Home

New Jedi Knight Game Rumors

Weirdbeard

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Quake 3 engine was only 3/4 years old when JK2/JKA came out. Lots of games after JKA used it as well, it's not like it was some terrible engine they tricked you with, its a solid engine :)

Lets hope they wont use the Quake 3 engine in the next game. Lets hope they use Doom 3 Engine as a base and add JK3 elements to that

• 1 month later...

Would love to see the return of Jaden but this time as a master with his own padwan but at the start you should be able to select to do the game from the jedi ending or the sith ending it would make the game so much cooler and more interesting. Also i belive there should be more control from the player over what happens to Jaden and his padwan.

I would want Better Lightsabers so if it's in a wall it cuts the wall or if a person shoves their lightsaber thorugh you you die so if you kill someone with a lightsaber your body is cut off and not that crappy Drop to ground. Also First person lightsaber View That was ownage in JO.

I'm not saying it's terrible, but using Quake 3 twice was Lucasarts' way of getting out of having to make an actual new game.

Sure, but it was also the way to get you another game in just over one year instead of 5 years. Plus it was a much needed upgrade to the multiplayer. While I don't like what they did with sabers, movement is generally much better in jka, no sticky walls, better control over your player, handles high latency much better. Though their hit detection and hitboxes were steps in the wrong direction, it did make improvements.

I'm more interested in getting more Kyle Katarn, or at least know that he and Jan finally married O_o, almost every other jedi has, and I think they deserve at least that little bit of happines (hey SW marriages seems to work hahaha).

I'm more interested in getting more Kyle Katarn, or at least know that he and Jan finally married O_o, almost every other jedi has, and I think they deserve at least that little bit of happines (hey SW marriages seems to work hahaha).
As of around 30ABY they hadn't. :)

Heck, I'd be happy with just new levels, new story, & an expansion pack...even if it used the exact same software as J.A. & the Quake III engine. Come on Lucasarts, milk this thing, I'll still shell out a few bucks for expansion levels.

Sabers being realistic is a given, but in all the JK series games there is 1 common flaw that disappoints me in every release, they dumbed down the guns to be ineffective and most are very inaccurate thus giving the Jedi players an immense advantage. I mean "look here comes a blaster bolt let me step out of the way". Or being able to nearly outrun a rocket, and with force speed actually doing it? None of the Star Wars movies I ever saw had weapons so lame. In JK4 I would like to see weapons as deadly as they should be, and make us Jedi need to be skilled enough and smart enough to beat them.

So before someone says it because I know some are thinking it I will say this. Sure I like 50/50 gunning and saber dueling. And a lot of people think guns are cheap, but if you take a truly skilled force wielding Jedi player up against a Good Gunner even in mods with projectile speed set to a more realistic velocity the skilled Jedi will take the gunner the majority of the time. Some People say "if you like gunning then go play some other game", but I like pitting guns against Jedi and even the reverse or combo on Wild-Tuesdays, lol.

My point is, if Guns were more realistic (meaning according to the Star Wars Universe Reality) the game would be more rounded and appeal to a wider group.

On a side note:

I sincerely hope they make a sequel of some sort of Jedi 1st/3rd Person game for PC because if not I guess I like many others I know will be left behind because I will not buy a console, I heard all the arguments for both sides but I like building my own machines, and modding games and if I swap to a console then there goes the major things about gaming that I love.

>None of the Star Wars movies I ever saw had weapons so lame.

Hmmm, well, in the films, if you put several shooters up against 1 Jedi...the Jedi won. You'd need a whole bunch of shooters from varying directions to take out a Jedi. As for out-running bolts, yeah, that's bad, but dodging isn't...look how Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon ran sideways to dodge the droideka blasts at the beginning of Episode I.

• 2 months later...

I'd just hope a new "Jedi Knight" series game would go back to the series' roots and be a "Dark Forces" game instead.

Jedi are overdone, and they weren't even remotely interesting to begin with. The movies and games went downhill fast when they started with the hocus pocus horsecrap, and the EU books and comics are virtually unreadable because if you've read one, you've read them all. They're all about Jedi, and every Jedi is essentially a carbon copy of the last one. Not to mention all the characters are such sanctimonius prats.

