Leaked Hallife 3 shot!

GonkH8er

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by GonkH8er

There's no stopping those valve guys!

No there isn't...

... but exactly how long will we have to wait for this game to be released?

After all, most of us can safely expect to be dead in another 6 or 7 decades.

:joy:

Uh....holy ****? :eek:

Is that a photo or a screenshot? If it's a fake screenshot, it's pretty easy to spot, because game dsigners always work on the gameplay before the graphics. I don't see any bars or anything for how much health you have left. If they were this early in the game's making, they wouldn't have worked only on teh graphics to get them this good. Nah, I smell a fake.

Oh my...

I can't belive that people here at our own LFN are so gullible.

It's obviously a picture some bored person took in a neighborhood and edited in the top of a crowbar. Just look at the jaggedness around it, and the way it looks 3D and the rest of the scene doesn't. This didn't get me for a second, I knew it was fake as soon as it popped up on the screen, and it scares me that people here actually belived it. Shame.

I would certainly hope not... I hope the folks around here are a little smarter than that.

I mean; What desktop PC could render graphics like this? It will be at least 10 to 20 generations of CPU and GPU technology before we could ever see anything like that on a desktop and still expect usable framerates. (Hence, my 6-or-7 decades reference.)

Today you would have to couple a Cray supercomputer with ILM's or PIXAR's graphics farm in order to render images like that real-time.

Anyone can tell it's fake.

First: Gordon doesn't have gloves.

Second: The world looks too peaceful, unlike in HL2.

Third: It's just a modern day city, not futuristic, while there should be.

Fourth: If they already had a demo level to take a screenshot from, i'm sure they'd have little details like those stated above aswell.

Fifth: it's too early, since Half-life two isn't out for that long, i don't think they'd have the time to make a new engine, or even upgrade it enough for this level of detail.

'Thank you Doomie, you're only the tenth to figure it out!'

you're welcome. ;)

Archived