Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

woke up around 8:30 today...getting some good recovery time in at least for my feet's sake before i start it up again on monday. actually using that as excuse to sleep in after staying up for hours on SWTOR! anybody care to play? it's fun with friends!

http://www.swtor.com

Server: Harbinger

Affiliation: Sith Empire

add Saurat to your friend list! :)

Currently saving up for a guild flagship! they cost like 50,000,000!

going to the philly zoo tomorrow with my mom, sister, and nephews for my oldest nephew's 4th birthday. should be fun! :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling blah again today... which is odd, because things are actually starting to look up somewhat.

I'm not swamped at work... in fact things are so slow as to be boring; dad is stable and doing well, and will most likely be discharged to his new permanent place fairly soon; there are no wildly outrageous expenses I have to deal with this second, and several very large checks have gone in to bolster his account, and the trailer will be closed soon, so that will be another one; the weather has been nice, and I've been trying to get a bit of exercise every day and eat somewhat better than my usual... so I should be feeling great about now. And I was... the last couple of days.

This morning I woke up all achy and feeling run down and dehydrated and exhausted and depressed again. Crap. And I can't see any reason for it this time. My stress levels are about as low as they are ever going to be again right now... I shouldn't feel this lousy.

I think I'll see someone to get a work up tomorrow. Skip work if I have to. And that's saying a lot for me, since I usually have to be crawling on the doorstep of death's door in order to seek medical attention.

Yeah... but I've been feeling like this off and on all summer... since all this craziness with work and my father and stepmom began.

I chalked it all up to stress, but maybe there's something else going on.

I've actually had some weirdness going on since before my girlfriend left the country... (I pretty much figured that was stress as well... plus the fact that I'm getting pretty out of shape too...) I've been to the doctors a couple of times, but so far they haven't found anything to treat.

But feeling like crap has gotta stop.

I started off the day with 3 200mg Ibuprofen, then when i got done with my work i went to my favorite bar and got a 32 oz stien of Left hand widdershins, at 10% ABV i could only stand a 16oz stien of Fade to black (Vol 4) at 8.0 abv before coming home.

A couple of quick pepperhack quesidillas, a handful of captain crunch, a pork chop, and Jagermister double shot and i am calling it a day

Woooooooeeeeeee!

I started off the day with 3 200mg Ibuprofen, then when i got done with my work i went to my favorite bar and got a 32 oz stien of Left hand widdershins, at 10% ABV i could only stand a 16oz stien of Fade to black (Vol 4) at 8.0 abv before coming home.

A couple of quick pepperhack quesidillas, a handful of captain crunch, a pork chop, and Jagermister double shot and i am calling it a day

Woooooooeeeeeee!

Steady on, old boy. :max: You still have to land the plane.

New toy.

210814-1146_zps376ed91b.jpg

The modern version of the classic spy gun, the Walther PPK. Called the PPKS, it varies only slightly in design and holds seven rounds (.380 ACP) compared to the old six.

Even better, they're being made in Maine under license of Walther by Smith & Wesson. Made in USA, baby! :max: Woof! Woof! Woof!

Summer league team ended up in 3rd...we only won two points and the third place team won six to move ahead of us for 2nd.

Looking forward to the winter season starting, even if two state tournaments (senior tournament in the fall, open tournament next spring) mean more work. :)

Happy Birthday Wildstar!

:joy:

I went to the doctor's office and told them my symptoms. They were mostly baffled, so they removed a bunch of blood and money from me, told me to take some Ibuprofen and "it easy", and get some R&R, and sent me on my way.

This is exactly why I don't seek out medical treatment very often. It's seems like a very expensive way for someone new to nod their head and tell you "that sounds like it sucks". :rolleyes:

Well... maybe one of the 5 vials of blood they took will be tested in a way that tells them something...

Anyway, I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on sleep, and if feel well enough tomorrow, my R&R will probably come in the form of a road trip, maybe up the coast to Maine. Get as far as I can, get a room overnight, look around a bit on Sunday, then head back.

Looking at the work calendar, this looks like the last full weekend I'm likely to have off until late December... so if I don't try to do something "vaca-like" this weekend, it's not going to happen until there's snow on the ground again.

Good times... :dozey:

Coughing like a madman and having very wierd heart rate increases.

It's painful, disorienting and disturbing.

Best thing about my family? FREE NURSE! Since my mom is an RN, I called her, and she said relax, drink lots of fluids, use cough drops to stem the hacking, and do **** nothing for the weekend.

Totally down for that.

Very nice. And Zoom? Just leave the Beretta...

A Beretta should be left. ;) On the ground. Then run over a couple times.

K K, I refer to it as a toy because to date, I've only used my guns for going out and having fun at the range. It's a positive activity, useful for blowing off steam and bonding with buddies. If I ever had to use one for unhappy purposes, I suppose that would change my point of view...

Ed and Cracken, I hope you guys get well. :) And I hope they don't find anything in those vials of blood. I think mystery is better than a known disease.

