Home

Saddest scene in a Star Wars Movie

txa1265

Which Scene is Saddest/Most Emotional?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which Scene is Saddest/Most Emotional?

• (ANH) - Luke Returns to the Charred Homestead
    • (ESB) - No, that's not true, that's impossible!
    • (RotJ) - Anakin's dying, Luke trying to save him
    • (TPM) - QuiGon's Death, ObiWan's Grief
    • (AotC) - Shmi Skywalker's Death, Anakin's failure
    • Other - please specify and explain
    • (TPM) - Jar Jar talks to Obi & QuiGon, we see he's a main character

I picked the scene in AotC. People give Hayden Christianson a rough time, but I think he is great as Anakin. That scene takes him from desparation to love to childish beliefs to fear to grief to anger and to rage. Pernilla August is great as Shmi, and the scene just gets me each time.

Mike

yoda's death was quite sad... and anakin's

and the dead ewok... jub-jub!! :(

Shmi's death is sad.. but then you want to see anakin get angry and kill everyone.

qui-gon's was inevitable, so there wasn't any surprises there.

so... i don't know, i'll go with jub-jub... poor little furball :crybaby:

the jar-jar option is much needed. :)

Yeah, I have to say the Schmi death scene is pretty emotional. Even though Schmi's death was a bit over-acted, seeing the shock on anakins face, then turning into rage, with perfect accompanying music by J Williams.... I also think the TPM parting scene between ani and is mother is pretty sad. when you watch it in retrospect its emotional impact hits home even more....

mtfbwya

It was hard to pick a single scene from each movie, so I did it as I remembered from first viewing. It is important to note that means that when I saw ESB I was *totally* blown away by the 'I am your father', and there was a 3 year WTF while everyone tried to figure out if it was real or a ploy, and about the 'other'.

For ANH, I could also have chosen the destruction of Alderaan or Ben's Death.

For ESB, I could have chosen the carbon freeze scene.

For TPM, there was Anakin's Departure,

For AotC, the final scene in the Jedi Council chamber is not sad or emotional, per se, but the down feeling casts a heavy shadow ... begun this clone war has.

For RotJ, there were many choices:

- Yoda's death - but for me that was overshadowed by the revelation.

- The Ewok dies - that actually started this thread - I was listening in the car this morning, and heard that section and though about my (now 7) son crying when the ewok dies ...

- Anakin's death - I selected this because here you have the greatest evil villian in movie history, who has just fought an epic battle against the great hero of the greatest set of movies ever (this is my thoughts from 1983), and now he has gone through redemption and Luke is trying to save him and he is dying and everything is just coming apart ... it was something.

Mike

It was hard for me to choose between Shmi and Jar-Jar...but I went with Shmi because when you get right down to it, Jar-Jar amounts to nothing more than a pathetic attempt at comic relief that turned out to be an utter failure. He didn't really deserve my vote.

Archived