Home

No! The Astros Lost the World Series

Lady Jedi

[align=center]Title edited for outcome of the Series :xp:[/align]

WOW! This is so incredible. The Astros just beat the St. Louis Cardinals 5 - 1 in the playoffs. It wasn't even close! They totally nailed it! AWESOME!

It's the first time ever for the Astros to go to the Series of the 44 years they've been playing. And get this: Craig Biggio has been playing for 18 years, and he's finally got it. Nice! I actually remember being a really little kid at the Astrodome and seeing the whole place go nuts for Biggio. This guy deserves it; the whole team deserves it. I'm so psyched. :D

Sweeeet.

:cheers:

It seems perverse that I follow baseball more closely than most of the Americans around here, it isn't fair when people don't live up to national stereotypes!

It must be great to get revenge on St. Louis for what happened last year around. I'm kinda rooting for the White Sox as well, but it seems like either team would make worthy winners. Arguably the two best pitching staffs in the game going up against each other should be pretty fantastic, and I can see it going deep into the series. Anyway, it should be a great contest! Sadly, as neither side is from the East Coast, the games will be even deeper into the night in the UK...

Thing is is that I don't really keep up with baseball. Sure I like to know who's playing in the Series and the like, and I enjoy the hell out of the games if I can be there, but, rather unfortunately, there are no good teams where I live, so I don't get to go to the games the way I'd like to.

The reason I think it's so cool is because I was born in Texas and my mom always took us to the Astros games. So it's one of those special childhood things. :p

Orignally posted by:ET Warrior

Go Rockies!

I saw a Rockies game this May when I was in Denver. It was great. They lost to the Cardinals but the rest of the game rocked! :D

WOW! This is so incredible. The Astros just beat the St. Louis Cardinals 5 - 1. It wasn't even close! They totally nailed it! AWESOME!

It's the first time ever for the Astros to go to the Series of the 44 years they've been playing. And get this: Craig Biggio has been playing for 18 years, and he's finally got it. Nice! I actually remember being a really little kid at the Astrodome and seeing the whole place go nuts for Biggio. This guy deserves it; the whole team deserves it. I'm so psyched. :D

Sweeeet.

:cheers:

I hope the Astros tear the White Socks to pieces.

So the Astros lost. They didn't even win one game. :( Blah.

At least they made it to the Series. That's really all I was hoping for. Sure winning at least one of the Series would have been preety sweet, but oh well.

It's a good thing I'm not too serious about this sort of thing or I'd be rather buggered right now. :xp:

****ing White Sox swept them? Pff, I'm never gonna hear the end of this from those ****ing Sox fans I know. I like the ones that don't care to rub it in Cubs fans faces. But the ones that watch every Cubs game and cheer against them? That's just plain stupid.

Archived