Home

Official Asteroids Thread

Andy867

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Andy867

I hear that with the hosting company of Amidala's server, you can live in Europe and get a ping between 90-150 because of its awesome connection.

I confirm that, Amidala Chop Shop is the only non EU server where I get <200 pings. *curses his crappy connection*

I hear that with the hosting company of Amidala's server, you can live in Europe and get a ping between 90-150 because of its awesome connection.

The IP address is 66.98.188.141 if you would like to test your ping.

If you don't want to launch the game, Start>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt

ping 66.98.188.141

It will ping 4 times and give you the high, low, and average.

Or connect to the server for a more realistic test. Right now it's set up for debugmelee fighting with punches, kicks, headlocks, throws, and xMod2 flipkicks. Just remove all points from Saber Attack and /kill to respawn. Mind Trick, Absorb, and Grip are available, and the bots have no Seeing, Grip, Push, or Absorb. You can either go Light side to sneak up on the bots and get them in a headlock, or go Dark side and practice your grip-kicking. Or Push them into a void because they have no resistance to Push.

Reply from 66.98.188.141: bytes=32 time=39ms TTL=48

Reply from 66.98.188.141: bytes=32 time=40ms TTL=48

Reply from 66.98.188.141: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=48

Reply from 66.98.188.141: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 66.98.188.141:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbspPackets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 <0% loss>,

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbspMinimum = 39ms, Maximum = 44ms, Average = 41ms

like I said, its a fast server:)

Originally posted by Giddamon

I confirm that, Amidala Chop Shop is the only non EU server where I get <200 pings. *curses his crappy connection*

Whoa, thats good news. For me *any* server for JA that gets me a ping under 200 (with my paltry 1 Meg cable...) is good news, which is one of the main reasons MP never really took off on my PC.

Originally posted by SD_Radical_Ed

aghhh!!!! whens it gonna come out! i wanna use the vehicles! ive been waiting for 3 months for a tie fighter and y wing to be released! cant.... wait..... much..... longer....... :monkbomb: *bangs head on table*

just go play the other flight maps when you wait. :)

Originally posted by Willychu

Umm, sorry if this seems late, but we would be able to tell if the TIEs were specially outfitted with hyperdrives. Those things aren't tiny, and TIEs are.

it doesn't matter, just the fun does :p there could be made a modification on the hyperspace animation...

whats the status on asteroids?

Because the Asteroids map is intended to be TFFA, there is something I hope you considered, because it is a common problem with TFFA:

suicide runs

Some idiots think it is cool to switch to the other team then kill themselves over and over, either with /kill or by jumping into voids or lava. This results in the team losing a point for every self-kill; sometimes the team ends up with a negative score when suicides exceed real points. Then they switch back to their original team and pat themselves on the back for being "clever":rolleyes:

There might be nothing you can do other than make it hard to kamikaze.

Archived