Home

Star Wars the Clone Wars (Official Thread)

@Endorenna and Gurges-Ahter:

I completely agree. The nicknames and attitude were a bit much in the movie, but they improved drastically over the course of the show. Now I'm excited whenever she's on.

I also don't think that the show is aimed towards children alone, considering all of the violent and dark things that happen.

Just watch Rookies and Brain Invaders.

JM

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, do you think the implied lesbian romance involving Ahsoka and Barriss was deliberate, or are people just getting the wrong idea?

Is this a joke? I never saw any implied lesbian romance at all.

Very stupid episode, IMO.

What was stupid about it? I can understand by not liking the fusion of horror with the SW universe, but as the story goes I thought it was pretty interesting.

Also, do you think the implied lesbian romance involving Ahsoka and Barriss was deliberate, or are people just getting the wrong idea?

I saw no lesbian implications.

Very stupid episode, IMO.

(shrug) I enjoyed it. The only part I really hated about that episode was the name. :lol:

I think you're possibly reading far too much into that. I haven't seen the episodes in question, but I can't see what is known to be a kid's show having an 'implied lesbian romance'.

I watch the show regularly as well and I do it mostly for the stories told. It really doesn't make a difference that it's mostly focused on a younger audience. I mean that should have been a clue to anyone since it is broadcasted on the Cartoon Network of all places.

I'm not going to say specially who, and not necessarily in this thread at all, but it would seem like shows that are more focused on a younger audience gets on other people's nerves as if they will be looked at as immature people if they like it, as if they won't be view as grownups if they admit they like a show like this one. So they nit pick at it to try to prove their maturity. I know that is something that would happen if you're a teenager when everybody is going through so many changes and most everybody is insecure about themselves, but we're you become grownups, you have to remember that most anybody who is secure in themselves won't care anymore.

I can actually go and watch a kids movie with some of my younger nieces and nephews and totally enjoy it. But that's me. Mostly because there is an innocence about it that you don't get in an adult show that is actually refreshing.

Truth

CW is awesome:thmbup1:

Some episodes rock (Destroy Meleavolance, Duel of the droids, Rookies, Voyage of temptation) and some get VERY boring after a while (Jedi Crash, Keepers of the Peace, Lightsaber Lost, The Rise of the Bounty Hunters). They have their moments, can be funny, and are sometimes very entertaining. I hoever believe that the live action show coming out next year will be better.

Archived