Home

Dragon Age 2

Pavlos

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently the character will also have a fixed surname - Hawke. We'll be allowed to pick the gender though.

I sure hope I'll be able to enter a random store, endorse it by saying its my favorite shop in the entire city, and get a discount for it.

Im sorry...i got her name mispelled. Morlin, i think.....its the mage with the mother Flemeth...the woman of the wilds.....remember that deal at the end of DA:O ....your PC could make...dont want to say more since it would be a spoiler for people who have not played DA:O.

As long as we get to customize the appearance of our PC, then I honestly could care less about the fixed surname, or the discarding of origin stories.

Im sorry...i got her name mispelled. Morlin, i think.....its the mage with the mother Flemeth...the woman of the wilds.....remember that deal at the end of DA:O ....your PC could make...dont want to say more since it would be a spoiler for people who have not played DA:O.

Her name is Morrigan. ;)

Imagine if you are morin's the witch child.......thats why you are human....It would make the DA 2 fit as a sequel
Doesn't work

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
That would only make sense if Alistair, Loghain or a human male warden sleep with her. However, if your warden did not take her dark option or if your male warden took the option, but was an elf or dwarf your scenario would not fit the story line of Dragon Age.

hey got a crazy idea.....

Imagine if you are morin's the witch child.......thats why you are human....It would make the DA 2 fit as a sequel

That's not crazy at all. This is Bioware we're talking about, here, so I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be absolutely right. That whole dark ritual thing didn't happen for nothing.

Just the fact that you mentioned Morrigan has/could have a child was already a spoiler...

Doesn't work

Show spoiler
That would only make sense if Alistair, Loghain or a human male warden sleep with her. However, if your warden did not take her dark option or if your male warden took the option, but was an elf or dwarf your scenario would not fit the story line of Dragon Age.
Sure it could work, it would just mean BioWare would have to dictate which ending was "canon", sort of how TSL "canon" considers the Exile to be female.

Sure it could work, it would just mean BioWare would have to dictate which ending was "canon", sort of how TSL "canon" considers the Exile to be female.

You know my pet peeve about gaming company practices. If my decisions don’t mean anything, don’t give them to me.

Have you played DA:O?
Yes.
Yet, it is playable
Subjective, especially when it comes to The Game That Must Not Be Named. And really, I didn't cite gameplay as the issue; it's well and all in that realm.
and it does sell enough to make a sequel.
A chance at a sequel isn't indicative of the quality of the initial product. There's plenty of examples, both of good and bad games, which have defied your theory. But this is a whole other thread, really.

You know my pet peeve about gaming company practices. If my decisions don’t mean anything, don’t give them to me.

I know what you mean but i know how it can be resolved.

Below explains how it can work.

Spoiler warning

Show spoiler
The solution is if the PC did not agree to Morrigan's deal the Warden who died falling off the Dragon during the battle did agree to or was tricked/ Morrigan could have seduced him in another female form. So this allows you to have your choice matter. This also means that you could be part Elf or Dwarf but your main genetic appearance is shown as human do to your mother. Again all this depends on the time period they choose for DA 2 which could through this theory out if it takes place a hundred years after DA:O.

Logan

we'll only be able to play as a human in DA2

Apparently the character will also have a fixed surname - Hawke. We'll be allowed to pick the gender though.

So I would guess that we are in for a ME-style voiced PC then, hence why they canned other races. That would also fit with their claim that DA2 will be "more cinematic". Dialogue wheel here we come huh? Urgh.

Agreed, they're doing this to create a voiced PC and a two-way conversation system. I honestly couldn't care less since this Hawke fellow doesn't look so bad to start with. They're clearly bringing the game closer to ME2 based on the latter's success.

I hope some rich guy funds a giant robot dragon for me to go around and collect compatriots with, it will also have a fish tank and an intercom that I can use to ring up bitches to dance for me...

Agreed, they're doing this to create a voiced PC and a two-way conversation system. I honestly couldn't care less since this Hawke fellow doesn't look so bad to start with. They're clearly bringing the game closer to ME2 based on the latter's success.

Unfortunately I’ve just downloaded and started playing Leliana’s Song, and if it is any indications, then fully voiced PC does seem to be the direction the Dragon Age franchise is headed. :(

It obviously gets a better reception than the mute PC. New players can easily identify with a player who echoes what they chose rather than a mechanical choice-response-response-choice-response system.

Apart from that it was done in older RPGs, the non-voiced argument doesn't really have much backing behind it. Publishers are more willing to go that extra mile and pay for a fully-voiced PC than a mute reading-intensive system.

Also, cinematic experience.

If they must go wheel-style word-based choices, I hope they take Human Revolution's idea of blending both word-based and full-sentence options.

Haven't seen any concrete info on the dialog system, but rumor has it they'll use a combination of Awakening's and Origins' dialog systems.

As for why Hawke is human, it has also been confirmed on the official forums that he/she isn't Morrigan's child.

Regarding the Awakenings ending;

If you side with the Architect...which is a somewhat darkside choice, he will remove the 'connection' between blights and old gods, effectively making sure no Archdemon will rise in the future

Anyway, still looking forward to this!

Archived