Home

What are your Favorite Planets in Star Wars?

CadmiumRED

The title of the thread pretty much explains what will happen here. You name the planet you like the most from Star Wars and explain why that planet is your favorite.

My favorite planet would have to be Ossus. There is SO MUCH that happens on that world in all parts of Star Wars history; the time when the Jedi Knights had to flee because of the supernova that would destroy the surface, Ood Bnar's secret stash of lightsabers underneath him, Ulic and Cay Qel-Droma's duel, the Jedi Library.. And then there was Dark Empire II, when Luke Skywalker and Kam Solusar came to the world to find Force-sensitive beings, which of course they did. Just looking at the artwork of the barren world from Cam Kennedy was amazing, it makes me appreciate the planet more for what it once was and for what it is at Luke's time. Also because of Luke and his wife settling down on the world with their son Ben, just a very interesting place.

Yavin IV- I like it because of the terrain, climate and the Rebel base

Onderon- Giant city, giant walls that defend it and a civil war... What's not to like?

Nar Shadaa- Big lawless city

Coruscant- I like city terrain

Tatooine- I love it

Manaan- I like political planets

Kashyyk- Giant forest... What's not to like?

I think that that's it, but there could be more.

My other favorites:

Yavin IV - good thing you helped me remember! A lot of interesting information about this moon. The temples of Exar Kun were constructed here, one of the strongest Sith Lords of all Star Wars time.

Dantooine - despite the environment of a farming world, it makes a suitable place for a Jedi Enclave and Academy. A calm and serene place to meditate and train; oh and then there's the flying manta ray in the sky!

Onderon - like you said, a huge civil war and giant beasts would attack the people of Onderon in the cities; then comes along Tott Doneeta to aid the war, a really awesome Jedi Knight!

Nespis VIII - in Dark Empire II, the place looked awesome from outside in space; lots of obscure and strange structures, surely it had to be constructed during the times of the Sith War or before that. The exterior and interiors are all damaged and aged (like the frescos outside Leia's chambers for her new child), surely there was huge significance about it.

Korriban - kind of the same borderlines as of my description for Ossus, except we all know that it related to only the Sith.

Tython - the birthplace of the Jedi!

Alderaan - a beautiful planet with gorgeous snowy mountains and shiny waters; plus it's Ulic Qel-Droma's homeworld!

Ossus (Former home to a bunch of Jedi, famous place, its just kind of cool. In fact, it is one of the planets I want to see in K3)

Korriban (Just because it is Korriban. Famous Sith planet, fun to play in KotOR and TSL. Very important planet in Star Wars)

Yavin IV (Home to Exar Kun, another planet filled with cool Sith tombs. Along with its forests, it is an interesting place- in fact, it is another I want to see in K3)

Wayland (Another interesting planet, host to some important events in Star Wars. I dunno, I just kind of like it)

Rhen Var (Ice planet filled with statues of Jedi. What couldn't you like? :) Also the home of Ulic after he was cut off from the force, and the place where he died. If I'm not mistaken, place for his tomb, also.

Endor (not sure if I like the planet itself- I just love Ewoks)

Thats my list, for now. Most of those I want to see in K3, as I said on a few of them. Except for Endor. BTW, I edited "Wookiees" out, and added explanations to the planets.

Dantooine - despite the environment of a farming world, it makes a suitable place for a Jedi Enclave and Academy. A calm and serene place to meditate and train; oh and then there's the flying manta ray in the sky!

Quoted for Manta ray! :D.

As you can guess I love Dantooine, for the same reasons as Cadmium. Then theres the Unknown World, I just love beached with gizka ;). And then there is Yavin 4, just because its a normal forest planet.

My favorite would be Korriban. It's the burial place of most of the Sith Lords, it's where the Dark Jedi fled to, it's the birthplace of the Sith, there are old tombs, ferocious creatures, it's where Exar Kun was corrupted, Darth Revan made it the center of his empire, every single Sith Lord before Naga Sadow went there, it looks cool... what isn't there to like about it?

Archived