Home

Whats you occupation

DarkLord60

I worked at Best Buy once...that was the worst job I have ever had hands down. Instead of being motivated by comissions...they motivate you by yelling at you and telling you that you are worthless if you don't improve their numbers...all so the managers get bonuses. GRRRRR. I refuse to buy anything beyond a CD or DVD there now bcause I know they make hardly any profit on those.

But, now I am a full-time student (Chapman University, Film Major, Business Admin/German Minor) and try to do web design for $$$ in my spare time.

Swoosh

I'm a student in Year 11. After High school i'm hoping to either get into Computer programming by completing a degree in computer law & science, if not IT, then i'm looking to get into something to do with maths or science, nuclear physics would be fun. I dont have a part time job at the moment so in my spare time i either work on radiant and BehavEd making custom sp maps, at my girlfriend's or i'm out at parties getting tanked :D.

I'm so boring, I'm a student....

...or rather, a prisoner, forced to wear an itchy, wool kilt with an equally itchy wool sweater, all while looking fwagafds...

I gave up public school for this? yes....

I worked at a library over the summer. It was fun, because during the summer there's hardly any book "traffic". I had to quit when school started because my ddickhead of a boss said I had to work at least three shifts, of which i didn't even get to chose:mad: , during the week. It interferred too much with after school activities (Play rehearsals, Art Club (don't join!), Literary Magazine, stuff stuff stuffff..)

I want to be an animator or a grim reaper when i grow up!:)

i'm a technician at a I.T training centre.

my job involves a lot of sitting and waiting for computers to do things..

for insistence, right now i'm fixing a computer that has a bad cluster in the boot sector of the HDD, which is stopping it from booting up.

so i've whipped the drive out and put it as a slave on another computer and now i'm running disk doctor & speed disk (Norton’s version of scandisk & defrag, which for this particular problem is better suited than MS's system tools.)

anyway.. the plus side is i get to come here and waste some time :)

Oh, I got a raise. I got a 35 cent raise after working there for three months. Everyone was like "Wow, you got the good raise." Later, I was supposed to get a 6 month raise, but the manager forgot. I came to her after 8 months and asked for it, and she says "Since I forgot, I'll give you a 5 cent bonus in your raise." How nice of you. :o

I hated working there.....

Originally posted by Luke Sirra Jedi

I'm a student in Year 11. After High school i'm hoping to either get into Computer programming by completing a degree in computer law & science, if not IT, then i'm looking to get into something to do with maths or science, nuclear physics would be fun. I dont have a part time job at the moment so in my spare time i either work on radiant and BehavEd making custom sp maps, at my girlfriend's or i'm out at parties getting tanked :D.

Thats the career I am pushing towards.

Right now I'm a full time freshman at Mojave H.S.(Trpr-Undr-Fire will know what I'm talking about) in N. Las Vegas, NV. Next year I am going to apply at ATTC or A-Tech(Once again, Trpr-Undr-Fire will know what I'm talking about) for Computer Technology. If i get the job, I bet I'l be the only one who will know about making it look cool for gaming(aka lighting, water cooling, etc). If I can get that done, I can probably get a job working n computers. At least I'l be a cool nerd :D Like Siv ;)

Originally posted by BawBag™

Siv - Do you get the pleasure of telling people in the office "they shouldn't have done that" when it comes to computers? Or is it not that good yet? :p

and make people feel stupid? of course i do! i worked hard for my qualifications, i think i've earned that right. :D

i'm only joking.... i didn't work hard for my qualifications :p

Originally posted by BongoBob

Right now I'm a full time freshman at Mojave H.S.(Trpr-Undr-Fire will know what I'm talking about) in N. Las Vegas, NV. Next year I am going to apply at ATTC or A-Tech(Once again, Trpr-Undr-Fire will know what I'm talking about) for Computer Technology. If i get the job, I bet I'l be the only one who will know about making it look cool for gaming(aka lighting, water cooling, etc). If I can get that done, I can probably get a job working n computers. At least I'l be a cool nerd :D Like Siv ;)

Oh yeah Mojave...Wasn't your school next to a pig farm??? Damn I hated going to your school for baseball and football. You live on the other side of town from me, I went to Basic...That's where I got my Basic edjimacation :p. But sadly I still live in Henderson, only now I live at least 30 minutes from my parents, which gives me time to baracade the door :D.

Oh that's cool, so you go to A-Tech, my cousin goes there and he is working for a degree in electronics.

Originally posted by Siv

and make people feel stupid? of course i do! i worked hard for my qualifications, i think i've earned that right. :D

i'm only joking.... i didn't work hard for my qualifications :p

Your telling me - "Anyone want an HNC in engineering?" That was how I got it.........

It's just our I.T guy has a pretty sweet job, when your comp breaks he sorts it out with a comment making you look like a baboon at using a computer...... :mad:

:p

Home school student (start between 8:30 and 9 AM, and end between 4 and 5 PM)

Volunteer at an elementary school (Fridays from 1-3 in the library)

Volunteer at a swimming pool (actually in the water making sure kids don't drown themselves :D 9 AM- 3 PM Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (Friday ends at 11:15 so I can go to the elementary school) This job ends tomorrow

Writer of fiction (working on two stories right now, one for school and one on my own time) I hope to get published sometime.

I also do the occasional babysitting job for the people across the street and some people we know through church. (These are the jobs that I get money from. Money to go to Germany! Next summer)

I have recently realized that I'm going to turn 18 next summer :eek:

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

I don't have an occupation, too young...:(

But, I would consider myself a web designer, programmer, and fututre writer. I have several stories as well that I want published.

(Hey wildjedi, maybe we could exchange stories! :D )

How young are you again.

Archived