Home

Bush meets Aresen

In an attempt at somewhat a good convo. I've decided to ask you guys what you think of Bush. Now - this could get ugly I know. But we are all in good humour and I think that we can have a good convo. I'm not looking for all kinds of political blah blah blah - for that I would go to the senate, if I wanted a thread that didn't consist of somthing along the lines of Bush wearing Panties....

Now I like him, and I know that a lot of people don't. I'm still going to vote for him. Now there are some turn offs to him. I like that he goes and kicks everybodies ass - but I'm turned off by the no gay marriages and a bunch of VERY Conservative hooplah. I don't really like any of the other candidates although...we haven't heard too much from them yet.

What is your take on all this?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like his plans to visit mars. i am not sure if he does this for humanity at all BUT..

i think mars/space skills are a very important thing for us on our way to survive as species.

that doesnt means he is the best human n stuff, i dont know if i would like him if i knew him BUT there are people i definitly dislike more.

but i dont know him pretty well since i am german and the media, y'know.. well i dont trust them too much.. :rolleyes:

;)

despite his economy plans he's done and taken care of, there's still lack in jobs

and frankly the money we put in Iraq, should have gone to jobs here first.

Not that Iraq didn't have to be delt with or not, but there are alot of important things out there then just finishing what SR didn't...

Bush is fine with me. After years of democratic leadership, it's good to get a conservative back in there. I'll probably end up voting for him again. I'm just not a big fan of either of the major political parties.

As far as his policies go, I don't have a problem with any......though my parents bitch about how he wants to go to Mars when social security is all messed up. But that's their deal. *shrugs*

This year my vote goes to A.B.B. --- Anybody But Bush. (But as a Self-Proclaimed, Card-Carrying, Lifetime-Member Massachussetts Liberal what did you really expect me to say?)

He truly scares me,.. but to be honest it's not really all him. I think I could like G.W.B. had he another cabinet behind him. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Rove... those are the guys who really give me the creeping horrors.

And whatever happened to the notion of Republicans being the party of fiscal responsibility?

I really don't know what I think of Bush. I liked him (better than Gore, anyway) when he was elected. I alternated between not minding him and thinking of him as clownish all his term...now I just don't know what I think of him.

What does he have against gays, anyway?

I do have a feeling that most of what Bush says isn't even coming from him, more from his cabinet and the other people behind him...

I honestly think he's a closet gay himself?

Anyone with "gay-dar" know - because I'm sensing some hidden homosexuality there. I think he's outlawing Gay Marriages because he secretely has hidden frustrations....

Don't believe me...look at mrs. bush. or is there a "mrs bush"....

Don't read too much into it... it's called "election-year playing to your base." All politicians do it: Pandering to the wishes of the people who put you in office in order to assure they re-elect you. It's highly doubtful that the Conservative Christian Right would suddenly withhold thier votes for Bush in favor for a Kerry or a Dean if he appeared wishy-washy on this particular issue, but it's a chance he (or is it Carl Rove?) apparently appears unwilling to take.

Originally posted by Deac

I'll say this: He ain't popular in England. But then again, we've our own dodgy leader to worry about.

You people haven't liked one of your Prime Ministers since Neville Chamberlain.

As for the topic at hand. I agree with GWB in a few places, but I also disagreee with him in a few more places. Things like Gay Marriage, edlib is right and will probably never be addresses by a republican president, for fear of losing the support of the Christian Coalition (see:facists) types.

I don't have much hope for any of the Democratic candidates, although i did like Howard Dean's speech the other night. I know its been getting a lot of scrutiny over the last few days, but I think he did the right thing. He rallied his troops after a tough loss, I think it was very appropriate to do.

Bush railroaded this country into invading a foreign nation and overthrowing its entire government in pursuit of one dangerous individual. He went directly against world opinion as expressed in the UN, drumming on the tired phrase 'weapons of mass destruction' as an excuse for us to do whatever we feel necessary, and committed thousands to violent death in the teeth of modern combat. Later, when the 'weapons of mass destruction' turn out to be nonexistant...we are somehow supposed to accept that removing that one dangerous individual from power was worth it all. Meanwhile, the youth of Iraq are crushed beneath the boot heel of war, countless lives are shattered along with the infrastructure, the world quietly learns that the US is capable of naked aggression, and the American people are expected to fund the whole adventure with hundreds of billions of tax dollars.

:dozey: Suffice it to say, I will vote for Pee-Wee Herman before I'll ever vote for Bush.

Originally posted by Kylilin

You people haven't liked one of your Prime Ministers since Neville Chamberlain.

What makes you think we liked Chamberlain? That guy was dumb enough to believe Hitler would be satisfied if we gave him back all the land we took after the First World War.

But we did like Churchhill, now....Pitt the Elder...

What makes you think we liked Chamberlain? That guy was dumb enough to believe Hitler would be satisfied if we gave him back all the land we took after the First World War.

But we did like Churchhill, now....Pitt the Elder...

So everybody has a stupid leader, what can we do?

it's us who vote for the stupid leader, so who are we to blame but who voted for em.

but of course thsoe who don't vote at all, don't have a right to bitch anyway

setting that aside, Time to overthrow our goverments!!! =D

j/k

Bad Deac! you only talk about history concering Wild West :D.

As deac said bush is not the most popular guy over here, but to many hes a damn sight better then blair. Must...kill....blair.......

I dont like the way he made a mockery of the UN though

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Zoom Rabbit

Bush railroaded this country into invading a foreign nation and overthrowing its entire government in pursuit of one dangerous individual. He went directly against world opinion as expressed in the UN, drumming on the tired phrase 'weapons of mass destruction' as an excuse for us to do whatever we feel necessary, and committed thousands to violent death in the teeth of modern combat. Later, when the 'weapons of mass destruction' turn out to be nonexistant...we are somehow supposed to accept that removing that one dangerous individual from power was worth it all. Meanwhile, the youth of Iraq are crushed beneath the boot heel of war, countless lives are shattered along with the infrastructure, the world quietly learns that the US is capable of naked aggression, and the American people are expected to fund the whole adventure with hundreds of billions of tax dollars.

:dozey: Suffice it to say, I will vote for Pee-Wee Herman before I'll ever vote for Bush.

I agree with you 110% BUSH IS A MORON! I look at him and all i see is a broken bulb hanging over his head.

He ran our country into the ground, screwed our economy over, and, after many lost lives and money wasted, FINALLY caught the man who had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

He's a duck humping chuckle-f*ck who couldn't even control his own daughters yet we expect him to control our country. And lets not get into all this marine or peace corp thingy where he says he served but not one d@mn person has come forward.

Archived