Home

Coruscant: Jedi Temple Exterior

This is cool and everything, but it means nothing unless it's released.

So that means... RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!! Er I mean... the temple.

Okay, just for you VP!

This is basically an empty area, devoid of everything at the moment. I am releasing it as a modder's resource. Anyone can use it, providing that I get to see the final product before it goes out (I worked long and hard on this, I only want it to be coupled with quality mods).

Anyway, it is in an almost finished state. It needs some work on the walkmesh, and a little work covering up the empty doorway. I'm kind of frustrated with it at the moment, because things keep wanting not to work, so there is no guarantee that I will finish it. Anyway, use at your own risk, have fun, and you can warp to cor_m60aa to get there.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
temple06.jpg

Show spoiler
temple05.jpg

Show spoiler
temple04.jpg

Show spoiler
temple02.jpg

Show spoiler
temple03.jpg

Show spoiler
temple01.jpg

Credit goes to Olivier Couston on Sci-Fi 3D for the skybox, oh, and Quanon for his lovely textures!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qrtyaw3m87z8k6n/Coruscant.zip

If I can squire the permissions needed, I can convert this to TSL and combine the mods.

You'd have to retexture it. Quanon used textures from K1, and retextured them, so although they are different, I think that it would still be porting from K1. I'm not sure, but it's best to be careful.

You'd have to retexture it. Quanon used textures from K1, and retextured them, so although they are different, I think that it would still be porting from K1. I'm not sure, but it's best to be careful.

Obviously i'm new to these forums (but not to other modding communities), yet this is not the first time i've seen this type of comment about porting, and it's kind of baffling... is there some 'historical' reason, I, as new here, am unaware of for this?

Because otherwise, seriously, who's gonna care about the usage of some textures/assets from one game in another game of the same franchise and series, with basically the same engine and assets, and a dead series at that -the singleplayer obviously is- for an absolutely free hobby-made mod?, i've been part of modding communities for other crpg's and i've seen all kind of things; modders routinely porting assets from other games in the same series, just look at the infinity engine modding, the amount of stuff exchanged from the BG's and IWD's, and not only the 'oldies' (because in mainstream the kotor games are probably considered oldies already), look at the FO3 and FNV modding; a lot of graphical assets exchange in mods... Heck, i've even seen .exe modifications in order to fix bugs or add extra functionalities, and no one has ever gotten any trouble for it, in fact, in one case, the publisher of an oldie game included a recognized .exe mod that fixed engine issues on their latest digital distribution packages... so, why all this tip-toeing? :confused:

Obviously i'm new to these forums (but not to other modding communities), yet this is not the first time i've seen this type of comment about porting, and it's kind of baffling... is there some 'historical' reason, I, as new here, am unaware of for this?

Because otherwise, seriously, who's gonna care about the usage of some textures/assets from one game in another game of the same franchise and series, with basically the same engine and assets, and a dead series at that -the singleplayer obviously is- for an absolutely free hobby-made mod?, i've been part of modding communities for other crpg's and i've seen all kind of things; modders routinely porting assets from other games in the same series, just look at the infinity engine modding, the amount of stuff exchanged from the BG's and IWD's, and not only the 'oldies' (because in mainstream the kotor games are probably considered oldies already), look at the FO3 and FNV modding; a lot of graphical assets exchange in mods... Heck, i've even seen .exe modifications in order to fix bugs or add extra functionalities, and no one has ever gotten any trouble for it, in fact, in one case, the publisher of an oldie game included a recognized .exe mod that fixed engine issues on their latest digital distribution packages... so, why all this tip-toeing? :confused:

It's because it's in the game's EULA that you can't port assets from either game to another. In many other modding communites, (though I have no part in them, I just hear about it so I'm not pretending to be an expert here) it's acceptable to port stuff from this game to that. However with KotOR it's illegal. And no, I highly doubt the porting police will come after us if it were accepted around here, but porting just isn't discussed here anyway. Hope that clears things up... :¬:

ON TOPIC This is my favorite area model to date by far. The size totally makes it most excellent.

ON TOPIC This is my favorite area model to date by far. The size totally makes it most excellent.

Agreed, it is pretty damned cool.

Now we just need to find some use for it as it seems a bit empty at the moment.

Perhaps as a base for a K1 Jedi Tample mod? Using this 'template' as a base, i would guess such a mod to be a fair bit superior to the TSL mod. :)

It's because it's in the game's EULA that you can't port assets from either game to another. In many other modding communites, (though I have no part in them, I just hear about it so I'm not pretending to be an expert here) it's acceptable to port stuff from this game to that. However with KotOR it's illegal. And no, I highly doubt the porting police will come after us if it were accepted around here, but porting just isn't discussed here anyway. Hope that clears things up... :¬:

Well technically any modding for any game is illegal under EULA's... there's just some let's call it 'pc users modding tradition' with a defined un-crossable line... i just think this community may be imposing an unnecessary limitation/restriction (based on unwarranted concerns) on itself.

Sorry for off-topic. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived