Home

Happy 10th Anniversary "Attack of the Clones"

Shem

I remember coming out of the cinema a little disappointed... and confused. There were quite a lot of very obvious awkward moments throughout the movie and you could feel the entire audience latch on to every one of them as they came up and you could tell the people around you felt that things just weren't clicking with this movie. Then when the movie ended and folks left you could hear peoples opinions come out and they were all generally "it's not as good as the older ones"...

With TPM there was this hype of a brand new Star Wars movie and everyone, despite the flaws, was just so excited to be watching a Star Wars movie at a cinema and that it was something new. With RotS there was excitement because, despite its flaws, it went down the dark path we all knew it'd go down and gave us exactly what we all finally wanted to see.

AotC... well, it could've been worse, I guess.

I remember reading every single article about the movie before it came out. Everyone was into The Lord of the Rings, but I kept on the Wars.

I was surprised with Jango Fett (basically, what Boba should have been in the OT) and with Christopher Lee. I made the connection between him and Peter Cushing due to some Hammer films, and found it interesting that they both were on Star Wars.

The Clone Wars were a bit different from what I imagined them to be, but it was nice to finally see it.

And I remember the epic moment when Yoda lit his lightsaber and people in the theater were all amazed and excited.

In the end, I still think it's a good movie. Not among the best, but not among the worst either.

P.S: Now that I think of it, Attack of the Clones was the first movie on DVD that I bought.

Great year, great film, AOTC was my favorite of the prequals for a long time, and still a great addition to the six. A lot of people have a hard time with the acting (Writing) but my only problem with it was, the pick up shoots had terrible costume department inconsistency (especially Obi Wans beard)

This specific era was the one I had been waiting for since the Original trilogy, Padawan Anakin, young Knight Kenobi, the Jedi in full bloom... Rather than the child Anakin, although TPM has become much better with age IMO, and production-wise is the strongest of the Prequels.

Happy Anniversary Attack of the Clones, I still love you at least :)

Still think AotC is the only movie I ever took off work for... Take out the completely unbelievable love story and I have little problem with the movie. The Jango vs. Obi-Wan fight was perfect and finally seeing Mace and Yoda in action sold me on the movie. Still love that Jar-Jar played such a essential part in giving Palpatine “Unlimited power!

It gave us Jango, Count Dooku and Yoda on steroids. Gotta be thankful for that. I also loved the goofy side of Obi-Wan in this one. Yeah, AOTC may have gotten a lot of flak, but I still remember it as a fun night at the cinema. I really should rewatch it, it's been some time. Happy 10th, Clones! :)

AOTC is my favourite of the prequels. We got to see Coruscant in its full glory for the first time, which was something I had always wanted. We got to see female Jedi in action for the first time (which was a really big deal for me), and we got to see Yoda kicking ass. Happy Ani AOTC, I know not many people love you, but I do.

Thought it was not as good as TPM, but still rather enjoyable. The only major qualm I have with it is the progression of the romance between Anakin and Padme. Something about the dialogue or the acting in there just made it seem...forced or something, it disrupted the movie for me.

Inferior to the OT's but still.. it's Star Wars. Even a bad Star Wars is better than a good Uwe Boll film (remind me later which one of his films are good? :xp: )

Best thing to me was that it introduced, as Miltiades mentioned, a deeper, often goofy side to Obi-Wan. And of course the whole Ani/Obi relationship if we include all the PT's.

May not be my favorite, but hey it's Star Wars and always has a place in my heart. Happy 10 Years! :D

but my only problem with it was, the pick up shoots had terrible costume department inconsistency (especially Obi Wans beard)

Indeed. It's one of those things that once you see it, it stands out more each time you watch it. I'd rather have the deleted scenes with Obi-Wan's natural beard, than the reshoots.

I remember clearly as a kid doing my absolute best to not laugh at the dialogue during the romance scenes. It was just so crappy. If you ask me, the deleted scenes that showed Anakin visiting Padme's house was far better than the ones kept in the movie. I can't really complain about too much else, though.

Wow, ten years already!! I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited about seeing it in 3D next year! That will be awesome to see all the battles in 3D!

I only hope they've fixed the mistakes they made on the Blu-ray.

I haven't even seen the BluRays. What mistakes?

Green tint all over the film, and some shots are with a different order (since they haven't changed the score, you notice the difference even more).

See here.

Haven't seen the blu-ray, what did George change this time? And for that matter, what was the changes to the others as well, including the new OT, I heard there was quite a bit in that one.

You have these articles:

A New Hope

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Prequel Trilogy

Episode I

Episode II

There are some other blu-ray movies that have that strange green tint as well... and it appears to me that it's only with the ones that go through a really cheap half-assed conversion process.

There were reports that on preview events, the movie was fine.

I only hope the 3D release is fine.

Green tint all over the film, and some shots are with a different order (since they haven't changed the score, you notice the difference even more).

See here.

Ah. Interesting.

They never seem to get the colors right.

Archived