Do you like your job?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like your job?

• I love it completely
    • I love the people I work with, but not the people I work for
    • Quite frankly, I could do without it most days
    • I detest the place and all who go there

Ugh...the customers.. man how I hate customers! :swear:

I work at a bank and 90% of the customers who come in are freaks in one way or another. Luckily I'm not a teller or anything, so I don't have to talk to them face to face..

The calls I get are quite enough. I have to manage 'em in 3 different languages which makes it even more interesting. :rolleyes: The link below gives a pretty good picture of what I have to put up with, although that one is about computers.

Enjoy! :D

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_calls.shtml

I work part-time in a grocery store.

I dont mind that much. I only hate my boss because I dont get along with him. He LACKS personnality! I mean.... HOW CAN SOMEONE NOT HAVE ANY!?

Anyways,

And the plus side of working there is funny customers and the cashiers ;)

well i must admit - not working is my ultimate choice, however i have had a couple of really cool jobs too.

I worked at the brewery where they made Red Stripe lager - it was great, the bar was free at lunchtimes and you were only limited by how much you could drink in an hour, which was nice. managed 6 pints in an hour once but had to go home as i was too drunk.

I worked in a bike shop next to an off-licence, my mate was the manager and my other mate worked saturdays, we basically did absolutely nothing for 6 months except checking out the gorgeous student chicks that walked past the shop. If we couldnt be bothered to do anything or we'd made a lot of money that day we would just lock the doors, the shop shut down surprisingly LOL..

The other good job i had was working at a reclaim yard, we'd drag wood around the yard and build furniture and stuff when we got some good oak or whatever, but the best thing was that everyone that worked there smoked lots of weed, It was really hard trying to talk to customers when you'd been smoking skunk all day. Never had so many tea breaks in my life, but we managed to get really fit because of all teh lifting, I was built like a brick sh!thouse by the time i left. sadly i'm a skinny sod again now. :p

Depends on the day.

I'm a live concert sound engineer and stage manager for a busy concert venue in Boston. Some days are great... other times you just slog through for the paycheck. Depends on the show and the artist sometimes.

Overall, I would have to say that I like what I do and the people I work with though. Plus, I occasionally get to see a great show.

No. I would like to change jobs. Perhaps I could work for the post office, since I am handy with firearms and dogs fear me.

"Good morning, Mrs. Mousehat. Here is the mail. Sorry it's on fire."

"OH MY GOD IT'S THE DEVIL! Sidney! Sid-NEY! Get the shotgun and come here!"

"Oh, that won't be necessary. I have my own weapons. Say, is that your dog? He looks delicious." *Crunch!* "Mmmmm, that's a good dog."

On second (and third) thought, perhaps my people skills are insufficient. :D

vlr

Originally posted by Skate Boy

I love everything about my job. I'm a guitar teacher, so it's great. It gets a little tough, but it's fun.:D

you are sooooo lucky - making a living from music is a very very tough thing to do.

When i was a producer i eventually got so fed up with the bitchy music industry that i simply quit, and havent touched a keyboard since. It was a rwal kick though when i got my royalty check from polygram, I wish i'd framed it now.:confused:

Originally posted by Skate Boy

I love everything about my job. I'm a guitar teacher, so it's great. It gets a little tough, but it's fun.:D

:eyeraise:

Erm, did I miss something. Aren't you like, 14-16 years old, and you're a guitar teacher?

And I'm with Darkie. I'd hate it if I had one too :p I will have one once I'm 16 though.

I absolutely love my job to pieces. I work for the British Broadcasting Company (or BBC) in London, at television centre. I do all the running around behind the scenes of shows like "EastEnders", "My Family" and "Have I Got News For You", bringing people things and getting the actors/actresses from their dressing rooms to the stage/studio. I've met people like Barbara Windsor, Paul Merton, Zoe Wannamaker, Jack Ryder and Dale Winton (although not too excited about the last guy... still). I absolutely love it!

However, I am the type of guy who goes unnoticed around the studio. I don't care... I'm watching television unfold before it ever get's shown, and I'm getting paid to do it! Wow! Also, commuting is an nightmare, since I live outside of London in a small town called Farnham. Train journeys are not really my thing... but I'm not complaining. The problem is whenever I try and drive to work it's even worse and I'm late. So, train it is then.

Archived