Home

Am I the only one who thinks Star Wars should die?

Taak Farst

Wow, it's incredible that an entire race got madly overrated, because of one guy who is madly overrated.

And order 66 justified??? Is this woman insane???

The Jedi are a bit off, working for the government has made them a bit bureaucratic, instead of pure monks, but that's no excuse to wipe them out, and it doesn't make them evil, they still mean well.

To be fair, it makes some sense that a heavily armed and armored guy could blow his way out of the Sarlacc.

I really have to take a good look inside a Sarlacc before commenting on that, during ROTJ however, it seemed like certain death, even for a Jedi.

Is that thing that we go inside during TFU a Sarlacc???

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps, but he shouldn't have survived the second time he fell into the bloody thing.

Wait what? I didn't know there was a second time. How do you manage to fall into a giant, easily visible, immobile hole twice? Never mind the implausibility of escaping twice after clearly demonstrating an utter lack of common sense.

Another reason I'm ok with him escaping (the first time) is that even Lucas thought that his death was too mundane, and considered adding a shot of him climbing out. Then he decided that would interrupt the action (fair enough), so left that scene out, putting a burp joke in instead.

To be fair, I kinda see what she says about the Clones - slave soldiers used as cannon fodder with no one really questioning the ethics of it. It bugs me that Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, -nobody- is like 'Dude, wtf are we doing?'

But Traviss is still a psychotic hack.

Rebecca-Black-Friday-500x360-300x216.jpg

FRIDAY.

You know, I find the whole 'friday' thing hilarious. Not the song (there are too many bad songs out there to get upset/excited about one), but people's reactions, and the result of those reactions. I'm not sure why it's news that some random 13 year old is a terrible singer with utterly vapid ideas of what's important, but I guess I'm missing something. The joke's on the people mocking her, showing their friends 'that terrible music video', and even buying it on iTunes for 'ironic' listening. While they're feeding some sense of superiority over a 13 year old, they're making her a lot of money. Going by the amount YouTube pays 'partners' for views, she's made over $68,000 from the video already. From sales on iTunes in the first week alone, she made about $25,000. Even if it dropped off sharply after a few weeks, she's already made well over $100,000, and got masses of publicity. That puts this 13 year old girl ahead of ~94% of Americans in terms of personal income per year.

TL;DR: While the people mocking Black are thinking about how much better than her they are, they're wasting their time and money in order to give some to her. I'm pretty sure she's won here. She's smarter than anyone who's watched the video willingly more than once.

You know, I find the whole 'friday' thing hilarious. Not the song (there are too many bad songs out there to get upset/excited about one), but people's reactions, and the result of those reactions. I'm not sure why it's news that some random 13 year old is a terrible singer with utterly vapid ideas of what's important, but I guess I'm missing something. The joke's on the people mocking her, showing their friends 'that terrible music video', and even buying it on iTunes for 'ironic' listening. While they're feeding some sense of superiority over a 13 year old, they're making her a lot of money. Going by the amount YouTube pays 'partners' for views, she's made over $68,000 from the video already. From sales on iTunes in the first week alone, she made about $25,000. Even if it dropped off sharply after a few weeks, she's already made well over $100,000, and got masses of publicity. That puts this 13 year old girl ahead of ~94% of Americans in terms of personal income per year.

TL;DR: While the people mocking Black are thinking about how much better than her they are, they're wasting their time and money in order to give some to her. I'm pretty sure she's won here. She's smarter than anyone who's watched the video willingly more than once.

What I find hilarious is 1) that her parents paid for her to have access to a studio whose goal is to give kids experience recording in a proper studio with songs that are allegedly written by professional songwriters 2) that the guy who rapped about passing school buses is called Fat Usher and 3) that the combined forces of the internet felt it necessary to make fun of a 13 year old girl.

What I find hilarious is 1) that her parents paid for her to have access to a studio whose goal is to give kids experience recording in a proper studio with songs that are allegedly written by professional songwriters 2) that the guy who rapped about passing school buses is called Fat Usher and 3) that the combined forces of the internet felt it necessary to make fun of a 13 year old girl.

1) Meh, kids parents do stupid **** with their money all the time.

2) OK, that's actually pretty funny. Didn't know it.

3) Pretty much what I found funny, but I added 'and they're making her rich', and said it in a really longwinded way. Those internet commando teams are pretty badass though, always bringing the fight to those no one else will face, like preteen girls, in the name of preserving all our serious business.

Around the end of 2008 I started to get mixed feelings of the franchise as a whole, with the disappointment of The Force Unleashed(I was beyond hyped for the game) and The Clone Wars(which I started watching again in its third season and now enjoy) I could no longer call Star Wars my favorite thing in the world because I had so many mixed feelings going on with the direction the franchise was heading in. But I don't think Star Wars should die as long as their is a audience. Alot of the stories on The Clone Wars is better than what George came up with the prequels, George creates alot of the ideas and somebody else does the job of writing them.

IMO George Lucas has great ideas but not the best writing skills these days(as evident with KOTCS and the Prequel Trilogy). The Expanded Universe is forever growing with great stories here and there and I think will remain that way for a long time. But sometimes I think its best to just watch the Original Trilogy and forget everything else ever existed.

Short answer: Should Star Wars die? No. :p

The problem is that George Lucas has no barriers anymore. No one to tell him that 'Sorry, George, that's a stupid idea, rewrite the draft and get rid of the rabbit alien that sounds like a racist caricature.'
You mean this one?

20.jpg

Y'know' date=' I kinda wonder why people talk about the EU like it suddenly got completely insane in the past couple of years when it's been pretty crazy since the beginning. (With stuff like [i']Splinter of the Mind's Eye[/i] and the Marvel Star Wars comics.)
Well said.

Or that things are only now trampling canon for that matter.

There is a difference between Strange idea, thinking outside the box... and forgettable samey stories and me blushing when being referred to as a Star Wars fan now.

I have no problem that Authors add elements to stories that weren't apparent in the source material, or make up an language and gary stu a race then rageQuit the franchise.

I do on the other hand, have a problem with Dave filoni "Needing" to include EU elements in TCW then GL will change them, all under the disguise of "Its all for the EU fans". FCS make up a new Character, Planet whatever, why involve EU material that the core of your viewers have neither read nor care about.

I have no problem that Authors add elements to stories that weren't apparent in the source material, or make up an language and gary stu a race then rageQuit the franchise.

Oh, I do.

At least Mando's in TCW are not "a bunch of Boba Fett's" (and I'm not talking about armor).

Archived