Home

Oh dear........

I'm sad. When I go there and read their profiles, it just makes me even more sad. They were people just like you and me. It makes you think of what it was like when the first problem happend. What it felt like for them. How scared they were, there was nothing they coould do, just waiting to die. Hopefully their death was quick, not prolonged.

How long before they make a movie about it?

I'm not trying to be insensitive either but when I hear stuff like this I try to just get the basics and ignore the details. I don't want to get to feel like I knew these people as that makes it really sad. So at the moment. I don't feel all that sad but some of you people are making me close to it.

I was barely old enough to even know what was going on when Challenger blew up (i was four, and I saw it for real), but even back then I knew it was a bad thing when my mom told me "the space shuttle blew up." (I guess a childhood of watching Transformers and GI Joe taught a four year old what "blew up" meant).

I somehow doubt that Columbia will be as stunning as Challenger was. I think this lies in the method of destruction. Challenger was so dramatic in comparison. Columbia's destruction was strangely beautiful and it's distance held the carnage from us. Challenger was right there when it happened and we saw it happen in all it's horror. Columbia went from there, to there but something ain't right, to something really is wrong, to "whoa." Challenger went from horray space shuttle to "HOLY ****ING ****" in a second.

I, personally, am very sad. Ilan Ramon was a hero of sorts for me. For years, I was very proud of those Israeli pilots that bombed the Osirak reactor in '81. It's too bad that the day I finally learned the name of one of those pilots, he died.

This is a very sad thing indeed..........another sad day in the US history. I remember very vividly watching the Challenger explosion when I was in school. I was nine years old and I was so fascinated by the thought of a vehicle going into space........it was the first one that I had ever seen before. Naturally, it horrified me.

I agree with Nute how he talked about the differences between the two shuttle disasters.........it's sad but true.

the thing that pisses me off is that the news bull****ters don't mention anything about the shuttle going up and who's in it, etc. EVER. then when something tragic happens you know all about it, and not just one day, but the whole ****ing week and a half!!! just for their **** **** ***** ******* ******* ****** ratings to go up. that is why i refuse to watch the news more than once a week. all they enjoy doing is showing the BAD stuff. never do they show any GOOD unless it's something that's new, and then they only show that ONCE.

ah..u think the news on tv pisses you off you should go to cnn.com...its litered with the shuttle stuff. Nevermind Korea is making weapons of mass destruction and you know we might go invade Iraq. No offence or anything to the poor people who died aboard the shuttle. My heart goes to those families. But when I read "REMAINS FOUND OF DEAD CREW MEMBERS" and then a map of where the remains were found. That's just disgusting and disrespectful. It just pisses me off.

Originally posted by Rogue15

the thing that pisses me off is that the news bull****ters don't mention anything about the shuttle going up and who's in it, etc. EVER. ... never do they show any GOOD unless it's something that's new, and then they only show that ONCE.

You must watch a different CNN than I watch. You just have to know in advance when a shuttle is going to launch so that you know when to watch CNN. Usually they dont' do the live footage, but they'll show it. The last time they showed live was STS-112 because it had a cool camera attached the top of the fuel tank. They ran it several times because it kicked that much ass. This isn't new either. They didn't televise much of Apollo 13's mission until it exploded. And wasn't anything big, only THE THIRD TIME THEY EVER WENT TO THE MOON. Not covering the space program isn't a new problem.

Archived