Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New computer:

* Antec Sonata III 500 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Case

* Antec Earthwatts EA500 500W ATX12V v2.0 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

* ASUS M3A78 Pro AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

* VisionTek Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

* AMD Phenom 9950 BLACK EDITION 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ 140W Quad-Core Processor

* XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler

* OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 Dual Channel Memory

* 2 Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives (for RAID 1, I'm so sick of HD failures)

* Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse

* ASUS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA

* Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2

Make sure you watch the mini series of BG first, just in case you are new to it (which I very much doubt, but just in case). :)

The North American release of Season One comes with the miniseries, so no worries there. :) And I'm definitely not new to BSG, but it's so good to have it on DVD and the ability to watch it whenever I like now. :D

New computer:

* Antec Earthwatts EA500 500W ATX12V v2.0 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

* VisionTek Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

* 2 Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives (for RAID 1, I'm so sick of HD failures)

Sexy stats, Sam. A few queries, though... Why'd you go with AMD? The Intel line of quads is by and large still superior to anything AMD puts out and at pretty much the same price. And you got 4 GBs of RAM, but not an OS that can recognize all of it, why?

New computer:

How'd the pricing for that turn out? Do you have the overall cost?

Sexy stats, Sam. A few queries, though... Why'd you go with AMD? The Intel line of quads is by and large still superior to anything AMD puts out and at pretty much the same price. And you got 4 GBs of RAM, but not an OS that can recognize all of it, why?
I like AMD and to be honest I'm not too worried about a few FPS' difference. With the cooler I'm probably going to be able to OC to ~3 Ghz, that'd be nice too. I thought about getting Vista 64, but I've tried Vista and I dislike it. RAM shouldn't be a problem anytime soon, anyway...

How'd the pricing for that turn out? Do you have the overall cost?
The overall pricing, including shipping and rebates, is ~ $1160.

And you got 4 GBs of RAM, but not an OS that can recognize all of it, why?

I thought about getting Vista 64, but I've tried Vista and I dislike it.

*Shudders*

xpdesktop.png

Uhhggg...

Oh, and before I forget, two games I've bought over Steam recently:

PCBrothersinArmsRoadtoHill30.jpg

$10 - Really fun, even got the sequel from Goozex for $1 and 100 points, which is $5 in fake money.

31632_Stalker2Front_normal.jpg

$40 - Got a small discount, which fit perfectly for the sales tax... because of the stupid delay I paid for it in full and tried to then obtain it in a morally questionable way, sadly I screwed up with that and will have to still f*ckin wait. AAAARRRHHGGG!

tie needs 8 gigs of ram because he is a professional video editor and renders high def 3d animations while playing portal and listening to teddy bear music forgot about all that sry bro

I actually have two very cheap 1GB sticks of RAM with a 8800GT and a 6400+ AMD AM2 socket CPU inside of a refurbished Compaq tower that I bought over a year ago for under $400 - just replaced the RAM and CPU, and added a nice video card. Also, you should ask IG-64 about that kind of stuff with the editing and animation and shizzle... and don't dis Honest Bob, Bongo and I will both stomp your ass out. >:V

Archived