Home

Doom movie trailer

Crow_Nest

ok, get out the batcomputer and give me an accurate figure as to how many game--->movie projects turned out any good ? Still wont stop from it making a few million from the 12-15s :p

let me refresh your memories about the crap we have endured in this genre:

*Dungeons and Dragons

*The Mario Bros Movie

*Tomb Raider 1/2(minus angelina its a freakin joke)

*Bloodrayne ??(what ever happenned to that)

*Final Fantasy-Spirits Within

mtfbwya

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Looks pretty kick@ss.

I can't watch it right now, but that is the first time i have EVER heard anyone say anything complimentary about it. :D

Though i hear the FPS sections look cool...

The monsters look like crap. The action looks like crap. The actors look like crap (big whoop for the rock). Looks pretty crappy.

And wasn't this done by Uwe Boll? The god-awful director who's up for a couple razzies?

Originally posted by Khier Serakk

The monsters look like crap. The action looks like crap. The actors look like crap (big whoop for the rock). Looks pretty crappy.

And wasn't this done by Uwe Boll? The god-awful director who's up for a couple razzies?

according to imdb this is directed by andrzej bartkowiak. he did movies like "13 days" "lethal weapon 4" "devil's advocate" and "species"

the trailer looks ok....the monsters kinda look like the demons in the game, but i thought tehy said the movie wasnt gona have demons or some crap like that...

I think some changes have been made since the first news came out, or the first news wan't accurate. It seems to be getting slightly better press since the FPS sections were seen, the demons turned up and the plot seems to have moved back to being a bit more recognisably DOOM.

Originally posted by Kjølen

No flying skulls = No good Doom movie.

And the acting looked like crap.

Probably not gonna see it.

it's just a teaser tho, not even a real trailer.

i dunno. im gonna have to wait till i see more and more info is released before i can make a proper judgement.

One can only hope that the Halo movie will break the mold of crappy movies based on popular video games. They tried to get Ridley Scott to direct, which would have been interesting, but he already turned down two scripts, so that won't happen. However, the recent issue of Game Informer claims that 20th Century Fox, and Universal are debating for the movie rights.

Being a faithful Halo fan, I really hope this one doesn't suck, and breaks the current trend of sucky hollywood movies based on popular video games. Halo actually has a pretty decent story, so I hope they don't **** it up. :(

Halo had a story? I must have missed that... mind you the single player in the first one was so underwealming that i havent bothered with the story on halo 2... maybe it improves... :confused:

A Halo movie is gonna suck... especially if they have already turned down two scripts. I bet they get Paul Anderson to direct... :(

Hey, the Final Fantasy movie wasn't crap. It just... was absolutely nothing like the games (the ones I've seen anyway). So... it doesn't really count :D

As for Halo, well, Microsoft seems determined as hell to break the video game to movie curse to make the smashiest smash hit ever... and awareness of a problem is the first step towards fixing it, right? :x

On topic, Doom looks kinda interesting, but having never played the games, the only "Doom" memory I HAVE is of a giant poster advertising it I saw as a kid. Some military guys on a tiny-table-sized plateau on top of a mountain (I guess) in a barren landscape with red horned demons surrounding them for miles and clawing their way up. It fascinated the hell (pun!) out of me for some reason (possibly because I wasted hours trying to imagine how the poor military guys could possibly escape). But I never did play the games :)

*Dungeons and Dragons - Rox

*The Mario Bros Movie - Meh... Better than I hoped

*Final Fantasy-Spirits Within - Rox

Seriously... If they would make an FF movie, should it be straight from the games? Lists popping up and lines formed when entered a battle. Or maybe just endless random battles throught the whole movie. *Eandom battle* "AAAA!! he's dead! Quickly, revive him with white magic! Hurryhurryhurryhurry!" :rolleyes:

And Mario bros? Should I even go there... "Omigod! I'm little" *bounce* *Sound effect* "Yay! I'm big!"

D&D... Well... "A totally new movie about a group of people... Playing D&D. Blockbuster even before it's release!" :rolleyes:

My god... All those games were original. You just didn't like them because they wren't those 2D or paper&pen games you're used to. I didn't look the movies, thinking about: "Ooh! Random battle! Runaway!" "Yes, take that power-up... No power-ups? This is a total rip-off! I don't like this" and so on.

@LightNinja: These based in games are original in a way. They have the freedom to make it an actual movie not just a 2½ hours of movie about a PC-screen/TV-screen with the games running and someone playing them like zombies. "Ooh, how interesting. Hey, I did that completely different than he did!" And of D&D, the movie could've easily been more than 48 hours long

[/rant]

I just finished watching it ... and wondered why I would ever want to see that?!? I've been a fan of Doom ever sense id announced they were making a game after Wolf 3D about 12 or so years ago. I enjoyed Doom 3 ... but I think that the Doom 3 game trailer was much more interesting and compelling. The movie looks like crap.

Mike

Archived