Home

Star Wars: Republic Commando

StormHammer

I don't normally post two threads on the same topic across 2 forums, but I'm making an exception in this instance.

Lucasarts have just announced they are developing Star Wars: Republic Commando...a dark and intense FPS using an enhanced version of the Unreal engine, for the PC and X-Box.

My wish has finally come true. I talked about them making a game like this a few years ago...and they've finally gone and done it. Thank you Lucasarts! :D

Go here for the other thread I started on this...which has the link to their information, and a movie. :D

Enjoy. :D

*Stares wide-eyed at trailer, and starts to drool*

I don't believe it...these images before me...they cannot be real...oh my god...

*Passes out*

Damn this game looks sooo good! ^^ My goodness, what a lovely surprise this is:DExcuse me...

*Goes to watch trailer again*

Finally they are going to make a FPS where you wont have a Lightsaber or Force powers. I mean they are cool and everything but I would rather blow up and shoot some droids up then using a Lightsaber.

It will also be set in the Clone War Era so it should be some new enviroments and just a awesome story. What better FPS then actually being a soldier in the Clone Wars.

I can't wait to get home and acess the site because I am at school right now and all that crap is filtered.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

Finally they are going to make a FPS where you wont have a Lightsaber or Force powers. I mean they are cool and everything but I would rather blow up and shoot some droids up then using a Lightsaber.

It will also be set in the Clone War Era so it should be some new enviroments and just a awesome story. What better FPS then actually being a soldier in the Clone Wars.

Yeah. I've been waiting for this for a long time. I can't wait to get hold of some serious SW hardware, and start blasting things. As Dooku said, if they can recapture the essence of DF, and make it 10 times better, they'll be onto a winner with this.

It looks like LEC have finally bitten the bullet to develop this under the Unreal engine. Fantastic move, I say...and I think they've been looking at a lot of fan feedback around JO/JA where people asked for those games to be on the Unreal engine.

I think that movie trailer is probably a cut scene...but what a scene. If it proves to be in-game footage, then I don't think I'll ever get my jaw back off the floor. :D

OMG...can you imagine MP for a game like this? :eek:

Wacky_Baccy...you're entirely welcome. :D Anyway, I had to try and outdo digl...he's usually the one who gets info up first. I wonder what happened to him this time... :eyeraise:

* tries to dl the trailer *

o crap, doesnt work :(

o well, seein as its gonne be using the unreal engine, it cant be bad. and as its a different kind of sw game i think its very promissing aswell.

* adds to must buy list *

Interesting. I'm actually more excited over the new Sam & Max game though. That one looks like a riot.

There's one empty square left on the LA E3 announcement page.

*Crosses fingers* *Crosses toes* *Crosses every other appendage flexable enough to be crossed*

Please be an X-Wing game! Please please please please please!

Now that LA is working with Lawrence Holland and Totally Games (the new Secret Weapons Over Normandy) again that doesn't sound so crazy anymore.

Please please please please please!

You might have a point. I didn't think about RS3.

Still... that relationship between LA and Totally Games bodes well for X-Wing fans. If not announced now, then soon... The reviving of so many of LA's classic titles and characters leads me to think that the idea of a new X-Wing sequels isn't so impossible anymore.

Hope springs eternal.

Originally posted by Padanime

* tries to dl the trailer *

o crap, doesnt work :(

[/i]

Sorry to hear that, Pad. :( Have you got the latest version of Quicktime installed?

Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar

WAY too many SW games...its annoying.

I disagree. Out of 11 titles that are being announced, only 4 so far are Star Wars. That's less than half their line-up...and will still be half even if the last one is a SW game as well. Considering they're the only developer allowed to make SW games (now by sub-contracting other developers), 4 or 5 SW games in the works doesn't really constitute that much...

Anyway...I'm still patiently waiting for more information about SW:RC. *looks meaningfully in the direction of Lucasarts* Well?

Originally posted by ZBomber

You can;t ahve too many Star Wars Games, EVER. ;)

I could not agree more.

I am all over this particular game, I feel it will be one of the most popular Star Wars titles ever, and will generate hundreds of fans in the same way that Jedi Outcast did on it's release. Just when I was getting ready to give up on video games.... this goes and happens. This game, and Jedi Academy will be the two titles that I will be willing to give up money for.

*watches trailer again....faints*

:eek:

That video looks gorgeous! Mind you, this beast of a machine had trouble running the UT03 demo until I dropped all the settings until it looked like Dark Forces :p

Still, a year eh? Less beer, more computer hardware I fear... I've got Doom3 to think about as well.

The real test will be if I still play JO...

EDIT: After watching it a couple (!) more times, I remember when the Clone Wars Animation was announced, and there were a few debates on whether the animation should be stylised (â la Samurai Jack) or photo-realistic (â la Final Fantasy). At the time I opted for stylised; I'm not sure now. If the CW Cartoons could be as out-and-out violent as that movie (which is doubtable) then I'd love to see that as a series. :D

B.

Originally posted by BLaCKouT_1138

After watching it a couple (!) more times, I remember when the Clone Wars Animation was announced, and there were a few debates on whether the animation should be stylised (â la Samurai Jack) or photo-realistic (â la Final Fantasy). At the time I opted for stylised; I'm not sure now. If the CW Cartoons could be as out-and-out violent as that movie (which is doubtable) then I'd love to see that as a series. :D

B.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you. A CGI animated series would be much better than the style they're going for.

Back on topic...I wonder why there is no official site for this game, yet? All of the others that have been announced have official sites...but this one just has the Press Release and nothing else. That looks a bit odd, to me. Even if they haven't got any in-game screenshots, or anything, an official site would be nice to have. They could show us come concept art, if nothing else.

Come on LEC...you can't leave us hanging like this... :(

Anyone know if any stores are taking pre-orders on this game? I personally have not pre-ordered a game since "The Phantom Mencace" came out for Playstation. I DEFINITELY will pre-order this one, because I have a funny feeling this one will fly off the shelf quicker than an Iraqi post-Saddam clearance sale.

Archived