Home

Dall-E generated LucasArts look alikes

Rum Rogers

Hey all, I thought it could be fun to post and maybe receive requests for images generated by the amazing Dall-E AI.
Here's an example of what it created with a Grim Fandango screenshot from the Land of the Living:
image.png

This set what instead generated from the input string "An oil painting of a mad scientist, his nurse wife, their disturbed son and the two tentacle family pets:

b2e3eda1-fb7b-479e-b155-94f4b3fdaec2.jpg
And last but not least some odd-looking variations on Guybrush and Elaine:
image.png
Hope it is acceptable to open such a thread here, personally I'm so excited about this stuff, feel free to request something LucasArts related if curious about it :guybrush:

Edited by Rum Rogers
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Dall-E is still an absolute mystery to me. I thought it was a "text to image" tool? I didnt know you could provide an image and get variations on it. I've put myself on the waiting list.

I'd be interested in seeing variations of the different cover artworks from my poster thread.

58 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

I'd be interested in seeing variations of the different cover artworks from my poster thread.

Here's the first one!
image.png
It gets quite weird if we keep part of the text:
weird.jpg

Edit 1:

monkey2.jpg

Edit 2:
curse.jpg

Edit 3:
It won't let me upload EMI's cover art due to not specified possible violations of terms. 🤔 Looks like even Dall-E hates it (I don't).
This'll have to do:
escape.jpg

Edit 4:
tales.jpg

Edited by Rum Rogers
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Chef's Kiss 1

Super weird that it Keeps turning MI2 LeChuck into Herman 😀 Also the tales cover gets very Dr Who-ish in its iterations 

I wonder why the AI has such a tendency for G Titles as well...

Very very cool stuff 😀 thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

Woah, this might come in handy, thanks!

Generally Dall-E could really make a few things easier when cleaning up or extending artworks. I don't even know how it's used though. Does it have a GUI? What are the limits regarding image resolution? How long does computing these variations or paint-outs take?

EDIT

I've got another request: can you try removing the logo from the Zak McKracken poster? Does it offer variations for object removal too?

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 1

It spits out any image in less than 20 seconds. There's a very rudimentary GUI where you can either put text, upload images or select parts of uploaded images (this last mode will still require you to input what you want, like "blend colors smoothly"). No manual image manipulation, though. That part of the job should be done locally by you and then you would re-upload the enhanced image to further modify it through Dall-E. 

Alright, so this is a single iteration just to give you an idea. I very roughly selected the logo and simply asked to re-add the original background. Creepy evil eyes aside, I'd say it's quite impressive for a single query and a 20 seconds result.

image.jpeg

That's some crazy stuff. I assume it uses detail and style it finds in the rest of the image. I'd love to play with this, to find out, how specific your text input can get. "Reconstruct bread" maybe?

Also, does Dall-E allow for just small image manipulations, like "remove noise", "remove halftone pattern" or "remove compression artifacts"? Stuff that won't totally change the content of the image itself.

20 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

Also, does Dall-E allow for just small image manipulations, like "remove noise", "remove halftone pattern" or "remove compression artifacts"? Stuff that won't totally change the content of the image itself.

This is exactly the stuff I wish you could try! Please do feel free to also PM me here or on Discord so while you wait for access we can at least experiment together. I have a feeling this stuff could really help with your posters project!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Miserably failed prompts:

"Steve Purcell puts himself in Monkey Island poster" - "band Sparks composes Monkey Island soundtrack" - "Stan sells entire carribbean" - "Mancomb Seepgood's day off" - "three headed monkey goes to tokyo" - "manny calavera gets a real face"

"Guybrush's dad eats bananas" at least turned out a little raunchy:

2BnZlAV.png

"Elaine finally marries LeChuck", here's the good stuff folks:

FwvnOsd.png

"El Pollo Diabolo kills Hitler":
ppUjWnM.png

I had hoped they wouldn't show us HOW Pollo kills Hitler. But here we are.

Obviously, "Monkey Island Star Trek crossover":
1hl9cbM.png

Look behind you ... another Spock head is growing out of your shoulder!

"Indiana Jones and the Red Sock of Antioch"
0C8CEhv.png

10/10 I mean it's all there, more or less

"Green T and the Sushi Platters 3rd album cover"

8MovQVh.png

"Why the third?", you ask. Well, EVERY AI could generate the FIRST.

Edited by Vainamoinen
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I asked it to recreate an object from the Infocom version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but all I got was nightmare fuel. Now I'm too scared to even try "laser-assisted monkey wrench", "ultra-plasmic vacuum awl", "molecular hyperwave pincer", or any other of the weird tools you found scattered throughout the game. 😛

nightmare-fuel.png

13 minutes ago, Torbjörn Andersson said:

Now I'm too scared to even try "laser-assisted monkey wrench", "ultra-plasmic vacuum awl", "molecular hyperwave pincer", or any other of the weird tools you found scattered throughout the game. 😛

Luckily for you, I suffer from no such fears, so I've made the sacrifice for you...it was a really boring result.
Laser-Assisted Monkey Wrench.PNGmolecular hyperwave pincer.jpg

ultra-plasmic vacuum awl.png

• Haha 1