31 members have voted

1. 1. Optical Mice

• They're Great!!
    • They're good
    • They're ok
    • They're bad
    • They're diabolical
    • Just the same as ordinary mice

I highly recommend going to a computer show if you plan on uying anything computer related...you can get a quality optical mouse for under $10 US. The wireless keyboard and optical mouse I'm on now I got for $50, top o' the line. $100+ retail

They are great for gaming, more sensitive generally. They also look damn nice. The ones you can get that are also cordless are good I think, at least the Logitech one I got works great, no porblems with it suddenly not working or anything. Maybe the best thing with optical mice is how they work on any surface (except glass or cheese on toast).

I love all of mine (all 4 for my computers in my house) and then I actually have a mouse that has NO buttons except for the scroller, and to click, you actually tilt the mouse to the left or right. So you are double-click the mouse, not a button. It also has a blue LED built inside which is powered through the data cable. its not for gaming, but looks cool since it is transparent.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Optical mouses are a must. There's nothing bad about them(except that they can blind your eyes if the red light has contact with them..).

no, that's not true I look into one once and didn't blind me! actually it's a regular red light with a sensor :D

the good thing about optical mouses:you dont have to clean 'em

the bad thing about optical mouses:after a long time the light will burn out or the mose won't work as good.

An optical mouse is a must!

I'd definitely take a cordless one too.

I bought my Logitech ~6 months ago. It's way l337! :D

I heard some bad stuff about non-Logitech mice. People say that they don't work well if the "receiver"-thingie is more than 5 inches away from the mouse..?

One thing bothers me, though: My mouse feeds on batteries way too much, I think. I have to put in fresh ones every month! Is that normal? :confused:

Definitely Optical all the way....

Lighter, quicker, smoother...

Only problem is that sooner or later, the little harder plastic parts they use to keep the mouse from being flat on the surface will wear out. I still use a mouse pad with mine, so that it will last longer..

You sure you people aren't exxagerating? I mean i never, ever had any problems with my ordinary mouse - like moving or any thing jsut every few months o gotta clean the inside the wheeling things off the ball. :D

My friend has an optical cordless mouse and it has problems. it like to go dead every whiel for a few seconds, my cousin has an ordianry optical mouse and it runs like a dream :) except recently the wire got bitted by a dog.

I'll probably go ofr a m$ one cos they're good for graphics and that and have loads of buttons (no batteries (hate batteries))

Thanks guys :)

Archived