Home

Spot the breakthrough

Okay, so this picture is a.... foreshadowing of sorts to show you guys what my next tutorial will be about. Be warned though, that this will probably be easier for older modders who are familiar with the spectrum of do-able mods.

And no, it's not a trick question.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
EVVIP.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the feat you accomplished??? Or, is it going have to be one of those "wait for the tutorial"'s? But, whatever the feat accomplished (it sounds hard or tricky based on the other responses >_>) congratulations on a job well done. :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the feat you accomplished??? Or, is it going have to be one of those "wait for the tutorial"'s? But, whatever the feat accomplished (it sounds hard or tricky based on the other responses >_>) congratulations on a job well done. :)

For a few NPC's, they have "full" body models, which means that there is only one model for that character(where the pc models, and some more common npc models usually have two, i.e a head model and a body model.), though they may have two separate texture files. Atris has a full body model, which means there is no stand-alone head model for her(so she can't wear anything but the white robes the designers put her in). With Vp's changes, she can wear anything the PC can, so long as she has the 2da entry to do so. Of course, it might be possible to do the same for other characters.

Kreia, Bao-Dur and possibly some alien races come to mind as likely candidates that the community has been wanting to change (moreso than what's already been done). With this method, it might finally become a realization :)

if it hasn't already been done that is.. rather out of the loop.. hehe ;)

Kreia, Bao-Dur and possibly some alien races come to mind as likely candidates that the community has been wanting to change (moreso than what's already been done). With this method, it might finally become a realization :)

if it hasn't already been done that is.. rather out of the loop.. hehe ;)

Right on the money, though Bao-Dur's head is definitely a separate model.

But yes, Kreia's Head on different bodies is one possibility. Believe it or not, but she actually has an in-game head (though the back half is unfinished.) Humanoid Alien Races are a possibilty for sure.. Trandoshans, WeeQuay, Rodian, Duros, all possibilties. I even successfully ported Mission's head from Kotor 1 into Kotor 2... I won't release it of course, but just so you guys get the picture.

And lets not forget that we can add danglymeshes to heads as we please now :p

But yeah, the tutorial is out now, so all you modelers better put this to good use!

EDIT: I think I might try my hand at an Alien head ASAP. Is there one particular head you guys would go ape**** over?

<snip>

And lets not forget that we can add danglymeshes to heads as we please now :p

<snip>

EDIT: I think I might try my hand at an Alien head ASAP. Is there one particular head you guys would go ape**** over?

MalgusMaster-Return.jpg

Failing that, a playable Weequay would be pretty cool.

do ithorians have a default full animation set for combat?

No, I tryed they don't. Notice they don't ever fight in the vanilla game, that generally means they have no animations.

I was about to say Weequay jedis...

But the evil B****** in the pic would be extremely cool to see in TSL.

Extremely cool you did this VP. :thmbup1:

That's a weequay? Wow I thought that was a sith pureblood.

This could make RedRob's playable alien species mods even more awesome, if he was inclined to revisit it, let someone create a patch for it, or someone made a similar mod from scratch. Having a changeable clothing appearance would eliminate pretty much the only downside to that mod. (Sure trandoshans would end up with human feet, but that's a small price to pay IMO, and who looks that much at the feet anyway?)

Hey Dak, didn't you make that playable Duros head mod?

Yeah but the head wasn't animated... that's what we couldn't figure out how to solve, which this does.

I would like to point out that I couldn't get it to work for k1 because the models have different hex values.

Working on Sith guy Head right now. Can't think of a practical use for it in TSL anyways, but at least it will look cool

It could be used for one of the dark Jedi on Duxn(the one who speaks to the party), and perhaps the one Sith on Onderon who appears after the second force field on the Sky Ramp(The one wearing the High Dark Jedi Robes).

Archived