Home

** CUSTOM TITLES CHANGED - everyone read **

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell you exactly why this is annoying, Mamba and all others who participated. I have at least 20 PMs in my inbox, and I was sporting the name of an admin I don't even like. And now a user whom I've grown an immense dislike for. The entire thing isn't funny, and treating it as though we're just overreacting is completely the wrong tactic. It's a complete waste of my time.

"Three-Headed Monkey"

EDIT: Oh BTW I thought Redwing had changed mine too, but she'd actually changed it only once, to a title that I'd actually asked for on a thread. Redwing is widely misunderstood ;D

Well...I was under the impression that the retitling function was legal. In the 'harmless prank' category. :D Otherwise, you would buy someone a new title by giving them credits.

Anyway, if my retitlements have offended anyone, I humbly apoligize. I will not do it again. A full disclosure of my work...

Yufster: Zoom Rabbit wannabe, and later Sharp-tongued lass

Captain Andy: Zoom Rabbit's play toy

RoyTordesLegend: Mommy's little helper

RayJones: Psycho posse clown

Das Mole: I'm confused!

RoguePhotonic: Quarrelsome teddy bear

There. That's what I did...although I was very, very tempted to stick a Republican label on Silent Thunder as promised. :) As for the whole DJG horsedoodle...

It was retarded. I was a 'DJG' twice. :dozey: I mean, how funny was everyone being called DJG to begin with? Not very. I'm not upset about it...I just tsk the perpetrators for wasting their opportunity for widespread obfuscation on something as idiotic as 'DJG.' You guys could've done titles that meant something, but what you did was take spamming to a whole new level. :rolleyes: Bad form.

Originally posted by Yufster

I'll tell you exactly why this is annoying, Mamba and all others who participated. I have at least 20 PMs in my inbox, and I was sporting the name of an admin I don't even like. And now a user whom I've grown an immense dislike for. The entire thing isn't funny, and treating it as though we're just overreacting is completely the wrong tactic. It's a complete waste of my time.

Go back to MI, you have no friends here. :bdroid2::p

What I want to know is why that feature was ever installed to begin with?

I had mine changed 5 times today alone. What is sad, is that someone took the time to do all of this. Must be time to go back to school, the squirells are bored, and have WAAAAAAAAY too much time on thier hands.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

It was retarded. I was a 'DJG' twice. :dozey: I mean, how funny was everyone being called DJG to begin with? Not very. I'm not upset about it...I just tsk the perpetrators for wasting their opportunity for widespread obfuscation on something as idiotic as 'DJG.' You guys could've done titles that meant something, but what you did was take spamming to a whole new level. :rolleyes: Bad form.

Exactly. I practically challenged the perps to "Do thier worst" as long as it wasn't offensive,.. like the first offering I got which had to do with me sucking some bodily orifice I won't name here. Yeah... Real mature. :rolleyes:

I can think of a dozen or more ways to describe my online persona that an outsider could've have fun with. Something along the lines of "Pretentious gravy-swilling pinhead" would have been creative, acceptable, and funny enough for me to leave indefinitely.

The problem with the joke (or 'prank' if you prefer) that was executed is that it left the impression that only a very small number of people were in on it, and that everybody else were the targets of derisive laughter. It didn't have a feeling of group inclusion by those executing the joke. It felt like a small number of folks, who have deemed themselves elite, were trying to humiliate everyone else, and THAT'S why quite a few folks didn't find it the least bit funny! Nobody wants to be on the butt-end of an insult by a small cadre of people who wish to act superior to the rest of us (and a few folks in this paticular group of jokers have been pulling an obvious superiority trip over those who happen to like the current points system for a while now,) especially when it feels you are being singled out out of such a massive group of people as we have here.

If anyone else without that history behind them had executed this, the reaction may have been a lot different,.. but more than a few people were already sensitive about comments and actions taken by these pranksters from the week before.

I wasn't around back then, but I remember tales of when Ike changed everyone's status at XWA to "maggot," and himself to "King Of The Flies." There might have been a few people who were bothered by that, but I think most people realized it was just a fun gesture by a friend who just happened to be an Admin.

This last event didn't come across like that at all.

What I think was retarded was that they didn't do their homework, I mean, Thrik made me a DJG, sure I was alarmed at first, but how hard is it for me to just to go edit profile and just fix it. If you are going to pick on people, make sure to do your homework and go after someone who can undo your work in less time than it took for you to do it.

In case anyone wondering, I meant they should apoligize to the admins (And those who took it extremely seriously, and made threads and stuff about it) Your seeming to forget that changing hundreds of peoples titles to DJG is gonna be hard work for the admins too. They have to go into the user's profile, and reset the name you gave them. Then do that to Dozens of other users. Believe it orn not, I'm sure the admins could be doing something more productive than that.

Please it was a inside joke, stick to your spamming else where.

He's spamming? :p I would be careful with what your saying, Reaper. ;)

i have a sense of humor, and i knew it was a joke (or at least a pathetic attempt at one), but giving 80 people (more than that, because some have changed theirs back) that title is absolutely ridiculous. in fact, it was just a big waste of time, and i don't think anybody found it offensive at all, even myself, just highly irritating. what's the point? making everybody's custom title say 'djg' isn't exactly a joke, nor is it really funny in any way at all...

it's just the name of an admin. how this is funny, i have no idea, but anyway... why would you do this? it's a horrible waste of time, just plain annoying, and is taking up everybody else's time as well, because they either have to come here and complain about it or change it back.

maybe it's just me, but this is just a big waste of time that is pointless because it's not really even funny, either.

can somebody explain why anybody thinks this is funny?:confused:

Archived