Home

Dragon Age 2

Pavlos

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how, exactly, are you going to bring Ferelden back from the brink of war? What kind of war--against the darkspawn? Again, the Grey Warden from Dragon Age: Origins is the one who defeats them and their High Dragon, not you (as Hawke).

I doubt DA2 will have anything to do with Ferelden. After all, it doesn't even take place in it - it takes place in the Free Marches, a completely different part of Thedas (north of Ferelden, I think). I don't mind the new area, nor do I mind a new protagonist. I do, however, mind the lack of different prologues (origin stories) and playable races, as well as the ME dialogue system. They say it's the same, just visually different, but that's only partly true. In Origins there were many instances where you could ask a question (the ME "investigate" group) and then be allowed to ask a series of additional questions related to that topic and get pretty long and detailed, not to mention interesting, answers. In DA2 it seems they eliminated this, as they did in ME, so you get to ask a few questions in the "investigate" section, but each question is related to a different topic and gets a rather short answer. :(

We can now learn what the stats are on most if not all of the bonus items.

Link

Edit: Just noticed that the first two DLCs are available on xbox live.

The Exiled Prince - 560

The black Emporium -800

I have no need to buy these as they come with the two copies of the game i ordered. :)

Edit2: Well, got my DA2 copies in my mail box not 30 minutes ago.

I have an odd problem though.

I have *two* online pass codes as there was one with each copy of the game i ordered.

What the heck should i do with the second one?

I suggest holding on to your second game code. Keep it in reserve, as it were. If that really rubs you the wrong way and you just have to get rid of it then I guess you could put it up for sale on Ebay or Craigslist.

I won't be playing Dragon Age 2 for at least another week due to failure of my main rig's power supply. At this point I'm just trying to get a sense of how many technical issues/bugs PC players are running into with DA 2.

Since I found the first game disappointing, as in it started out strong, only to devolve into monotonous garbage combat that involved fighting the same dozen darkspawn over and over and over again, I'll definitely be holding off on acquiring this game for a little while, at least.

Well, i can tell you one thing.

Bioware sure as hell learned a few things in skinning since DA1, pretty much everything has better skins than they tended to have in DA1.

I think it has something to do with reduced use of generic models, and a greater leaning towards unique ones. It's not just BioWare. Unique models generally look a lot better than generic models.

Hey, weren't you supposed to be able to change your gender as well with the 'Mirror of Transformation'?

Or did i just imagine reading that somewhere?

You probably just read that somewhere. Based on how both the mirror and player details are implemented, I don't see how it would work. Also, it could potentially break game stuff (even though all the proper romances are bi).

Would've been a bit cool if it could be done.

They could always cover it by a magical explosion of some kind? Then add a quest where Hawke searches for a 'reversal/cure'?

Given how you can use the Mirror as many times as you want, wouldn't it be a simple matter of using it again?

Something stupid is brewing on the Bioware forums. If you got a free five minutes you might take a look at it. All I can say about it is that it's some of the best entertainment I've had in along time and that we should all rush down.....as spectators. I'll go ahead and set up the bleachers and get the popcorn and vending machines set up.

edit-sorry, dragon age 2 general discussion. If you haven't gotten my opinion of the whole thing it is that you shouldn't get involved.

Bioware are, apparently, stamping out any and all criticism of ÐA2. In case anyone thinks this is simply a forum ban, you could also lose access to the game for it. Here's the original thread, replete with Bioware trained monkey Stanley Woo's copy-paste response (press 3 if you need help with making replies to other people).

Oh, and if you're still considering buying the game, then consider that EA included DRM without telling anyone, or mentioning it anywhere on the packaging, in the EULA, or on the website.

Avoid this game.

Bioware are, apparently, stamping out any and all criticism of ÐA2. In case anyone thinks this is simply a forum ban, you could also lose access to the game for it. Here's the original thread, replete with Bioware trained monkey Stanley Woo's copy-paste response (press 3 if you need help with making replies to other people).

Oh, and if you're still considering buying the game, then consider that EA included DRM without telling anyone, or mentioning it anywhere on the packaging, in the EULA, or on the website.

Avoid this game.

Yeah, I don't think that'd be unique to Dragon Age II, or even BioWare games. I'm guessing this is standard for EA. And while I agree with that posted who got banned, saying that on an EA-controlled forum probably wasn't the smartest thing he could have done.

There I agree with you. I'm just saying the blame should be on EA, not necessarily BioWare.

There are only so many things one can shift the blame to EA on before we have to acknowledge that the problems might lie with Bioware itself, at least in part.

We reached that point a while ago, IMO.

Edit: Been reading some of the threads related to the guy who can't play his game, and wow. Seriously, have Bioware/EA apologists lost any sense of perspective? I'm seeing people saying that the guy was vulgar, and comparing calling EA the devil on a forum to entering a store and beating the **** out of the manager, then being surprised at not being able to buy something. Of course, the fact that money had already been exchanged for a product, and that saying 'sold their soul to the EA devil' isn't even approaching vulgarity.

Edit #2: Apparently Bioware/EA oh-so-generously granted the man permission to play the game he payed for, and said that it was caused by a system error... yeah sure. After Stanley Woo straight up said that they could take away your games whenever they felt like it, that has to be one of the most obvious instances of post ****storm CYA lying.

I really really hate saying this, but Bioware's starting to remind me of what happened with Westwood, Origin, and Bullfrog.

There are only so many things one can shift the blame to EA on before we have to acknowledge that the problems might lie with Bioware itself, at least in part.

We reached that point a while ago, IMO.

Edit: Been reading some of the threads related to the guy who can't play his game, and wow. Seriously, have Bioware/EA apologists lost any sense of perspective? I'm seeing people saying that the guy was vulgar, and comparing calling EA the devil on a forum to entering a store and beating the **** out of the manager, then being surprised at not being able to buy something. Of course, the fact that money had already been exchanged for a product, and that saying 'sold their soul to the EA devil' isn't even approaching vulgarity.

Edit #2: Apparently Bioware/EA oh-so-generously granted the man permission to play the game he payed for, and said that it was caused by a system error... yeah sure. After Stanley Woo straight up said that they could take away your games whenever they felt like it, that has to be one of the most obvious instances of post ****storm CYA lying.

I really really hate saying this, but Bioware's starting to remind me of what happened with Westwood, Origin, and Bullfrog.

Turns out they've pulled the same crap, including the same retraction before...

Archived