; Sense and Sensibility has my favourite charachter in Colonel Brandon. Mansfield Park in many respects has perhaps the most interesting female lead in Fanny Price. Some of my friends, seem to think I'm Mr Knightly so I suppose its obligatory that I like Emma, and Northanger Abbey is wonderful, just for Miss Austen's amusing tangents in defence of novels...

So which is your favourite?

I have to go with Pride and Prejudice as my all time favorite Jane Austen, with Sense and Sensibility a close second. Or maybe Emma second. I've actually enjoyed all of her books; they are a lot of fun and a nice little escape for a few hours. :thmbup1:

The same cannot be said for Danielle Steele's books. :argh:

I'm sorry as well. While Austen's books do succeed in making films that are surprisingly watchable, her books make for excruciatingly dull reading.

prolly because her books aren't enjoyable and she's a few mediocre jokes away from being the danielle steel of her time??

Accurate, as well as funny. :lol:

Eh, Jane Austen's books, in my opinion, are a rare exception to the norm, in that they actually work better on stage or film than in text. Possibly because they are written very much like screenplay (well paced actions and speech, very little thoughts, feelings or description).

That said, I think I'm with Rogue Nine; Pride and Prejudice and Jombies is her best work. ;)

....Pride and Prejudice makes a -great- movie...

cmon sithy, what you're really trying to say here is that you want to eat a Colin Firth Manburger :p

Colin Firth as Mr D'Arcy ~ from the famous BBC Adaptation of P&P

ColinFirth.jpg

!!ouch my entire preceding post seems to have been devoured by zombies.. I didnt know referenced details were so dangerous ;)

mtfbwya

Archived