Home

Spit and polish...

stingerhs

okay, i think most of us have seen most of the general ideas about the storyline, the RPG engine, graphics, some gameplay characteristics, etc. now, how about some of those little touches that just make things nice and polished out. an example would be the option to flip up/flip down the hoods on the Jedi Robes in Kotor 2 (which, although promised, never reached the final game).

to start things off, here's a couple of suggestions (and some of them might be from some of you guys, but i'll just call them 'good ones' and be done with it):

1. vary the fighting animations. you don't have to add feats, just add a number of different animations for each feat/fighting style to give things a more visual appeal.

2. give us some more models for the different kinds of swords/sabers. different skins for each one is nice, but lets take it to the next level.

3. more in-depth character customization at startup that would give us much more options as to character appearance. and to add on to this, it would also be a nice touch to be able to add tattoo's during the course of the game as well.

4. have NPC's react to your characters appearance based not only on the way your PC is dressed but also on the more personal side from scars, darkside transition, tattoo's, etc.

5. vary the NPC models. i'm actually getting pretty tired of seeing clones running around all the time in both Kotor games. it would be nice to see all characters having a unique appearance, but if not, then at least vary them out a bit better so i don't see 2 or more clones in one frame.

6. give us some more alien spoken dialogues that are more situation based than the 15-16 generics that we've had with the first two games.

anyways, just remember that your ideas don't affect major aspects of the gameplay. ;)

Assuming all other priorities are covered, I would very much like to see a diversity in Jedi robes. Different colors or maybe just more shades of the standard browns, blues and greens. It would be nice to have a better selection earlier in the game.

Varying the appearances of the NPCs is a necessary change. Does everyone in the galaxy wear the same make of clothes? Good one.

A few extra animations wouldn't hurt either, but that's not as important.

Customization of character, weapons and equipment is key to the unique experience. I wouldn't mind seeing some more options for these.

We've beaten this taun taun to death in other threads. But, I'll say it again.

Yes, to customization!

I agree that details and whistles & bells are important, but not at the expense of rushing a bad game to the shelves. Story and gameplay are paramount.

My biggy would be the customization of the character. We should have a lot more choices for what they look like, what skills they have, etc.

Another would be fighting. I kinda like what they already have (chose what move from the screen adn let them fight), but why not let us actually fight them? In the game, you would sometimes miss the enemy when they are right in front of you! This might not happen if we had to fight with a combination of buttons rather than clicking to choose.

• 4 weeks later...

@Stinger, I like the tat option, Fable did that well, and to a certain extent npc recognition (attractiveness, scariness, alignment) those attributes would work well with kotor and other items as well.

Why not take another little tidbit from fable, shaving, it would be cool to grow your beard and hair out and then cut them short whenever you feel like it.

Why not take another little tidbit from fable, shaving, it would be cool to grow your beard and hair out and then cut them short whenever you feel like it.

I like. It's game 3 so they have to take things to the next level. It was good how your appearance changed with allignment but other improvements to appearence would be great

I like how in Galaxies you can choose a different species. Why not put that in KOTOR 3? That was pretty neat.

Not only that, but the way you can customize hairstyle, skintone, height, weight, and facial features. That was the only thing I liked about Galaxies. These improvements would be well welcomed in KOTOR 3.

Dont know if you say this but, nr4 on stingerhs is in the game, not so much but it still there. If you go to Onderon you can talk to one of the guard and he ask you about your darkside transation, and i think there is 1 more that ask about it. But you maybe thoght about something like in Fable, people curst you if you are evil.

A new type of UI, I suggested the radial menu from NWN in a different thread, I for one got the hang of it quickly and it keeps things organized. And... a f***in' toolset!!! That's one of the things I hate about LucasArts, and the KotOR series, they've gone out of their way to make the game harder to modify and it's shown; look at all the cut content from KotOR 2!

Dont know if you say this but, nr4 on stingerhs is in the game, not so much but it still there. If you go to Onderon you can talk to one of the guard and he ask you about your darkside transation, and i think there is 1 more that ask about it. But you maybe thoght about something like in Fable, people curst you if you are evil.
the point is that reguardless of your appearance, most NPC's don't take your appearance into account. just imagine how it would be if your appearance alone could intimidate someone into doing what you want. or just the rabble in the streets reacted to your appearance. remember how things changed in the first game on Taris whenever you were wearing the Sith Armor?? that's pretty close to what i'm suggesting. ;)

While most of you guys have caught my "final touches", here are some you've missed:

*Better and more mini-games (see mini-game thread)

*The option to flip hoods in Jedi Robes

*Destructible Enviornments (crashing pillars, explosive barrels, bending pipes and shafts etc.)

*More Feat/Combat Variety

*Environment-Exploiting Force Powers (whirlpool in water, storm outdoors, exploding rocks etc.)

*More Freedom and lesser use of good/evil stereotype

It would be nice to see character customization like that of Fable, paired with the combat system like that of Jade Empire. Added customization options for just hairstyle and facial hair alone would be good enough. The tatoo system would probably carry some problems. What if you get a crazy full-body sith tatoo, then decide to move to the light? Battle wise, four different combat styles could be used (hand-to-hand, lightsaber, ranged, and force.) Strong attacks for each style, excluding force, as each button/key could be mapped to a different power. Also, switching from hand-to-hand to weapon would look amazing if done right in KotOR.

Archived