Home

Half-Life 2

I can't really comment on most of the music in Half-Life, because I simply turned it off. The game seemed a bit more immersive that way. I remember the pounding beat when you first get the HEV suit, but that's about it...

I'll probably play HL2 without the music on as well. Some games just don't really need music, IMHO. I'd prefer more ambient sound for this kind of game...

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I just watched that for the first time and I think those graphics are pretty impressive!

I just can't get past the facial graphics they have put into this game. Half Life had terrible facial expressions, but this one seems to be on par with mose other PC games.

I can't wait. :)

i really want hl2. i loved the first game, and i play counter-strike almost religously. i played w/ the music off too. it just got annoying after a while. when does hl2 come out? i think it's like sept. or something, but i'm not sure.

Originally posted by GonkH8er

There's a 500meg file up at fileplanet.... 25 minutes of gameplay, if youve got cable and can afford the download, it's well worth it.

It's FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNTASTIC

56k here, mate. :(

I've tried having a lot of stuff burned onto CD over at FilePlanet, but it keeps saying all the files are unavailable.

I'm actually in two minds whether I want to see so much footage of the game, to be honest. Having followed quite a few games right through development recently, and then played them...I didn't get the same sort of feeling of awe and surprise, because I'd seen a lot of the stuff in the game already.

I think I'll just sit back and wait for the game to arrive...and let the actual gameplay experience blow me away. I don't mind seeing a few screenies, and a short trailer...but 25 minutes of footage seems a bit overkill.

thanks for the info, swat. i can't wait.

the trailer looks great. the graphics are awsome. i'm definitely getting this when it comes out. it's near the top of my list, maybe even 1st. who knows. we'll see what else i want to buy later.

Originally posted by Damorith

I haven't really seen anything from this only heard anyone give me some linkage to some screenies?

You...haven't...seen...any...screenies? :eyeraise:

*gasp...thud*

Okay, then, here are some links to some of the articles (complete with screens) that came out of E3 recently...

Gamers.com

SharkyExtreme.com

PCIGN.com

GameSpy.com

GameSpot

PCZone.co.uk

Gamer's Pulse

That should give you enough info. :):D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived