Home

*kicks computer*

obi

First, let me just say, I am surprised I can get on now. My ocmputer's HD crashed the day before yesterday, and we lost everything. EVERYTHING. I don't have my speedband anymore, or a decent version of windows. I'm running windows 95 as I speak. Someone, Shoot me.

My computer runs only 2% of the time statistically, so I won't be able to get on for about at least another week or so. Maybe more. Holy Crap.

Anyway, just letting you guys and gals know where I am.

I have to re-install everything again. Including WMP, Winamp, all my games, my usb ports......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'd use a smilie right now, but it would take 20 minutes for this POS to load it. So untill this thing is worked out, I'll be gone.

I expect a cake upon my return. Oh yes, there had better be cake.

Originally posted by leXX

Aw, that sux.

Damnit, good point. Looks like I'll have to. =(

*starts mopping*

Dont you lift a finger lexx... whats happenned to chivalry these days..... darn those male mods ! :p

*sends mop disguised as mauls lightsaber to Groovy*

Obi.....you havent lived until you have had *several* HUGE computer crashes.......

I lost a HD with 100s of family digital pics, including Valentines, Xmas etc pics for the last 3 years. Unfortunately I hadnt backed them up, and they went in a second when the HD decided to die...... needless to say the lady was hardly impressed..... and it wasnt even my fault..... :(

Moral of the story :

*Back Up important files, especially photos, anything that can never be replaced again....

*If all that has happenned is a crash and you just have to reinstall stuff, things could be worse.....

Taken from "Astro's School of Hard PC Knocks"

Hope to see you back Obi, maybe try not to overload you HD with disturbing pics of yourself next time, HDs can only tolerate so much..... :p

mtfbwya

On a friend's computer for a minute, so I thought I'd check in right quick.

leXX, you go sit back on your throne. Have Groovy or Jed or Dath or some other poor fanboy do my mopping:D

Well here's the dealio, folks.

Looks like I'm getting Windows XP and some other upgrades along with the computer fixing thing. I guess SOME good is going to come out of this after all.

Now, If you'll excuse me, I'll be off to my paid vacation. I mean, non-paid vacation. I mean uh.....not having a computer.

Bye bye for nows.

*waves*

Archived