Home

New nation? (I think not)

Guardian Omega

Originally posted by IG-64

Boo, i'm christian, and I think these people, ahem, "activists", are just giving christians a bad name. X|

I can't agree more.

As for the gay marriage thing, that is their thing/decision (Sorry, I really think it is a decision. I chose my girlfriend. I chose to date females. People choose who to be with.)

As for S.C. secceding(sp?) AGAIN is kind of stupid. [Fanatic voice]Alright everybody, we're all heading to South Carolina and we're going to start our own country. And they're not going to stop us!!![/Fanatic voice]

Are people really that ignorant?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by manoman81

As for the gay marriage thing, that is their thing/decision (Sorry, I really think it is a decision. I chose my girlfriend. I chose to date females. People choose who to be with.)

So you choose who you feel attracted to?

How convenient ;)

Originally posted by GonkH8er

Sorry, are you from the south? Get out now, my friend :) you dont belong!

I know it seems a bit general, but from what I've seen, they value education less in those southern "redneck" states. Just a personal observation :)

I'm from the south. And I'd like to say that I'm laughing my ass off at the fact that a guy from a country whose biggest international exports are Crocadile Dundee, Crocadile Hunter, and Crocadile Olivia Newton John is actually making fun of me.

Somehow, with the entertainment that comes out of that country, I just never thought of it as a hotbed for intelect and education. In fact, I actually thought you had to be borderline retarded to enjoy Australian entertainment. So Crocadile GonkH8ers comments ammuse me. No offense taken at all, mate! Crikey!

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

I'm from the south. And I'd like to say that I'm laughing my ass off at the fact that a guy from a country whose biggest international exports are Crocadile Dundee, Crocadile Hunter, and Crocadile Olivia Newton John is actually making fun of me.

Somehow, with the entertainment that comes out of that country, I just never thought of it as a hotbed for intelect and education. In fact, I actually thought you had to be borderline retarded to enjoy Australian entertainment. So Crocadile GonkH8ers comments ammuse me. No offense taken at all, mate! Crikey!

I'm sorry Gonk, but that is probably the funniest thing I have read a long time......

*Is from Georgia*

:D

And I happen to be a "redneck." We don't mate with our sisters, we don't marry sheep, we don't all spit in little pots. I happen to have a quick wit, and it would probably match or may even beat that Aussie mind of yours. :p

Don't hate us because we choose to believe in something you don't.

Stereotypes suck. If you use one without even visiting the Southern portion of the United States, that's not saying much for your character, gonky!

(I still wub you, though! =) )

*reads news article*

Ha...hehe...BAH HAHAHA(laughing for half-hour)HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Whew, I love it when religion makes an ass of itself so I don't have to.

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

on a sidenote, can't we just send kain in to supress them all?

Yes yes, I agree.:D

I'm from the south. And I'd like to say that I'm laughing my ass off at the fact that a guy from a country whose biggest international exports are Crocadile Dundee, Crocadile Hunter

those movies and shows were made in america, by america company's... so they're actually American. Steve Irwin is from Australia, but that doesn't make his show australian. Also it's spelt crocodile. ;)

And Olivia Newton John can sing very good. Kthnxbai.

And lay off obi, I may not agree with him, but he's good people.

Atheism is also sad, no religion is to have no outlook on life, or death. It's a false short-cut past the ultimate decition. Where life ends in death, and there is nothing for eternity.

To have religion is to have hope.

That's the problem with the crutch of religion. Believers lean on the false hope that there is some "everlasting life," "afterlife," "eternal life," "reincarnation," etc. -depending upon your given (if any) belief system.

Atheists and agnostics, however, typically view this life as all you get. As such, you live it right and to the fullest. In order to "live forever" you must leave a legacy of good deeds and actions. They don't go on with life with the false hope that they'll get a second chance if only a certain protocol of belief and faith is maintained before death (i.e. John 3:16). Instead, atheists and agnostics try to get it right the first time; the only (in all probability) time.

But since matter can neither be created nor destroyed, I'm assured eternal existance. I just won't be aware of it.

Christian Republic? What? I don't get it. This country isn't some Middle Eastern country run by a certain religion. I'm Hindu.

Anyway, this is crap. Even if it happens, I have a fleet of 20 Imperial-class II Star Destroyer waiting in orbit to disentigrate (spelling?) them, err, I mean, I'm just not gonna get involved in this..........

As far as I'm concerned, if the general population of South Carolina wants to secede, they can go ahead and try.

Even if these wackjobs could get the support of the majority, the US would hit them with nothing but embargos. Further still, why would ANY of the Middle Eastern countries want to sell oil to a self-proclaimed Christian fundalmentalist country? One that was even moreso than the US. A new "country" would never survive.

Yeah, I can see this movement is going places...

Stereotypes, boy! Stereotypes! 90% of Australians hate steve irwin with a passion, because of the image he portrays of our country.

Personally I'd say our biggest exports are out actors and actresses (Nicole Kidman, Rusesel Crowe, Eric Bana). Those idiots your mentioned are just the ones who have may themself shallow and gimicky in the public eye to boost tourism.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Stereotypes suck. If you use one without even visiting the Southern portion of the United States, that's not saying much for your character, gonky!

(I still wub you, though! =) )

I've travelled through the US extensively, obi. It's not a sterotype based on what I've seen in popular culture media. It was an observation I made :) But if my observation is still making baby jesus cry, then I'll withdraw it for the sake of harmony :D

I say encourage them to secede... I really like the idea of knowing they are all in one place where the rest of us pagan liberal scum can keep an eye on them. :joy: We'll see which nation fails first.