Happy birfday, Wildster! :max: I'm sending you an imaginary bowling ball composed entirely of good wishes. Not sure how it will bowl, but you'll be the first kid on your block to have one.

nice gun, zoom. got a concealed carry permit? i have one but i don't have a gun yet. still waiting on police academy application to come back, guess i'll have to call them on monday. :(

@k_k: i feel sorry for you. you'll never understand what it's like having some manly fun.

zoom: i think if you ever had to use it to save your life or others, you'd either: A. rethink of where you go without it, or B. carry it everywhere. idk that's just the opinion of a dysfunctional veteran. still haven't been to the range with my AR15 yet. it ****ing blows not having a car!!!!!!!!

I drove up the coast to Maine, got as far as Kennebunkport, looked around at the crowds of tourists, the traffic everywhere I wanted to go, the parking fees everywhere I wanted to stop... and said "Meh" to the whole thing, and turned right around and drove back.

It was really the long drive I wanted anyway. An extended sightseeing ride always chills me out and clears my mind.

Of course, I had to come home to a huge pile of URGENT!!! bills from Florida... :rolleyes:

Sigh...

i miss driving...hopefully this time next year i'll have a nice car, truck, or suv. or be deployed.

saw expendables 3 tonight, it was alright. :)

missed taking my meds today...didn't expect to be overnight at my parents, but they were too tired to drive me home after driving back from philly zoo. i don't really feel any bad effect, but i'll take the dose tomorrow before i go hiking with some friends. :)

monday i'm going off of caffeine until i get back from drill weekend, hydrate hydrate hydrate, gotta pass my damn apft, gonna do pushups, situps, and run every day, throwing pullups and chinups in there as well...trying to bring my weight down to 185 by the 3rd week of september, and my goal is to get down to 155 by january. i remember feeling at my best when i weighed that much...

@k_k: i feel sorry for you. you'll never understand what it's like having some manly fun.

FU

I have a little more respect for the lethality of firearms some would concider "toys" . Toys are what I would give a 5 year old to use unsupervised as they saw fit. Guns are NOT toys

and you know nothing of my life, and my thrill of firing off a few clips. I just don't advertise it. and go around showing them off like i am trying to compensate for lacking in a "manly" area like some people and constantly have to prove people how "Manly" you are.

I survived, and won a street fight against 4 other people using nothing but the weapons God gave me on the day I was born (plus 10 years of martial arts training) I don't NEED what you would call toys to protect myself

Watched the new Doctor Who. It didn't suck, but I'm not totally sold on the new guy yet.

Missed the first couple of minutes though... so maybe that could have eased the transition.

I grew up watching the old Doctor who. The new stuff isn't the same. More Sci-Fi horror and suspense. A lot of liberty and "Dues Ex Machina" type writing is use in the stories. The Doctor used his intelligence to solve EVERYTHING, he didn't need Psychic powers, or to use guns, or his fists.

And how could the David Tennet doctor survive falls that Killed the Tom Baker Doctor? ARGH!

bad writing ruins it, and makes a mockery of the viewer IMHO

hunting is fun, and so is target shooting. being in the national guard, i would be ****ing pissed if i couldn't own an AR-15. they only give us so much time on the range (if any) during drills, and even then we're basically rushed through it when we get on a lane, so it's nice being able to own a rifle similar to the one we're issued (aside from the burst mode which isn't really ever used unless you're in a firefight) and be able to practice on our own with it.

nice gun, zoom. got a concealed carry permit? i have one but i don't have a gun yet. still waiting on police academy application to come back, guess i'll have to call them on monday. :(

zoom: i think if you ever had to use it to save your life or others, you'd either: A. rethink of where you go without it, or B. carry it everywhere. idk that's just the opinion of a dysfunctional veteran. still haven't been to the range with my AR15 yet. it ****ing blows not having a car!!!!!!!!

I have thought about getting a conceal carry permit. I live in a rough neighborhood, come home late at night...and the PPK is the best gun ever for the job. Reason why not? :dozey: Peaceful good intentions usually carry the day in most circumstances, thank you very much.

I'm sure K K has had plenty of manly fun shooting with the guys, and equally sure that he has reasons for feeling the way he does. Since we are all buds here, we should just leave it alone in typical manly fashion.

Going out shooting with friends tomorrow. :D Been awhile; all work and no play. Wish you were here, R15...and maybe even K K would like to shoot a few rounds...

K_K, I'm sorry for being an ass to you, you do have the right to express your opinion even if I don't agree with it.

I'm going hiking sometime today, playing TOR til I leave for that, then more when I get home. Anybody's welcome to join me.....Harbinger server, Empire! :)

Took a longish walk in the state park. Lots of trees. Almost no people.

It was nice and peaceful and quiet... perfect for what I needed today.

Next time I go there I have to start earlier though... give myself more time to look around before dark, and to beat the skeeters before they really start to swarm.

Archived