Home

What is a moderator?

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by TK-8252

There are kiddies running around here way younger than ten. Like seven and eight. Can barely figure out what it means to make a "new reply" or what a "FAQ" is. :p

Maybe there are. Maybe there arent. Me myself am........ Bleh I will tell when I get 1250 posts. Therefore the glow option will be your signal.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

Maybe there are. Maybe there arent. Me myself am........ Bleh I will tell when I get 1250 posts. Therefore the glow option will be your signal.

So are you saying that your a little munchkin?

Why would you tell us at 1250posts?

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

how long ago was the point system given up? and why?

it was abandoned just over a year ago

for many reasons...

1. it sucked

2. people were abusing it

3. it really did suck

4. the battle thingy took it's place

5. you suck

:p:D

Originally posted by Sivy

it was abandoned just over a year ago

for many reasons...

1. it sucked

2. people were abusing it

3. it really did suck

4. the battle thingy took it's place

5. you suck

:p:D

What was the point system even for? battles?

Originally posted by MTV2

What was the point system even for? battles?

For every thread/reply you got some points and with these points you could buy some extras, like a name with glow, name in bold/italic, a sticky, a user title,...

Originally posted by Pad

For every thread/reply you got some points and with these points you could buy some extras, like a name with glow, name in bold/italic, a sticky, a user title,...

basically what super mods, mods, and admins get?

but a glowing name! I want that!

Originally posted by Pie™

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if there's any Firefox plug-ins which lets you see the glow?

Oh, that's why we can't see the glow? I just figured they just took the glows out, being lazy enough to also leave the hex-entry in the UserCP. :p

Why doesn't everybody with 1025 posts or over don't have Glow? I mean who doesn't want the Glow?I can't wait till I get glow!or is it that they don't know how to get the glow?

(*mutters*251 posts in 1 1/2 months, 502 posts in 1 1/2 months later(yay new name thing at the top) 1004 posts in 1 1/2 months after 3 moths, then about another 2 days GLOW! Yay! 3 more months!*mutters*)

Originally posted by MTV2

Why doesn't everybody with 1025 posts or over don't have Glow? I mean who doesn't want the Glow?I can't wait till I get glow!or is it that they don't know how to get the glow?

(*mutters*251 posts in 1 1/2 months, 502 posts in 1 1/2 months later(yay new name thing at the top) 1004 posts in 1 1/2 months after 3 moths, then about another 2 days GLOW! Yay! 3 more months!*mutters*)

This post is just one of many reasons why we don't have it anymore.

Believe it or not, there was a time where people would madly post in stupid topics like the "Vs Thread" with such heart felt poetry such as "Darth Vader vs a Bowl of snot", or "Yoda Vs Chicken Nuggets", just so they could get that user custom title thingy in a few days' time.

I think when we did the point system thing, it was that transitional time between LA games and the forums were kind of dead, so we were just trying out things. The point system failed in every aspect. Hacks found ways to post links that would leach points off of people, then people were crying about loosing points/ getting cheated....whatever. The head ache was more than it was worth.

As far as the battle/rpg thing. Never tried. Not interested.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

This post is just one of many reasons why we don't have it anymore.

Believe it or not, there was a time where people would madly post in stupid topics like the "Vs Thread" with such heart felt poetry such as "Darth Vader vs a Bowl of snot", or "Yoda Vs Chicken Nuggets", just so they could get that user custom title thingy in a few days' time.

I think when we did the point system thing, it was that transitional time between LA games and the forums were kind of dead, so we were just trying out things. The point system failed in every aspect. Hacks found ways to post links that would leach points off of people, then people were crying about loosing points/ getting cheated....whatever. The head ache was more than it was worth.

As far as the battle/rpg thing. Never tried. Not interested.

I geuss the point system was chaotic... and with winning a sticky! there would just be so many, that there would be no more for threads and they would be so pointless...

I see now

Archived