A Dark Forces game with tactical shooter, and puzzle elements would be great. It's always much more rewarding to solve challenges the practical way instead of with some BS superpower which is essentially a "get out of 'playing the game' free" card.

Oh, and non-linearity. It's gotta have non-linearity. Linear levels are plain suck.

Jedi/Sith might be a bit cliché mostly in the EU, but for video games they're still the best choice for a main character, since the majority of Star Wars fans are mad about lightsabers, aren't we? The only significant lightsaber-wielding non-Jedi/Sith types off the top of my head would be Aurra Sing and General Grievous. Thinking of it, that's it! We need a "Star Wars Bounty Hunter 2 - Aurra Sing" game, he he (but for PC this time!)

The only significant lightsaber-wielding non-Jedi/Sith types off the top of my head would be Aurra Sing and General Grievous.

Boba Fett. He fought Vader with a lightsaber. Alright, Vader handed his ass to him, but he still has lightsabers when he wants to use one.

• 3 weeks later...

I would generally want more blaster combat then Lightsaber combat in the next JK game. If they do have one. Personally I would want Kyle's orange jacket and black gloves back. Giving him more of a mercenary sort of feel.

They could split off light saber combat a little. Like have a lot of gun wielders be exceptionally good in the case of a lightsaber. Meaning instead of rushing in with a lightsaber you would need to dodge blaster fire and use cover. As the case with dueling. You could have various complicated moves put in. Removing the Dark Forces style where you just needed to move around in circles. As well, keep light saber combat very difficult and only useful in dueling.

Also I would suggest to make the enemy sith very difficult. Reborns were extremely easy to kill. So naturally when I first faced Desann I suspected the same thing

Also I would suggest to make the enemy sith very difficult. Reborns were extremely easy to kill. So naturally when I first faced Desann I suspected the same thing

Did you ever beat Desann in a 'fair' fight? I couldn't stand how he had so many cheats that Katarn was not allowed, such as being ungripable, could never lose his grip on Katarn, disabling assault sentries without destroying them, perfect deflection of any mine, missile, or grenade, and limitless force energy.

Is Desann truly beatable? How difficult is it for you to beat him?... because I find it impossible without using the pillars to crush him.

I can beat Desann without cheating, he's pretty easy, just use force speed then hack at him with the Blue stance and he dies fairly easy...

also I would like to see a choice between being a sith or a jedi, if there's a new Jedi Knight game, and I would also like to be able to aim down the sights of the guns I'm carrying, that's just a pet peeve of mine. Also I would like to be able to see some ragdoll physics implied in the game, and I'd recommend the engine that was used to make Medal of Honor:Airborne...

Did you ever beat Desann in a 'fair' fight? I couldn't stand how he had so many cheats that Katarn was not allowed, such as being ungripable, could never lose his grip on Katarn, disabling assault sentries without destroying them, perfect deflection of any mine, missile, or grenade, and limitless force energy.

Is Desann truly beatable? How difficult is it for you to beat him?... because I find it impossible without using the pillars to crush him.

Desann was harder to beat then Reborn but easy nontheless. It was possible because I played on Multiplayer for quite a while until I decided to finish the campaign. I just used red style and several dodging tricks that I know.

I personally think kyle katarn should be the main character so you can play him.(Even though kyle is the main person of jedi)

I really did not like jaden korr or rosh.

But i personally think there are not making a new jk game because LC has a record of stop making sequels like what happend to tie fighter and SOTE.

But i hope it's not the case that there will no new jedi knights.

I personally think kyle katarn should be the main character so you can play him.(Even though kyle is the main person of jedi)

I really did not like jaden korr or rosh.

But i personally think there are not making a new jk game because LC has a record of stop making sequels like what happend to tie fighter and SOTE.

But i hope it's not the case that there will no new jedi knights.

Odds are that it won't happen. I think games like Force Unleashed will take on where JK left off. Although I'd like to see Katarn again, I wouldn't hold to hope.

Archived