Fundamentalist extremist fanactics are always a problem... be they Muslim, Christian, or other...

As a liberal citizen of the state that inspired all this I am amused by how hard others who don't live around these parts are taking it all.

Even our own governor (an out-of-stater himself) has revived an old, mostly forgotten and long ignored law about not marring folks from out-of-state if they can't prove that thier union will be legal where they came from.

I, for one, support this. Sure,.. now all the gay couples from around the country who wish to get married will now be forced to more here to make it fully legal. It will be great for the local economy!

And I sure hope they all remember register to vote before the next governor's race when they get here. ;)

Well I got an email reply from this christian exodus group.... not exactly what I was hoping for though..

"Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your interest in our efforts at ChristianExodus.org. The organization is a response to recent events in our nation and is consequently in its infancy.

This strategy has been so well received that a tremendous number of e-mail inquiries have come in already. We apologize for this temporary automatic responder, and we will answer your request as soon as possible. Until then, please tell everyone you know about the Exodus!

God bless you,

Cory

Cory Burnell, MBA

President

ChristianExodus.org"

Damn.... foiled again! Hopefully they'll reply to my email. I tried to be as subtle as possible. I was only slightly condescending :) It'll be interesting to see what they say.

I think that idiocy of pretty prevalant in the "mainstream" society no matter where you are in the world. It's no worse in the southern US than the north, or Austrailia or Siberia.

You are always gonna run into some kooks no matter where you are.

Originally posted by Darth Homer

I think that idiocy of pretty prevalant in the "mainstream" society no matter where you are in the world. It's no worse in the southern US than the north, or Austrailia or Siberia.

You are always gonna run into some kooks no matter where you are.

Werd.

Most christians accept that evolution occurred (because its not longer just a theory, people. It's fact)

You cannot truely believe in christianity and evolution at the same time. It is contradictory. And evolution is no fact.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

no man, we're going to free them from tyrannical horror.

And all this time I thought we were going after their weapons of mass destruction...:indif:

Sorry, I really think it is a decision. I chose my girlfriend. I chose to date females. People choose who to be with.)

You chose your girlfriend because you are naturally attracted to her. You just find her to be something you're attracted to. You don't look at someone and say, hmm, I'm going to find her pretty...yes...that's it...Moreover, you choose to date females because you are attracted to females, you don't find beauty in the male form (and why would you, we're such ugly looking fellows, I don't know how women do it) However, homosexuals are the opposite, they just ARE attracted to their own gender.

You cannot truely believe in christianity and evolution at the same time. It is contradictory. And evolution is no fact.

Evolution consists of progressive changes in the gene pool. Eveolution occurs because genetic variation exists in populations and because there is a natural selection favouring organisms that are best adapted to a given environment. Four processes account for most of the changes in genetic characteristics within a population.

1) Mutation, the origin of new genetic capabilities in populations by means of spontaneous heritable changes in genes.

2) Migration, the movement of individuals among subpopulations within a larger popluation

3) Natural Selection, which results from the differing abilities of individuals to survive in their environment

and

4) Random genetic drift, the random, undirected changes in allele frequency that occur by chance in all populations, but particularly in small ones.

It has been observed and thoroughly documented that changes in an organisms genome resulting in alterations to physical characteristics can have either a positive or negative effect. If the changes are beneficial to the animal, and this animal thrives in the environment due to the trait, then the 'normal' animal may then be at a disadvantage. Natural selection then occurs. Survival of the fittest.

Random genetic changes occur.

Natural selection occurs, favouring some animals over others.

Evolution happened. It's still happening. It's slow, but it happens.

It's well documented, and backed up by fossil evidence and DNA analysis/evolutionary trees.

As for the comment on christianity clashing with science, thats only true to an extent. People get different things out of religion. If you put 2 christians in a room together, I'm sure I could find at least 10 sections of the bible they disagree on. Many christians take the genesis creation as literal fact, many as just a story, yet still believe in pretty much anything else. Some take revelations as fact, others as morals and guidelines.

Unless adam and eve were single cell organisms, I dont see the genesis creation as viable explanation for life occuring. Our old school chaplain, an extremely religious bloke, also taught science at my old high school. He was a firm believer in evolution, but also in the teachings of christianity. I never took the time to ask how. I might give him a call.

Anyway, the point is, evolution happened. To deny this is to call every major fossil discovery to date fake. The point is also that there is no "true christian". A person who takes the whole bible as a literal account of the origin of man is no more a christian than someone who accepts jesus as their saviour, etc, but doesn't take genesis creation as truth.

Those who disagree-I may offend you, but this offends me more!

The religious fanatics are right that the tide of immorality must be stopped, but their methods are wrong. Children are prosecuted for praying, by people who claim it interferes with their rights. People say free speech allows you to burn the flag, but not say the pledge to it in schools. People abort pregnancies that they never should have started. Marriage, an institute of religion, is being perverted by people. Homosexuality is seen as perfectly acceptable, when it is actually either a genetic illness or a weakness from God we are supposed to overcome. Any speech against those who commit these immoral acts is considered hatefull, yet their speech toward us is perfectly acceptable.

People say that evolution disproves the Creation, but there is no concrete evidence of either happening. (and maybe evolution was God's method of creation. Who knows?) We are considered fools for taking things on faith, yet people are willing to believe anything a scientist tells them.

Archived