Home

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5

Nedak

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't describe the demographic, but I found one person that seems to like them.

Dragon Rage Abounds In Live-Action Skyrim Trailer

Not really sure the live action trailer is designed to introduce someone to Skyrim and then influence them to buy. It seems to me designed to push those that already looking at Skyrim to purchase it. Get a buzz for the word of mouth campaign too.

Does that include the cinematics for TOR when you ask that?
Don't know enough about TOR to say.

I can't describe the demographic, but I found one person that seems to like them.

Dragon Rage Abounds In Live-Action Skyrim Trailer

Not really sure the live action trailer is designed to introduce someone to Skyrim and then influence them to buy. It seems to me designed to push those that already looking at Skyrim to purchase it. Get a buzz for the word of mouth campaign too.

I'm hoping this is a phase.

CG is CG, not live action. The TOR trailers are a long way from photo-realistic. And as far as the "cartoony crap" goes, the in-game Malgus looks pretty damn good, the in-game Satele Shan and scarface trooper guy less so, but still recognisable. There's less disconnect between the two extremes. A live action trailer for a game is just weird. I felt the same way about the ME3 live action news report trailer.

@topic; the Graphics are looking really good for Skyrim, though not sure how well my current rig would handle it these days!

Funny you should say that.

Skyrim system requirements announced

Skyrim’s launch is less than three weeks away!! To help you prepare for the game’s release, here’s the recommended and minimum PC requirements.

Recommended PC Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

4GB System RAM

6GB free HDD space

DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).

DirectX compatible sound card

Internet access for Steam activation

Minimum PC Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)

Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor

2GB System RAM

7GB free HDD Space

Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM

Internet access for Steam activation

EDIT:

IGN posted an update

Hines gave some additional context for the hardware requirements in follow up posts. "The Min specs get you playing. The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra. You'll want beefier rig for that."

Minimum Hardware Requirements:

CPU: Dual Core

RAM: 2GB

GPU: DX9c video card w/ 512MB RAM

Internet Access for Steam activation

Recommended Hardware Requirements:

CPU: Quad-Core Intel/AMD CPU

RAM: 4GB

GPU: DX9 vid card w/ 1 GB. GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher

Internet Access for Steam activation

How to be a complete bastard in Skyrim :lol:

And so, the tale of the Argonian warrior Toxic, foe to all that is friendly, erupted. I left the cave, set off into the forests with an echoing roar, fell down a waterfall and died. The water in this game looks terrific, by the way - multiple layers of froth and foam collapsing together like sheathes of lace-edged paper, spilling between planes of rock. Reborn and undeterred, I followed the path instead...

Amusing review/story similar to the last one I posted. No spoilers. tl;dr warning for those not in to words.

Part I

Part II

Part III

I guess he's talking about the CG trailers. I definitely think they fall into this realm since they look nothing like TOR's cartoony crap.
Correct. I know they aren't live action, but the point is there not too far off in appearance, and look completely different than what the game looks like.

...I left the cave, set off into the forests with an echoing roar, fell down a waterfall and died.

LOL. I need to read this thing now :p

And then get this game. That I won't be able to afford for, like, 3 years.

GAH:¬:

edit:

As genitals to wanton boys are we to the gaming gods - they play with us for their sport.

xD

640 pages of it are probably just pictures of dragons.

:rolleyes:

According to Prima Games, the Skyrim strategy guide contains a large map poster inside labeled with important locations, major roads, and hold capitals. It also has multiple character builds based on hundreds of hours of playtesting revealing exactly what skills, perks, equipment, and other items to pick, and how to advance through the game, no matter the type of character you want to be.

In addition it shows where every rare item is ranging from Skill Books, Uniques, Weapons, every single Shout, Dragon Priest Masks, and much more!

Wait, there's more!...

http://www.gamezone.com/news/skyrim-strategy-guide-is-over-650-pages

Even if I don't think about the money, it sounds like I'm better off not buying it. Weren't they trying to bring back the whole "wonder of discovery" feeling?

Well.. it's Prima. It's what they do ;)

But yeah, I won't be buying it.. but there is a market for it, so I'd suspect for those people, this will be the "holy grail" of guides for Skyrim.. hehe.

Me, I'm all for the (mis)adventures I'll most likely be having by being in the wrong place at just the wrong (right?) time.. :D

Archived