Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander, how much did the DVDs cost you all together, I need to go pick them up

I few cents under $80 individually. Though, I do suggest you purchase them on Best Buy this week since they are about quite cheap. And I comes with a tin. :D Otherwise, it will cost you a bit more if you go to the stores. Though, I hear Best Buy has a good deal on them this week. :)

Just purchased this! XD

b000fqjaiw01ss500sclzzzzzzzv52369588ci6.jpg

b000fqjajg01ss500sclzzzzzzzv52370536ma9.jpg

b000fqvx7801ss500sclzzzzzzzv52389020nt8.jpg

Same here! Got them tonight... at Toys-R-Us for $19.99 each and I got a $5.00 TRU gift card for each one ($15 total), so that means I payed around $45 for all 3! :D

And I wanna know who this is too' date=' he looks a bit Chinese in those pics. Can RH please explain?[/quote']

Here is a couple links with some info about the 1980 Flash Gordon movie, Ming the Merciless is the Villan in that movie and the whole of the the Flash Gordon series.

And some specifics about Ming The Merciless... on wikipedia, and another site. ;)

Same here! Got them tonight... at Toys-R-Us for $19.99 each and I got a $5.00 TRU gift card for each one ($15 total), so that means I payed around $45 for all 3! :D

Bah I got my copies at Wal-Mart tonight, I paid about $16 each, except I had a Wal-Mart gift card so all three were about $36 total I think :D

Bah I got my copies at Wal-Mart tonight, I paid about $16 each, except I had a Wal-Mart gift card so all three were about $36 total I think :D

To go into a Wal-Mart where I live takes you down two steps... Physically and Socially! :xp:

They were supposed to build a new, larger, and nicer, Wal-Mart here but the people turned it down because of the neighbors N.I.M.B.Y. fears... :(

They were supposed to build a new, larger, and nicer, Wal-Mart here but the people turned it down because of the neighbors N.I.M.B.Y. fears... :(
NIMBY... *goes to Wikipedia* oh I get it now... lol, Wal-Mart is pretty rediculous, where I am in AZ, there are two within 5-10 minutes of where I live, and they are going to add another one about 20 minutes away, well 10 minutes if I drive... ridiculous, back on-topic, my roommate also bought this from Wal-Mart, so I might steal it and give it a try:

927129_65812_front.jpg

I dunno should I?

What exactly is a mo-fo? Can RH please explain?

LMAO :p

Ming The Merciless is a character from a very old space adventure show called Flash Gordon. Star Wars itself owes alot of its inpiration to Flash Gordon. Before George Lucas actually ended up with "The Star Wars: The Adventures of Luke Skywalker" he called the project "my Flash Gordon movie" for quite a few years :p He stole the opening scroll idea from FG :D

mtfbwya

I havent got one of these yet, as they havent been released(due very soon), but am drooling to get one. The Asus r2h mini tablet pc.... sporting full xp(tablet edition), wifi, satnav, digital tv tuner, 1.3mp cam/webcam, can also make sandwiches :D It also has the very sci-fi fingerprint recognition security feature.

it would be ideal for uni, and as a long time pda and (intermittment)tablet pc user i love the stylus handwriting interface of xp tablet/windows mobile

At under 800g. it is half the weight of my blasted laptop.

mmmm.....tablets

b140348.jpg

rest assured, I will be back to show mine off when I do get it :D

mtfbwya

Well, I'm a graphic designer, but not a hardcore gamer, plus, I have 3 computers:

Computer 1:

Pentium D 3.4G Dual Core

2G Memory

nVidia Quadro FX 1400 (Or is it 1500?) 128M (Don't underestiminate it, it's truly amazing!)

ATI Radeon X1300, 256M (It works, but I never use it, just put it in my computer)

2 19" LCD Flat Panel Display: 1 Dell and 1 ViewSonic

600G Hard Drive: 1 400G, 1 200G

All-in-1 Multi-media Card Reader

Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Laser Mouse, My favorite

1 DVD-RW Drive (Not Lightscribe, but my another computer does)

Computer 2: (It is my worst one)

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 G

512M Memory

400G Hard Drive

Intergrated Graphic Card 128M (Believe me, you don't want to hear it)

17" LCD Flat Panel

Lightscribe DVD-RW (I never use it, simply didn't got a chance)

Computer 3:

A laptop.

Intel Centrino Duo, 2.8G

512M Memory

nVidia Gforce Go 7400 (128M)(A good card)

60G HDD

13.3"LCD Flat Panel

Intergrated Cam

Fingerprint Detector

DVD-RW (Dual Layer, but it didn't say it's lightscribe, so I don't think it is)

Well, I'm a graphic designer, but not a hardcore gamer,

*nVidia Quadro FX 1400 (Or is it 1500?) 128M (Don't underestiminate it, it's truly amazing!)

*ATI Radeon X1300, 256M (It works, but I never use it, just put it in my computer)

*nVidia Gforce Go 7400 (128M)(A good card)

John, this thread is mainly to talk about cool new stuff you've bought/acquired or would like... as for your graphics cards...

*A Quadro card.... ONLY a graphics designer would rate the quadro fx card as worth the pcb its printed on :p hehehe I've met CGI artists who rabbit on about them with nothing but reverence. Of course, they are of no use to a gamer or anyone else !

*GeForce FX "GO" (mobile) come with utterly rubbish driver support. Some GPUs nevere even get updated !!!!

The ATI card you listed is the only one I would use if you gave it to me for free :p

I'll stick to my 7950 GX2... :p I may go quad sli eventually but really there are no games that will push the gx2 at the rez I play at(1360x768 - due to my larger monitor size :) )

but enough gfx talk.... back to the "cool stuff" !!

mtfbwya

Archived