Home

Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5

Nedak

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skyrim DLC Will Be Less Frequent, More Substantial

You won’t have to pony up for horse armor again in Skyrim.

It might take you hundreds of hours to fully explore the massive world of upcoming role-playing game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but developer Bethesda plans to add even more....

...“We’re not going to be doing a lot of it. Our high-level thinking is that there’ll be not as many [pieces of DLC], but they’ll be bigger and more substantial,” he said. “The goal overall is not necessarily to put out more content, but to make the game better.”

Relieved to hear it.. but I know I'll wind up getting any and all DLC's they offer :xp:

oh... and only 4 days to go! [/squeal]

Does this mean I will have to go on an epic 4 hour quest to get my Crab Armour?

You can get that if you visit a Dark Elf hooker if I remember correctly...still could take 4 hours though ;)

Pre-ordered it a few weeks ago. Together with The Old Republic, it'll be my medicine for the cold days.

I don't want to be a party pooper, but the environments don't really look that impressive to me. There's very little diversity in terms of the colors they've chosen for their various environments - orange and brown seem to be the two dominant ones, with green coming in third. It's all very low-sat, as if they're going for something along the lines of photorealism, but the effort is undermined by low-poly asset models and it also wouldn't hurt to add a few more post-processing effects into the mix. I found the snowy environment the best looking one in that clip and even it could use some improvement.

On the other hand, the characters look pretty good. :)

2 days early? Your postal system appears to have become efficient to the point of warping the space-time continuum.

:) Early access due to pre-order. And, i'm hoping i'll have the CE in the mail tomorrow. ;)

Edit: no sign of the CE today, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow. :):)

Edit2: One thing i'm *loving* in Skyrim?

The fact that if you'r overencumbered? You can still walk around. :):)

Take a stroll through Skyrim... a 30 minute journey.

Spoiler free.. just a player traversing across the map. Avoids as much combat as possible just so you can enjoy the scenery and ambience :D

Looks as if "skeevers" are the new 'rats' for Elder Scrolls :lol:

@stoffe, large spider alerts at 24:00 & 26:30 On screen about 10-15 seconds each. Seems as if arachnids aren't just limited to caves and dungeons. Hope you can still enjoy the game (or mod it) soon. Looks pretty sweet :)

[youtube=hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YZctTgENLY

The fact that if you'r overencumbered? You can still walk around. :):)

sweet! :D

@ ChAiNz: thanks! I will be picking up the game tomorrow a.m. as its a day off at the office (not veteran's or remembrance day but JBNQA signature day (you can google it :xp: ) and (hopefully) have fun at home like when I was a teenager while everyone else - or almost - is working :D

I'm still hesitating between a Breton (magic!!!), an Imperial (not so fond of the new skills but Skyrim/Cyrodiil relation seems interesting in this game) and an Argonian (always fun due to the starting skills and the relations with other races which are rarely neutral).

@ ChAiNz: thanks! I will be picking up the game tomorrow a.m. as its a day off at the office (not veteran's or remembrance day but JBNQA signature day (you can google it :xp: ) and (hopefully) have fun at home like when I was a teenager while everyone else - or almost - is working :D

haha..lucky you! :D

I'm still hesitating between a Breton (magic!!!), an Imperial (not so fond of the new skills but Skyrim/Cyrodiil relation seems interesting in this game) and an Argonian (always fun due to the starting skills and the relations with other races which are rarely neutral).

yeah.. I'm torn between Bosmer and Argonian. Leaning towards Bosmer just to "continue" Paahketgz (my RPG thief) journey through the lands.. but I've always liked the lizards and their waterbreathing/disease resist :lol:

I must admit that after watching the entire video I am a bit let down by the colors of the "Tundra"...save during some time in autumn or spring, real tundra looks so much more vivid (sorry for the amateurish pic)...the colors I see look very "Montreal area-between-late-October-and-Christmas-minus-the-scrycrapers-and-the-awful-traffic" ). Every time I go to the real tundra - and it's been many times a year since more than 10 years - the contrast of colors strikes me.

More pics from same trip here (low quality - photobucket didn't like hi-res at that time)

Yeah, seems Skyrim (at least this portion) seems to suffer from "Brown World". Guess it's an attempt to portray isolation or cold for the lesser traveled?.. hehehe

Willing to bet a texture pack mod will be in the making soon enough ;)

Have my copy pre-loaded and waiting to go.. unfortunately work comes first (boo).. but Monday off will make up for it. 3 day weekends = win :D

Beautiful pics BTW :thumbsup:

On a sidenote.. yeah, I'm soooooo doing this :lol:

[youtube=hd]

If you are left-handed, don't waste your money on this game. For some utterly braindead reason the game will refuse you to change your movement key bindings to the numpad or arrow keys, which most lefthanded people have used to control games for the last 25 years or so.

Completely unplayable. To say I'm terribly disappointed with this game would be an understatement.

Archived