Home

Made out like a bandit today.

*NO PIC ZOMG*

Pair of Jean Shorts and a pair of Jean Pants (size 44 too w00t weight loss :p )

776bgMultiColor.jpg

WoW Alliance Pin (wished they had some more, but this was the only one left)

g15227kxudm.jpg

Mechassault - $3 used at EBGames :D

B000MJB0H6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V46937889_SS500_.jpg

*pic shamelessly stolen from above*

Pokemon Diamond - $30 at Costco

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may get me austrisized from the community, but what ever. I absolutely HATE Guitar Hero. I don't get it. I have seen countless people having gobs of fun with it on the interactives in my store, so when it came out for 360, I grabbed one. All I have discovered about this game, is that I am no Guitar God, in fact I am not even a peasant. I have no rythm/hand/eye coordination what so ever. So...after several attempts, I traded that bad boy in, along with my old 20GB hard drive (replaced with the uber cool 120GB hard drive), and a hand full of games and controllers I had laying around. I made about $158, so I traded it in towards something smaller:

dsc00030dw7.jpg

I never in a million years thought I would own a DS but times change, and I have played both of these games, and you have to be dead to not have fun playing them!

PS: This image was taken with my new digital camera that I got for my birthday. My computer has a groovy pro duo card reader built in the front so I can upload my images quicker than ever. I lurve it so!

This may get me austrisized from the community, but what ever. I absolutely HATE Guitar Hero. I don't get it. I have seen countless people having gobs of fun with it on the interactives in my store, so when it came out for 360, I grabbed one. All I have discovered about this game, is that I am no Guitar God, in fact I am not even a peasant. I have no rythm/hand/eye coordination what so ever. So...after several attempts, I traded that bad boy in..

Uh oh, you're one step away turning into those old men who try to defile and belittle any sort of entertainment or innovation that can confuse them and doesn't bring an instant feeling of nostalgia for those better days when men were men, women were women, and guitars were actually guitars.

I'm just saying, you probably should've kept Guitar Hero anyway and practiced, since you obviously lacked all the skills to play it.

(Not that I play it, though. I have an actual guitar, and being able to play an actual guitar is infinitely better and cooler than having a fake plastic one that only lets you play the notes some programmer wants you to.)

This may get me austrisized from the community, but what ever. I absolutely HATE Guitar Hero. I don't get it. I have seen countless people having gobs of fun with it on the interactives in my store, so when it came out for 360, I grabbed one. All I have discovered about this game, is that I am no Guitar God, in fact I am not even a peasant. I have no rythm/hand/eye coordination what so ever. So...after several attempts, I traded that bad boy in, along with my old 20GB hard drive (replaced with the uber cool 120GB hard drive), and a hand full of games and controllers I had laying around. I made about $158, so I traded it in towards something smaller:

dsc00030dw7.jpg

I never in a million years thought I would own a DS but times change, and I have played both of these games, and you have to be dead to not have fun playing them!

PS: This image was taken with my new digital camera that I got for my birthday. My computer has a groovy pro duo card reader built in the front so I can upload my images quicker than ever. I lurve it so!

I just got off playing GH2, you playing it at easy? It's impossible for newbs to play anything but easy on that game. Once you spend enough time by yourself and get better it gets fun.

Also, my Mario Kart Friend code is 055925 - 969816. So we can play if you have wireless in your house.

You don't understand, I'd go to hard if that orange fret wasn't so painfully far away.

It's not painfully far away. You just need to suck it up and get used to it. And it's not like you're going to immediately get the hang of it. It took me at least 2 or 3 days of sucking til I got used to it. Now I can play the songs on hard and some on expert.

Btw, Frets On Fire is not easier than Guitar Hero by much, as yesterday at best buy I was kickin ass on both the PS2 and 360 versions of GH2. Got 5 stars on Sweet Child O' Mine on hard on my first try.

Note to all. YES, I was playing GH2 on easy. I even got the achievement for failing a song on easy...which added to my frustration. Nothing like having a video game that makes fun of you. The only song I didn't mess up on was "Surrender". I have to agree with Tyrion on this one, if you are going to practice at something, practice on a REAL guitar. See, I am from the generation of those who played video games for fun, and I was NOT having any fun with Guitar Hero, so what ever.

Note to all. YES, I was playing GH2 on easy. I even got the achievement for failing a song on easy...which added to my frustration. Nothing like having a video game that makes fun of you. The only song I didn't mess up on was "Surrender". I have to agree with Tyrion on this one, if you are going to practice at something, practice on a REAL guitar. See, I am from the generation of those who played video games for fun, and I was NOT having any fun with Guitar Hero, so what ever.
Want some cheese with that whine?

It's not painfully far away. You just need to suck it up and get used to it. And it's not like you're going to immediately get the hang of it. It took me at least 2 or 3 days of sucking til I got used to it. Now I can play the songs on hard and some on expert.

Btw, Frets On Fire is not easier than Guitar Hero by much, as yesterday at best buy I was kickin ass on both the PS2 and 360 versions of GH2. Got 5 stars on Sweet Child O' Mine on hard on my first try.

I'd play GH2 more often if the songs weren't so lame...

That's only because it a matinée. If I were to go to an evening show, it would cost $11. :dozey: Too expensive in my opinion for the theatre I am going to. If I were to go to the nice theatres that have awesome seating and bigger screens and theatre space, it would cost me $10.95. For IMAX, it's only $3 more at $13.95, but those theatres are too far away for me to get to.

Man, the the super nice "expensive" theater around here maxes out at $9.50 for the late shows and about 6 or 7 for the matinées. Nova theaters, where most students go, is $6 after dinner and $4 for the matinée. Plus, at Nova, popcorn and pop is just an extra dollar when you buy your ticket :D

Advance Wars was tons of fun on the GBA, but I warn you, I really like puppies.

Age of Empires is good, but it IS different from the PC RTS game we have come to know. The difficulty I am having with both AOE and AWDS, is that neither game came with an instruction booklet, and I have to admit that the control scheme on AWDS is a bit overwhelming at first. AOE is not to difficult to figure out. Resident Evil....well it's got everything that the PSONE version came with and I have fond memories of getting aggravated with that one. All of these games I had my eye on when they launched and finally got them now that I own a DS.

AWDS is just one of those games that's addicting as hell, but sometimes is so aggrivating it makes me want to kick puppies or punch babies. Right up there with some fights in Fight Night Round 3 or Ninja Gaiden.

Well first of all let me say that I LOVE strategy games. I love them to death, I really really do. Ever since my introduction to them with Galactic Battlegrounds many years ago. Been hooked ever since. Age of Empires was not at all hard to pick up on. All of the technologies are there, as well as the different ages up to the Feudal Age. I spent many hours earlier this evening on one particular map. Then once I beat that, I moved over to AWDS. I can say I finally got the hang of it. Graphics wise, it doesn't look terribly different from the GBA version. I DID take me some time to get used to the "dual strike" part of the game where you go, and then the other CO goes...provided your other CO is not a scatterbrain. The only trouble I had on AWDS is that the DS battery died in the middle of a pretty intense and heavy map. Which is sad considering I must have played THAT long...but I always do on strategy games. That kind of sucked. I wasn't winning, but I had a good chance at turning the odds. Both games absolutely rule.

Archived