Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to posgrad work at uni, Im finding that Im needing a compy on campus and on worksites to work in projects.

A friend of mine's brother owns a notebook store and he offered me this ex display compaq presario laptop at 1/3 price + 3 year warrenty I jumped at the chance. At $600 I ended up with a notebook with specs similar to one I had 4 years ago but cost nearly $4000(which work paid for luckily :)) Upon getting, the first *essential* things I did were:

*Nuke pre-installed XP Home and install XP Pro(the lesser of two evils:p)

*Put on a Salma Hayek wallie :) Mreow !!

laptopz.jpg

but it's strictly for work :) First time Ive used a widscreen LCD though, nice :)

mtfbwya

• 3 weeks later...

24_1_b.JPG

1569711569.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

0399141987.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dark Forces. I recently fonud out about these books and being a HUGE fan of Jedi Knight 2, the BEST game i have ever played EVER in the world EVER. Ever. Ever! That game introduced me to Star Wars, i played it on like 8 hours stretches sometimes, i loved it to bits and it is one of the most culty and amazing games ever. I also believe Kyle Katarn or the actor Jason Court used to shop at the local Coop. We use to exchange the most stark stares and he knew that i knew who he really was. Anyway, one day i passed him as i was in my dad's car on the way to the orthodontist. (Kyle/Jason was at the bus stop) But get this.. about 20 meters away from the bus stop, he looks at me in the car with the most intense gaze ever and we just stared as we drove past. It was THE single freakiest and surreal moment of my life. I never saw him again. He knew i was onto him. He was a jedi. Shortly after this encounter, we went to wales on holiday (me and my family not me and kyle) and for the next 7 days, all i could hear were Stormtroopers. Everywhere. In the car, out in the woods saying Blast em and stand at your post. I kid you not. This is the truth.

Anyway i look forward to any flashbacks these books may induce. The games i got off ebay are also to burn away friday nights :p

hey HerbieZ - if you are a big DF fan dont forget the jedi knight equivalent of the DF Novels, and the ULTRA RARE audiobooks - which I have actually :p

Im a screen junkie, thus my piddly 19"lcd has made way for a samsung 27" WS LCD. Its the largest I would use functionally as a monitor without it becoming ridicoulosly huge. One drawback is that it does make hiding dodgy webpages from girlfriend walking in quite difficult :p

Mons.jpg.8b1ac7bf6925f8f7cfc433bf02c50c9d.jpg

Boya!

MelBrooksBoxSet.jpg

No Spaceballs, but I guess that sells too well on its own. I'm just happy to finally have Men in Tights and Blazing Saddles on DVD.

Mel Brooks needs to make a movie with Bruce Campbell just so we can see this bit of dialouge.

Bruce Campbell: Hail to the King, Baby!

Mel Brooks: Its good to be the king.

hehe

Yay for 1999 standard gaming = EaW :blast5:

Rome TW outshines EaW as an RTS in every possible, imaginable way. EaW is just some more flogging of the SW License by Lucasarts, who seem to have forgotten the days where they used to be industry leaders with revolutionary games. (*KOTOR is the only exception and that can be attributed to the awesome BioWare's contribution) [/end rant]

mtfbwya

Doesn't Rome TW have some terrible graphics?

I would hardly call them terrible, especially considering the amount of characters items you can have generated on screen etc. The TW engine has been used to create visual dramatisations of classic battles on TV shows, so its not "terrible" by any stretch. Plus, RTW is definitely one of those games where gameplay brilliance outshines all else, as in all great games. Rememeber TiE Fighter.... :p

But to check it out for yourself, theres a pretty cool demo :)

mtfbwya

Forget graphics, Rome Total War was ****.

lolz. You obviously havent checked out the TW Hentai Mod v1.02 yet, right up your alley :D Who need Roman legions when you can attack with Hordes of Japanese Schoolgirls in short dresses and pigtails, giggling all the way :p

mtfbwya

lolz. You obviously havent checked out the TW Hentai Mod v1.02 yet, right up your alley :D Who need Roman legions when you can attack with Hordes of Japanese Schoolgirls in short dresses and pigtails, giggling all the way :p

Now that would be fun to see!

Archived